PDA

View Full Version : McCain not sure how many houses he owns

LogansPapa
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/6da26198-f852-4b1f-bbec-6cfeb355febf.vsmall.jpg

Campaign says candidate and wife have at least four homes

updated 1:05 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2008

WASHINGTON - Days after he cracked that being rich in the U.S. meant earning at least $5 million a year, Republican presidential candidate John McCain acknowledged that he wasn't sure how many houses he and his wealthy wife actually own.

"I think ó I'll have my staff get to you," McCain responded to a question posed by Politico, according to a story Thursday on the publication's Web site. "It's condominiums where ó I'll have them get to you."

Later, the McCain campaign told Politico that McCain and his wife, Cindy, have at least four in three states ó Arizona, California and Virginia. Newsweek recently estimated the two owned at least seven properties.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26331222/

* I want to be that rich. ;)

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Where did Hanoi John get all that money? Oh right. His wife.

Not the first one though, he couldn't be seen with that mess.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM

Too bad he's not a self made man, like Kerry. Or taking contributions from people who can't afford it like Al and Jesse.

Zafod
08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I want to know which one of his houses he got from a convicted felon?

Oh yeah, thats right....NONE!

M21
08-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Does an apartment building count as only one or do you count the individual apartments as homes?

wilbur
08-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I think the final verdict was 7. I do think we are starting to see the shift happen though, its quite fascinating.

People are slowly moving on from "holding their nose", to being staunch McCain defenders. Ive noticed the shift in the right wing media as well... coincidence?

Chuck58
08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't see much alternative than to vote for McCain, then go to Confession, do penance and try to put the nightmare at what I did behind me.

Voting for that other one would take all the above plus flagellation, and then I'm not sure I'd be cleansed of my sin.

Anyway, mccain's comment about $5 million a year really hit home as to how out of touch those people in the ivory towers of Capitol Hill really are. I doubt he's unique up there and I doubt that 'crack' was a joke.

To me, rich is a relative term. Here, in this little rural village, $40K is a very comfortable income. I don't think we could make it in some other parts of the country on that money.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't see much alternative than to vote for McCain, then go to Confession, do penance and try to put the nightmare at what I did behind me.

Voting for that other one would take all the above plus flagellation, and then I'm not sure I'd be cleansed of my sin.

Anyway, mccain's comment about $5 million a year really hit home as to how out of touch those people in the ivory towers of Capitol Hill really are. I doubt he's unique up there and I doubt that 'crack' was a joke.

To me, rich is a relative term. Here, in this little rural village, $40K is a very comfortable income. I don't think we could make it in some other parts of the country on that money.

Exactly, Linda90210 and I have talked about this. My wife and I make a combined $40K per year, give or take. We have three vehicles and a 2200 sq.ft. home, plus gas is $3.48/gal. I love small town GA.:D

linda22003
08-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Quite true. Here in the DC area, you'd be homeless. This is the median household income of my county (about ten miles west of DC), compared to the state and the country. And this information is four years old.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/demogrph/graphs/hhinc.pdf

linda22003
08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Exactly, Linda90210 and I have talked about this. My wife and I make a combined $40K per year, give or take. We have three vehicles and a 2200 sq.ft. home, plus gas is $3.48/gal. I love small town GA.:D

And that's fine. It means we can move anywhere after we retire and live pretty luxuriously. ;)

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
This is marking a pretty big shift in the Obama campaign. McCain has been making fuck-ups pretty much daily since March and now Obama is going to slam him on them.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
And that's fine. It means we can move anywhere after we retire and live pretty luxuriously. ;)

That's why so many people retire down here. Low cost of living and great weather.

Chuck58
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Plus, Rebel Yell, if you're into it, Georgia has some great deer hunting. We've looked over that way, since we'd like to get out of the 30 below winters up here at 8000 ft elevation. The wife looks for climate, etc. I look for hunting, a pro gun type environment, and solid Conservative politics, and not too many Yankees.

YupItsMe
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
This is marking a pretty big shift in the Obama campaign. McCain has been making fuck-ups pretty much daily since March and now Obama is going to slam him on them.

Keep clicking your little ruby slippers together, you'll be back in Kansas before you know it, Dorothy.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Plus, Rebel Yell, if you're into it, Georgia has some great deer hunting. We've looked over that way, since we'd like to get out of the 30 below winters up here at 8000 ft elevation. The wife looks for climate, etc. I look for hunting, a pro gun type environment, and solid Conservative politics, and not too many Yankees.

