PDA

View Full Version : You will be drafted soon

FDK
10-29-2010, 08:28 AM
If you don't vote for a Democrap:

NNN0LHI (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-29-10 08:19 AM
Original message
Little word of advice for any draft age voters out there

I know a lot of parents with draft age kids right now who would like nothing better than to see the warmongering rapture loving Teapublicans get us into another war(s?), that would require reinstating the draft. They may not come right out and say it but if you watch and listen to them you can see this is what they want.

They sit in the taverns around here drinking their kids future away and singing Karaoke. And they are getting really tired of being bothered by their older kids who are living at home and/or bothering them for money and can't find a job. Many have tried to get their kids to enlist but the kids have been too smart for them. Many of these parents have two imported cars in their driveway and can't figure out why their sons can't find a decent job. These people are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

And let me tell you something else. If things did blow up and you were to get drafted and be killed these same parents would play the grieving parents of a veteran role real well. They would play it to the hilt. Even though it was their actions that got you killed. I have witnessed this before.

And if you are a little older and think you don't have to worry about this the cutoff age for the draft during WW II was 45 years old.

So keep this in mind when going to the polls next week. Your life may depend on it.

Peace.

Don

Remember, Republicans are the party of fear.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9411853

djones520
10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Ummm... dipshit. Only congress critter whose been calling for the draft lately has been one Charles Rangel (D). :rolleyes:

movie buff
10-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Anybody remember about how all throughout the Bush Administration (But especially right before elections, of course), the DUmmies would keep squawking about how Bush was gonna reinstate the draft in less than a month?
They've been making that claim for the last 7 years, and STILL no draft!
ANd they accuse US of spreading fear and paranoia?

Gingersnap
10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Parents may get tired of having adult children hanging around the house but that doesn't mean they want a draft. Good grief, it's the libs who see the volunteer force as elitist and racist - not the Republicans.

I'm also having trouble seeing how singing karaoke and drinking draft beer and well liquor is ruining the futures of freeloading adult children. It's not like that crowd is squandering their multimillion dollar estates on Happy Hour Two-Fers. :rolleyes:

obx
10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Is this why they want to end DADT?

Beefeater
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
And let me tell you something else. If things did blow up and you were to get drafted and be killed these same parents would play the grieving parents of a veteran role real well. They would play it to the hilt. Even though it was their actions that got you killed. I have witnessed this before.

Well, the name Cindy Sheehan does spring to mind. Is that who you're speaking of MORON?

http://estrip.org/content/users/tinypliny/1008/CindySheehan1021.jpg

noonwitch
10-29-2010, 01:03 PM
I think it would be really bad for the military to start up the draft again.

Our professional soldiers shouldn't have to deal with DUmmie draftees, unless they get to be their COs.

Seriously, draftees are not going to be as motivated in their work as voluntary enlistees.

djones520
10-29-2010, 01:05 PM

Our professional soldiers shouldn't have to deal with DUmmie draftees, unless they get to be their COs.

Seriously, draftees are not going to be as motivated in their work as voluntary enlistees.

I wouldn't want any DUmmy troops.

Molon Labe
10-29-2010, 01:07 PM

I dont' think it will happen. No one took Rangel for serious when he introudced the legislation. It was all symbolic. Besides....a voluntary army is a more disciplined group. I have no doubt that if this country were seriously threatened from the outside, there would be enough people to defend it.

Dan D. Doty
10-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Its those on the Left that want to bring back the Draft ( after spending the 60's and early 70's trying end it).

Rockntractor
10-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Have we ever drafted during a Republican administration?

FDK
10-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't want any DUmmy troops.

We could use them to find land mines though.:D

obx
10-29-2010, 05:39 PM
We could use them to find land mines though.:D

...or for targets.

swirling_vortex
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again. It was a Democratic President (FDR) that instated the Selective Service Act which created the modern draft and it was a Republic (Nixon) that repealed. It was also a Democratic president (Obama) that wanted a civilian force that was as strong as the military. But I guess it hasn't hit them yet.