PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Far-Left Liberal / Turnabout PART I

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Confessions of a Far-Left Liberal

I am a far left liberal. I believe in the redistribution of wealth. I believe that even though a person has worked hard and accumulated assets, that he should have to share them with those who have not worked hard and that those who have not worked hard have a right to cradle to grave support from a monolithic government run by megabureaurocricies.

I believe that if we would just play nice with the Islamic crazies they'd leave us alone and we could live in peace.

I don't have any answers to our current energy crisis except that we shouldn't drill, but should continue to buy our oil from unfriendly countries in a highly unstable region, and pay higher and higher prices for filling our gas tanks and heating our homes while we wait a couple of decades for someone to invent planet-friendly fuel. Until then, all we need is a tire gauge.

I believe that the United States of America should be ashamed of the progress and prosperity we've attained in the last century.

We should not be the only super power on Earth, and we should pay for our cruel ways by going above and beyond cleaning up the atmosphere, while we allow China and India to do as they please.

I believe that a woman's body belongs to her to do with as she pleases and that she should be able to abort a baby right up until the time it enters the birth canal. I believe that up until that time the baby is nothing but a blob of flesh and has no rights.

I believe that the snail darter and the spotted owl are much more important than mere human beings and their rights to woodlands and waters should be given precedence.

I believe that if us libs can't get legislation passed through the Congress that the Supreme Court should be packed with judges who see it our way and will ram the legislation down the throats of unwilling Americans.

I believe that the government should interfere in every facet of our lives.

I never answer a question with an answer but always with another question.

My political philosophies will not stand the light of truth.

I believe that it's perfectly all right for the Speaker of the House to hold up legislation that's wanted by nearly three fourths of the American public.

I believe that it's perfectly all right to have a Senate Majority Leader who refuses to admit the truth about a military victory even when it's staring him right in the face.

I think it's perfectly normal for men to marry men and women to marry women.

I don't believe that God has any place in public life and want his name stricken from all money, government buildings and monuments.

I believe that the United Nations is a viable diplomatic entity and that all international disagreements should be subject to their authority.

I believe that we should court the friendship of the European nations even if it means giving up our principles, our rights and our place in the world as number one.

I believe that guns are evil and should be banned from private ownership.

I do not believe that Fox News is fair and balanced despite having Alan Colmes, Greta Van Susteren, Geraldo Rivera and other liberal commentators and contributors on staff, but CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC speak the gospel truth.

I believe that one Senator should be drummed out of office for saying things to make an old man feel good on his one-hundredth birthday, while one who left a young girl to drown should be all but canonized by the left wing of his party.

I don't believe that the surge worked, even though I don't really know what it means, or care for that matter, and even if it did work, I still think we shouldn't have done it.

I believe that George W. Bush is the cause of all the trouble in the world since the day Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Charlie caught some hell from some libs who post on his forum, so he posted another Soapbox the following Monday. I'll post it in PART II.