Great deer hunting down here. I haven't been in a while, but I'm getting ready to start back this year.

My Old Man's land ajoins theirs........
http://www.littleriverga.com/

Nevermind, I just found out they don't have deer hunts anymore. the site used to have pictures of deer killed there.

Speedy
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I guess that disqualifies John Kerry with his 5 houses as VP.

Sonnabend
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Eyelids: You will not refer to Mr McCain in that manner again. The fact he spent five years in a Vietnam prison cell makes him a hero and an incredible brave man.

You will not use that epithet in future. Is that clear? Bashing or denigration of troops on this board is not permitted and you know it.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
You mean Mr McCain?

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Eyelids: You will not refer to Mr McCain in that manner again. The fact he spent five years in a Vietnam prison cell makes him a hero and an incredible brave man.

You will not use that epithet in future. Is that clear? Bashing or denigration of troops on this board is not permitted and you know it.

Why not? The little fucker gets away with everything else.

Sonnabend
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Top 10 wealthiest members of the house and senate

1.Jane Harman (D-Calif)
2 Darrell Issa (R-Calif)
3 John Kerry (D-Mass)
4 Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla)
5 Herb Kohl (D-Wis)
6 Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass)
7 Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa)
8 Robin Hayes (R-NC)
9 Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif)
10 Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Most expensive places to live in the US: Cape Cod, Beverley Hills: 90% democrat.

Billionaire Democrat: Warren Buffet.
Billionaire: George Soros (owns millions of dollars in Halliburton shares).
Sergey Brin, Democrat, Billionaire.
Larry Page, Democrat, Billionaire
Charles Koch, Democrat, Billionaire
Kirk Kerkorian, Democrat, Billionaire
Abigail Johnson, Democrat, Billionaire
Ballmer, Steven, Democrat, Billionaire.

Sonnabend
08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
You are now well aware of what i mean.

Why not? The little fucker gets away with everything else.

Not unless he wants another timeout.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM

He'll do it again. Take my word for it. He thinks his "blackness" gives him license to do whatever he wants. I know his type.

Sonnabend
08-21-2008, 04:44 PM
He thinks his "blackness" gives him license to do whatever he wants. I know his type.

He thinks wrong.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 04:44 PM

When a real Mod tells me not to then I might.

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
When a real Mod tells me not to then I might. But until then I'll call Hanoi John whatever the hell I want.

Told ya.:rolleyes:

See ya in a week, Inky.:D

Zafod
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
When a real Mod tells me not to then I might.

You WILL NOT do it again!
How is that from a REAL mod?

patsfan
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Great deer hunting down here. I haven't been in a while, but I'm getting ready to start back this year.

My Old Man's land ajoins theirs........
http://www.littleriverga.com/

Nevermind, I just found out they don't have deer hunts anymore. the site used to have pictures of deer killed there.

Don't sweat the lack of deerhunting. I hear that Bigfoot sightings are way up!:D

The McCain campaign had a good comeback to Obama on the houses. Along the lines of who are you to talk, Mr.-My-Friend-The-Felon-Tony-Resko-Got-Me -A -Great-Deal-On-A-Lot?!!

Speedy
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
The fact that John McCain has 5, 7, 20 houses is not an issue in any way shape or form. John McCain has never been one to see the accumilation of wealth for himself or anyone else as a bad thing. Barry, on the other hand, see's the accumilation of wealth as evil, unless the wealth is his own.

Zeus
08-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Housing Problem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjC2AlWy6CI)

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 03:02 AM
The fact that John McCain has 5, 7, 20 houses is not an issue in any way shape or form. John McCain has never been one to see the accumilation of wealth for himself or anyone else as a bad thing. Barry, on the other hand, see's the accumilation of wealth as evil, unless the wealth is his own.

Barry isn't really all that rich by US politician standards and only owns one house in pretty modest Hyde Park.

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 03:03 AM
You WILL NOT do it again!
How is that from a REAL mod?

How is me calling John McCain 'Hanoi John' different than the way you guys disrespected John Kerry's service 4 years ago?

Not that I care, military service couldn't mean less with somebody running for president.

