PDA

View Full Version : Are any DU'ers considering

SarasotaRepub
10-28-2010, 06:51 PM
OMG!!! Another Tough Guy Gun thread!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9405604) :eek:

madmax (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-28-10 11:55 AM
Original message Are any DU'ers considering

Edited on Thu Oct-28-10 12:27 PM by madmax
arming themselves with guns and ammo, in view of what's going on with these Teabaggers and wing-nuts?

Remember, the Jewish people were optimistic and thought they could ride the storm. I'm getting a little paranoid. I would have to take classes. I know squat about guns. Never even touched one. Although I was robbed at gun point and felt the gun in my ribs. I gave up my wedding ring and he ran away.

Just askin. Would appreciate any feed back, opinons, pro-views, anti-views. I need help working this out. Maybe I'm over-reacting but, I'm more than a little concerned. As I said in another post somewhere, if the shit hits the fan I want to be armed with something more than a rolling pin.

KO's special comment last night left me feeling more apprehensive as he listed each loon candidate that could win and their words and ideas to 'change' America.

On edit: I don't have small children. I'm 61 and the husband is 54. No small visiting grandkids either. They're 20 and she lives in NJ and the grandson is 15 and lives close but, I would put the gun and ammo locked up.

The DUmmies are gunning up! :D

m00
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
riderinthestorm Donating Member (1000+ posts)

Response to Original message
15. No.

I have a .22 rifle that I inherited (I've told stories in other DU forums about it's uh, ineffectualness harming even small wildlife). I have maybe 30 shotgun shells. I keep it stored up in the barn office ceiling tiles since I have kids in the house and no way do I want it in the house.

If you try to cram shotgun shells into a .22 rifle, I imagine it would be pretty ineffective. :D

(I guess he could be talking about rat shot, but that's not really a shotgun shell)

SarasotaRepub
10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
If you try to cram shotgun shells into a .22 bolt action rifle, I imagine it would be pretty ineffective. :D

I was waiting to see how long it would be before someone noticed that. :D

Tecate
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Funniest shit I've ever seen...

I thought the "Teabaggers" and wingnuts were the ones stockpiling firearms and ammo.

FDK
10-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Leave the adult toys to the adults.

Use the money to make your mortgage payment.

Or buy some more pot or something.

Gingersnap
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
....I would put the gun and ammo locked up.

Well, good freaking luck during your imagined "emergency". :rolleyes:

Nobody needs to round-up the lefties or intimidate them in any way. If the country becomes more conservative in fiscal and policy matters, it won't affect them other than providing whining fodder. I swear, you fear what you believe to be your own most effective weapons.

Lefties are all about interfering in personal matters, re-education, isolation of "wrong-thinking" groups, and punitive government measures to "correct" wrong-thinking. No surprise that's what they fear most.

BadCat
10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Well, good freaking luck during your imagined "emergency". :rolleyes:

Nobody needs to round-up the lefties or intimidate them in any way. If the country becomes more conservative in fiscal and policy matters, it won't affect them other than providing whining fodder. I swear, you fear what you believe to be your own most effective weapons.

Lefties are all about interfering in personal matters, re-education, isolation of "wrong-thinking" groups, and punitive government measures to "correct" wrong-thinking. No surprise that's what they fear most.

Well, I'm all for eliminating them from the gene pool.

Rockntractor
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm all for them arming, it will make it more sporting and your conscience won't bother you when you bag a few.

Articulate_Ape
10-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm all for eliminating them from the gene pool.

Really?

Gingersnap
10-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Really?

He means that he wouldn't hit on a good-looking lib unless she was fixed.

If he was single, I mean. :D

BadCat
10-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Really?

Yes.
Really.

Articulate_Ape
10-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes.
Really.

I never took you for a "final solution" kind of guy. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

BadCat
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I never took you for a "final solution" kind of guy. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

I just think they are a civil war waiting to happen. You know very well you can't discuss anything with them, and they would certainly do it to us if they were able.

Articulate_Ape
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I just think they are a civil war waiting to happen. You know very well you can't discuss anything with them, and they would certainly do it to us if they were able.

On this we can agree, BadCat. Just remember that we are the good guys and the onus is upon us to act that role out. I share your rage, but fighting while angry is a bad strategy. Let's be right and fight based on that.

BadCat
10-29-2010, 08:26 PM
On this we can agree, BadCat. Just remember that we are the good guys and the onus is upon us to act that role out. I share your rage, but fighting while angry is a bad strategy. Let's be right and fight based on that.

You may be a good guy.

Me. Not so much.

Articulate_Ape
10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
You may be a good guy.

Me. Not so much.

I think you are a better guy than your Internet persona lets on, BadCat. You are an angry patriot, much like many here, but you are a good guy or you wouldn't be here. I am pretty sure I am right on this one.

SarasotaRepub
10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I think you are a better guy than your Internet persona lets on, BadCat. You are an angry patriot, much like many here, but you are a good guy or you wouldn't be here. I am pretty sure I am right on this one.

Stop trying to dilute one of my eeeeeevilest SuperMods. :mad::mad::D

Articulate_Ape
10-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Stop trying to dilute one of my eeeeeevilest SuperMods. :mad::mad::D

http://motivationalspeaker1.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/yoda.jpg

SarasotaRepub
10-29-2010, 08:50 PM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/celebrity-pictures-yoda-bud.jpg?w=415&h=276

:p

Articulate_Ape
10-30-2010, 01:31 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Anakin.jpg

:p

Bailey
10-30-2010, 07:07 AM

Thanks for this unasked for mirth in the morning :) (laughed so hard i nearly peed my pants)

Articulate_Ape
10-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for this unasked for mirth in the morning :) (laughed so hard i nearly peed my pants)

Life without humor is death. :D

Wei Wu Wei
10-30-2010, 07:01 PM

No he's right actually. Just give me a few more decades and any of you who survive will be sent straight to the Gulags.

I may let a few of you so called "Liberals" live, instead giving you the lighter treatment of a few years of 'reeducation'.

Once you've learned not to be a parasite upon the masses who support you, you can live amongst us.

;)

Articulate_Ape
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
No he's right actually. Just give me a few more decades and any of you who survive will be sent straight to the Gulags.

I may let a few of you so called "Liberals" live, instead giving you the lighter treatment of a few years of 'reeducation'.

Once you've learned not to be a parasite upon the masses who support you, you can live amongst us.

;)

I think you would make a great boat anchor now.

SarasotaRepub
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM

;)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D