PDA

View Full Version : I found Eyelids' Major.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
6 Absurd Classes Taught at Actual Colleges

#4.Stupidity

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/stupidity.jpg
Offered At:

Occidental College.
Occidental College is a liberal arts college in LA. The Princeton Review has it on its list of The Best 361 Colleges, otherwise known as The List of All the Colleges in the U.S.

The course is supposedly an examination of stupidity "... ranging from the presidency to Beevis (sic) and Butthead (sic)." They don't name the president but we're going to guess it's not Lincoln. Also, right away we're doubting the quality of a course that wants to teach you about stupidity but manages to spell Beavis and Butt-Head wrong. These guys may know stupidity, but apparently they don't know Google.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/stupidity2.jpg

The description slaps together a bunch of absurd academic jargon to try to legitimize the whole operation, with phrases like "Stupidity is neither ignorance nor organicity, but rather, a corollary of knowing..." or our other favorite, "Stupidity is always the name of the Other, and it is the sign of the feminine." Is there some kind of college course random word generator they use for these things?

Also, what's the supposed benefit here? We don't think analyzing stupidity is going to make you feel any better about it, any more than telling us exactly what's in dog poop will let us better cope with stepping in it. Even worse, you'd be paying someone thousands of dollars to point out things that are stupid, when you could have just came to this site and let us do it for the price of free.

http://departments.oxy.edu/registrar/catalog/ctsj.html#180

The rest of the list at http://www.cracked.com/article_16558_smash-bros-theory-6-absurd-classes-taught-at-actual-colleges.html

ralph wiggum
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Since it is not taught at SIU in Carbondale, IL, it must not be Blinky's major.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 12:29 PM

You're right, he's probably got an honorary degree in stupidity.

lacarnut
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
You're right, he's probably got an honorary degree in stupidity.

His minors are Wiggernomics and knucklehead politics.

jinxmchue
08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
#4.Stupidity

Hey, that sounds like a good one. Wonder if they cover DU.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Why are you guys so obsessed with me?

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Cry, Baby, cry. They pickin' on me.

Zathras
08-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Because you're our favorite chew toy at the moment. If you weren't such an elitist asshole maybe you'd get better treatment.

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Quit trying to stalk me at least.

OwlMBA
08-22-2008, 03:19 AM

You know what they say - Once you go black, you never come home.

AmPat
08-22-2008, 03:25 AM
I once heard a Radio program about a Gubbermint funded study to determine if stupid people knew they were stupid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they didn't.:eek:

Zathras
08-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Quit trying to stalk me at least.

Easy way to stop it....leave CU and never come back....just like you promised to do after your paper was done. Till then Blinky, open season on you. Get used to it child.

Sonnabend
08-22-2008, 08:35 AM
* <==== This is the point.

*_______________ .-. <===this is Eyelids missing the point by a mile.

/.\ <===== This is an Eyelids brain cell. It is lost.

This is his other brain cell. ======> /.\

It is out looking for the first one.

Sad.

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 11:01 AM
wtf did Sonnabend just try to do?

newshutr
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Proved his point...

megimoo
08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
EyePuss The Farmer :
Undergraduate degree programs focus on the agricultural sciences,you will see how we are "more than meets the eyelids,"The Daily Egyptian.

Zafod
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Proved his point...

no shit....

Junebug68
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Whatever blinky's major is, I bet it involves the phrase "Do you want fries with that? :rolleyes:

OwlMBA
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
http://phillips.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/25/630_nigga_skinhead.jpg

GenYConservative
08-23-2008, 12:27 AM

Allow me to show you a picture, since that is your only means of understanding anything.
http://media.tumblr.com/1vnWCPZWQ9fd1s1k1zTvXUJM_500.png

Sonnabend
08-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Knowing Eyelids..probably Womyns Studies

newshutr
08-23-2008, 12:47 AM
The young eyelids...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/newshutr/hoodfathersday.jpg

Lanie
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Why isn't this in Thunderdome? Just wondering.

Lanie
08-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Knowing Eyelids..probably Womyns Studies

I took two women's studies courses and I think the President of the College Republicans at the time I was there did. You got a problem with that? :p

bijou
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I took two women's studies courses and I think the President of the College Republicans at the time I was there did. You got a problem with that? :p

I have no problem with people studying whatever they want at their own expense, but the fact that a university offers a course in womyn's studies does not mean that the collected whinings of Mary Daly and Andrea Dworkin have any worth in the real world. ;)

asdf2231
08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I have no problem with people studying whatever they want at their own expense, but the fact that a university offers a course in womyn's studies does not mean that the collected whinings of Mary Daly and Andrea Dworkin have any worth in the real world. ;)

Oh SNAP! :D

Lanie
08-23-2008, 04:39 PM

Well, I once considered doing work involved with helping women and got told that they prefer somebody with a Women and Gender Studies degree. :rolleyes:

To get a degree, one actually does need a combination of courses (Math, science, foreign language, etc). And to even write a Women and Gender Studies paper, one needs to know how to do research (important in some jobs).

With that being said, I'll kill my kids if they have a major in that, History, Music, Liberal Arts, Romance cources, or certain other courses.

bijou
08-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I once considered doing work involved with helping women and got told that they prefer somebody with a Women and Gender Studies degree. :rolleyes:

To get a degree, one actually does need a combination of courses (Math, science, foreign language, etc). And to even write a Women and Gender Studies paper, one needs to know how to do research (important in some jobs).

With that being said, I'll kill my kids if they have a major in that, History, Music, Liberal Arts, Romance cources, or certain other courses. Hehe, I wouldn't worry there was very little chance any actual women were going to be helped by that program. :D