OwlMBA
08-22-2008, 03:09 AM
How is me calling John McCain 'Hanoi John' different than the way you guys disrespected John Kerry's service 4 years ago?

Not that I care, military service couldn't mean less with somebody running for president.

LOL

What a difference 4 years makes. I seem to remember the liberals constantly berating Bush for not fighting in Vietnam, but now that they are running a straight Harvard hippie douche nozzle for President, suddenly military service doesnt matter.

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 03:14 AM
LOL

What a difference 4 years makes. I seem to remember the liberals constantly berating Bush for not fighting in Vietnam, but now that they are running a straight Harvard hippie douche nozzle for President, suddenly military service doesnt matter.

Guess who wasn't one of those liberals touting John Kerry's war bullshit? Oh hi it's me, Eyelids.

Being a veteran proves nothing, it just gives stupid people a reason to vote for them based on completely unquantifiable characteristics. Honor, pride, patriotism... between those 3 and religion all the ammo anyone will ever need to convince 85% of this retarded country is right at their fingertips.

OwlMBA
08-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Guess who wasn't one of those liberals touting John Kerry's war bullshit? Oh hi it's me, Eyelids.

Being a veteran proves nothing, it just gives stupid people a reason to vote for them based on completely unquantifiable characteristics. Honor, pride, patriotism... between those 3 and religion all the ammo anyone will ever need to convince 85% of this retarded country is right at their fingertips.

If being a veteran is irrelevant to running the largest military in the world, is business experience irrelevant to running a business?

Sonnabend
08-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Being a veteran proves nothing

Wrong.

"The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian, is that a soldier accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he is a member. The civilian does not." - Robert Heinlein

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - Winston Churchill

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

FREEDOM ISNíT FREE

I lost my life at Valley Forge my hand froze to my gun
I was but still a lad my life had just begun
Because we chose to bravely fight and die for liberty
Our great nation did emerge
Freedom isnít free

It was spring at Chancelorsville I fought in a field stained red
We rallied against the foe while around us lay the dead
I lost my life that fateful day in 1863
To right the wrong and unite our land
Freedom isnít free

Poppies grow in Flanders Field, their numbers rival the dead
Each bloom denotes a life cut short this field is now their bed
Men fought in this foreign land from homes across the sea
They gave their lives for their beliefs
Freedom isnít free

The sun shines on fields at Normandy with crosses overgrown
Gleaming white among the rows stands mine with the word "UNKNOWN"
My name is lost my face forgot I died for lives yet to be
That you might live in this great land
Freedom isnít free

I fought in trenches cold and damp in deserts hot and dry
In jungles dense I thought of home, as I was about to die
Our flag still waves above our land because of men like these
We canít forget their sacrifice
Freedom isnít free

Evil men have rose to power down through the many years
They ruled the land and oppressed man with torture, hate and fear
When a tyrant is defeated and their power ceased to be
Itís because of those who answered the call
Freedom isnít free

For generations theyíve stepped forth, left home and family
Some served on land, some in air and some served on the sea
They pledged to preserve, protect and defend our sacred liberty
So evil would fail and right prevail
Freedom isnít free

Thousands fought through the years so our country could survive

To secure the blessings of liberty for those who are now alive

You may march and protest you have the right to disagree

But remember the blood that bought this right.

Freedom isnít free

Sue Ikerd 2003 (http://ozarksfamilyfarm.com/freedomisntfree.html)

asdf2231
08-22-2008, 06:49 AM
If being a veteran is irrelevant to running the largest military in the world, is business experience irrelevant to running a business?

That might leave a mark...

asdf2231
08-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Eyelids is a lost cause and a retard.

Anyone that could generate this:

Oh no I'm unfit to be an American and a traitor/coward to a cause I never believed in! Go die for a lie there Zathras, they could wrap rat poison in the flag and you'd eat it up.
has less native wit than that Canadian jackass with tthe lion avatar who used to hang out here telling us we were all cracker racist bastards.

He's a parasitic drone.

Rebel Yell
08-22-2008, 09:05 AM

I'm sure you weren't. And I mean that literally. What were you then, fourteen, fifteen years old. I wasn't much into politics until my early to mid twenties.

LibraryLady
08-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They're all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control.

