PDA

View Full Version : Viking CUT Randy Moss!!

Constitutionally Speaking
11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Randy Moss cut by Vikings
Associated Press / Associated Press

Eden Prairie, Minn. The Minnesota Vikings have waived receiver Randy Moss. Linebacker Ben Leber said coach Brad Childress informed the team that Moss had been let go during a team meeting Monday afternoon. The NFL Network first reported the Vikings waived Moss.

Moss had one catch for 8 yards in a loss to the Patriots, In Sunday night's postgame news conference, he expressed admiration for the Patriots and criticized Vikings coaching.

Advertisement

Childress said earlier Monday that Moss was staying back in the Boston area after the game to spend time with family. Childress said he did not regret acquiring him "at the moment."

Childress did not mention the roster move during his news conference.

The Vikings acquired Moss from the Patriots a month ago for a third-round draft pick. He played in four games for the Vikings and had 13 catches for 174 yards and two touchdowns.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101101/SPORTS0101/11010393#ixzz144pNKWMs

http://detnews.com/article/20101101/SPORTS0101/11010393

:eek:

Big Guy
11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
There has to be more to this. It just don't make sense.

Teddy Kennedy
11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
There has to be more to this. It just don't make sense.

He is poison in the locker room. Good riddance to bad trash.

Space Gravy
11-01-2010, 07:29 PM
It's a tough choice between Dallas and Minnesota for the train wreck of the season award.

Teddy Kennedy
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
It's a tough choice between Dallas and Minnesota for the train wreck of the season award.

Minnesota had more potential, I posit that the award goes to them.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Teh winner!

Bubba Dawg
11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Minnesota had more potential, I posit that the award goes to them.

I like a guy who posits. Especially about football.

I tend to agree with you on your position.

Teddy Kennedy
11-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I like a guy who posits. Especially about football.

I tend to agree with you on your position.

Yeah, well you represent my favorite move. So we've got common ground.

Kay
11-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, well you represent my favorite move.
So we've got common ground.

Wondering to self....
Would this be a good time to inform Teddy about Bubba's spandex fetish?

Bubba Dawg
11-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Wondering to self....

It is NOT a fetish if it is worn in athletic competition :mad:

.....and on Saturday night.....um......:o

Teddy Kennedy
11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Wondering to self....

Gonna take a big pass on that knowledge.

warpig
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM

definitely Dallas.............

fettpett
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Ziggy Wilf should have fired Childress for this as it's being reported that Chilly made the move on his own. Chilly has shown time and again that not only is he a shitty coach but has NO ethics (told the media one thing, then the players that Moss was cut).

That being said, Ziggy can keep this train wreck going cuz as a Packer fan I find it fucking HILARIOUS!!!

Rebel Yell
11-02-2010, 01:48 PM

Didn't they know that before they traded for him? Brad Childress is poison in the locker room.

AmPat
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Good riddance!

ralph wiggum
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Maybe here's part of the reason:

Randy Moss, who was waived by the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday, may have alienated some teammates when he was roundly critical of a post-practice meal in front of the local restaurant owners who catered it, Yahoo! Sports reported.

Moss officially hit the waiver wire Tuesday afternoon, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Every Friday, the Vikings invite a local establishment to cater the team's post-practice meal. Last Friday, it was a St. Paul restaurant -- a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk -- that served chicken, pasta, ribs and other dishes.

While his teammates lined up to dig in, Moss lashed out, according to the report.

Moss yelled "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog," a player who witnessed the incident said, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Gus Tinucci, co-owner of Tinucci's Restaurant and Catering, which provided the spread in question, confirmed the report to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

"If [Brett] Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right in the head. Favre looked at him like, 'Are you kidding me?' " Tinucci told the newspaper.

The Vikings decided to cut ties with Moss on Monday, despite having given up a third-round draft choice to acquire him from the New England Patriots a month ago.
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561)

fettpett
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Maybe here's part of the reason:

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561)

that might be a small part, but I think Childress decided to act on his own because he's been frustrated with the shoddy play of his team this year. Hell it could have been a knee jerk reaction due to the lack of trust this team shows him and Moss just hit the wrong nerve after the crap with Favre last week.

ralph wiggum
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Tennessee Titans claim Randy Moss (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5760968)

The Tennessee Titans claimed former Minnesota Vikings recevier Randy Moss on waivers Wednesday.

Moss plans to report to the Titans, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

If Moss does not report to the Titans, Tennessee will send him a "5-day" letter and at the end of that five days, they have the right to put him on the Reserve/Left Squad list. He would be out for the remainder of the season once the club takes that action. Moss' status for next year would be determined by terms of the new collective bargaining agreement.

Moss, going to his third team this season, will be welcomed at least initially. Safety Michael Griffin tweeted "welcome Randy Moss" and All Pro running back Chris Johnson had been lobbying for the Titans to pick up Moss as well.

Big Guy
11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Moss is now a Tennessee Titan. :eek: