PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend (Dem) voting for Whitman

Carol
10-30-2010, 03:57 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9418917)

vercetti2021 Donating Member (112 posts) Sat Oct-30-10 01:11 AM
Original message
Girlfriend (Dem) voting for Whitman

Edited on Sat Oct-30-10 01:14 AM by vercetti2021
WTF!? Am i seriously dreaming, my girlfriend of 4 years who voted for Obama in '08 is about to vote for the nutmeg?! I seriously went on a rant about meg telling her what i think and why the hell is she voting for her and not Jerry Brown, she gives me the response, "I vote who i want no one tells me who to vote for" I'm like um so your a democrat about to vote for a crazy power hungry repuke? Wow you have no common sense i said, now i'm in the dog house, wtf is she thinking.

But it won't matter anyway Jerry Brown is going to win anyway. Good Job CA love that state.

cynatnite Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-30-10 01:21 AM
Response to Original message
9. Time for some flowers...

Telling her she had no common sense is a good reason for you to be in the dog house :)

Let her vote for who she wants and leave it at that. Whitman's not going to win so voting for her isn't that big of a deal. Keeping peace in the house and your relationship intact is.

I don't blame your frustration. My husband of 21 years still gets some repub ideas that drive me batshit crazy.

vercetti2021 Donating Member (112 posts) Sat Oct-30-10 01:32 AM
Response to Reply #13
15. Nope

Sadly shes a native californian but her mom is a republican which i think has a lot to do with it, meh just was shocking to hear it i felt a cringe up my spine when she said it, also shes mexican american.

madmax Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-30-10 01:31 AM
Response to Original message
14. Lost a friend of 20 years because she would not

listen to facts or reason. She voted for McCain/The shiller from Wasilla. :wow:What is it with liberals who are so intolerant that they cannot even continue 20 year friendships if that person disagrees with their political views. Notice the friendship was lost because "she would not listen to facts or reason". Madmax couldn't change her opinion and she wouldn't vote the way s/he wanted her to so it's the end of a 20 year friendship.

crim son Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-30-10 01:43 AM
Response to Reply #14
19. I know what you mean.

My exbf and I went through a lot of shit before we broke and most of it is forgettable; the one thing that stands out in my mind, that was truly horrible, is the time when he told me he thought Glenn Beck was worth listening to. Until he said that, I thought he was a bright fellow; afterward, I never really thought that again and it was downhill from then on.
To be fair a number of people told him he was wrong. And he says:

vercetti2021 Donating Member (114 posts) Sat Oct-30-10 03:48 AM
Response to Reply #26
30. na

Not going to let politics ruin it.If someone I was dating had that kind of reaction to my decision about who I was voting for it would throw BIG RED FLAGS up for me though.

djones520
10-30-2010, 06:33 AM
It's pathetic how sad these people are. One of my best friends is a true blue commie. I don't give a shit though. She's still my friend, hell, she's more like a sister, and I'd do anything for her.

SarasotaRepub
10-30-2010, 08:20 AM
And the sad part is, DUmmies are for the most part proud of losing friends and relatives because of politics.

DUmmies, here's a clue. Your friends and relatives are glad to be rid of you. :cool:

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 08:44 AM
I've had a couple of leftists end friendships with me over politics - I for one have never done the same. It would be retarded.

FBIGuy
10-30-2010, 09:46 AM
The boyfriend is an idiot.

BDMcGee
10-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I have very close freinds and family members all over the political spectrum, doesn't matter to me. My dad is a dyed-in-the- wool old school dem and nothings gonna change that. He's still the man I love and respect most in ths world and nothings ever gonna change that either. We just disagree.

SarasotaRepub
10-30-2010, 03:14 PM
I have very close freinds and family members all over the political spectrum, doesn't matter to me. My dad is a dyed-in-the- wool old school dem and nothings gonna change that. He's still the man I love and respect most in ths world and nothings ever gonna change that either. We just disagree.

Amazing how easy that is isn't???

Except if you're a DUmmy. :D

Wei Wu Wei
10-30-2010, 05:42 PM
It's pathetic how sad these people are. One of my best friends is a true blue commie. I don't give a shit though. She's still my friend, hell, she's more like a sister, and I'd do anything for her.

Right on, it shouldn't matter with people you care about on a personal level. In fact that's the best in my opinion. I have 2 die-hard conservatives in my home right now, having a great time. Err.....I probably shouldn't stay on this computer too long.....

Adam Wood
11-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, we're into the season of throwing the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the dining room window.

After this election, the holidays should be most interesting this year.

Zathras
11-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Heh heh, what I find funny is the population of California was dumb enough to reelect Moonbeam and the rest of the liberal trash that's going to ruin California for years to come but couldn't pass Prop 19.

PoliCon
11-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Heh heh, what I find funny is the population of California was dumb enough to reelect Moonbeam and the rest of the liberal trash that's going to ruin California for years to come but couldn't pass Prop 19.

Because Whitman did not excite people. She's the moderate the party elites are all telling us we should be wanting to elect and she did not get elected.