Barack Obama purchased his million-dollar mansion in a shady deal involving a convicted felon, and it raises questions about his ethics and judgment

This is another DU gotcha that will backfire. Isn't this the 4th one this week?

Zafod
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM

I never said anything about his service.
It was what he did when he came home after his 4 months of service that I take issue with.

thats besides the point.
You will not do it again! Do you understand?

AmPat
08-22-2008, 11:06 AM

Who knows, maybe he borrowed it from one of John "gigolo" Kerry's two rich wives. :rolleyes:

By-The-Way, calling a former POW names is not only disgusting but is revealing as to how big a pile of excrement you are. Feel free to attack him politically but you are way out of line calling this American Hero names. I actually support you staying on this site but I'll be the first to agree to kick your sorry butt out if you persist in running your filthy sewer against John McCain.:mad:

And before you make another stupid remark, No, I am not a McCain fan.

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Wrong.

"The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian, is that a soldier accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he is a member. The civilian does not." - Robert Heinlein

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - Winston Churchill

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

FREEDOM ISNíT FREE

I lost my life at Valley Forge my hand froze to my gun
I was but still a lad my life had just begun
Because we chose to bravely fight and die for liberty
Our great nation did emerge
Freedom isnít free

It was spring at Chancelorsville I fought in a field stained red
We rallied against the foe while around us lay the dead
I lost my life that fateful day in 1863
To right the wrong and unite our land
Freedom isnít free

Poppies grow in Flanders Field, their numbers rival the dead
Each bloom denotes a life cut short this field is now their bed
Men fought in this foreign land from homes across the sea
They gave their lives for their beliefs
Freedom isnít free

The sun shines on fields at Normandy with crosses overgrown
Gleaming white among the rows stands mine with the word "UNKNOWN"
My name is lost my face forgot I died for lives yet to be
That you might live in this great land
Freedom isnít free

I fought in trenches cold and damp in deserts hot and dry
In jungles dense I thought of home, as I was about to die
Our flag still waves above our land because of men like these
We canít forget their sacrifice
Freedom isnít free

Evil men have rose to power down through the many years
They ruled the land and oppressed man with torture, hate and fear
When a tyrant is defeated and their power ceased to be
Itís because of those who answered the call
Freedom isnít free

For generations theyíve stepped forth, left home and family
Some served on land, some in air and some served on the sea
They pledged to preserve, protect and defend our sacred liberty
So evil would fail and right prevail
Freedom isnít free

Thousands fought through the years so our country could survive

To secure the blessings of liberty for those who are now alive

You may march and protest you have the right to disagree

But remember the blood that bought this right.

Freedom isnít free

Sue Ikerd 2003 (http://ozarksfamilyfarm.com/freedomisntfree.html)

fucking yawn

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM

Unless you actually ran a facet of the military it's completely irrelevant. Like would being the janitor at Microsoft's corporate HQ justify making you the CEO?

AmPat
08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Unless you actually ran a facet of the military it's completely irrelevant. Like would being the janitor at Microsoft's corporate HQ justify making you the CEO?

As usual, you run your suck before you know the facts. Look up his service record and come back and apologize, that is if you are a real adult. I bet you are a 16 year old pud puller that keeps one hand on the keyboard. If not, I'll await your public apology on John McCain's behalf.

linda22003
08-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll await your public apology on John McCain's behalf.

You'll be waiting a long time. I'm very tolerant of people's right to post, even when I hate their posts, but I have come to the conclusion that it would be best if none of us respond to any of his posts at all.

AmPat
08-22-2008, 11:48 AM
You'll be waiting a long time. I'm very tolerant of people's right to post, even when I hate their posts, but I have come to the conclusion that it would be best if none of us respond to any of his posts at all.

I don't expect it either but I wanted to give him the opportunity to attempt to act like a civilized adult. He will not measure up. I see no evidence of adult behavior from his posts and have concluded he is useless.:cool:

Eyelids
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Im not going to apologize, are you fucking kidding me?

AmPat
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
So he is a pud-pulling 16 year old. Case Closed.:cool:

LibraryLady
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM

You can see his desperation as more people discover that Zer-0 is an empty suit and hopeless candidate.

Typical lefty, his language gets vulgar and his pronouncements are ludicrous.

Blinky is meltingggggggggggg:D

Zafod
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Im not going to apologize, are you fucking kidding me?

Yes you will.