PDA

View Full Version : Are you really interested in 'discussions' with liberals?

BadCat
11-02-2010, 04:42 PM
We let them come in here and crap on the floor, usually they just serve as entertainment, showcasing the insane stupidity of the American left.

But I was wondering, is anybody here ACTUALLY INTERESTED in 'discussing' anything with them?

I'm not, I hate every freakin' one of them, I have NO interest in their opinions about ANYTHING.

I'm wondering why so many waste their time responding to their batshit crazy rantings on this board.

Anyone care to opine?

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I consider them cheap entertainment, a sort of stress reliever.

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 04:50 PM
We let them come in here and crap on the floor, usually they just serve as entertainment, showcasing the insane stupidity of the American left.

But I was wondering, is anybody here ACTUALLY INTERESTED in 'discussing' anything with them?

I'm not, I hate every freakin' one of them, I have NO interest in their opinions about ANYTHING.

I'm wondering why so many waste their time responding to their batshit crazy rantings on this board.

Anyone care to opine?

Do you really want CU to be an echo chamber, BadCat? Clearly, there are many who lurk here from many political perspectives. Even if they don't post, giving them the opportunity to see conservatism defended and liberalism confounded by rational arguments is a healthy thing.

Without such exchanges this place would be little more than a series of posts about food, dogs, and "yeah I think so too". Is that really what you want? I sure don't.

PoliCon
11-02-2010, 04:53 PM
1. I get a kick out of it.

2. In my line of work I don't have much of a choice.

3. Sooner or later you get through to one or two.

Big Guy
11-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Sometimes it is just fun to read their crap. I enjoy posting because I know they are coming here and reading our posts and I can just piss them off. :D

lacarnut
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Liberal bomb throwers that start threads often and then do not particpate in the discussion should be banned. Starting new threads regarding the same topic should not be allowed either. Wee wee is famous for this.

malloc
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Mainly because my interpretation of the following quote.

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.

I translate it in my head as this:

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to libtards who don't know any better, how little they really know about what they hopey wish big government, top-down, authoritarianism can accomplish.

So I demonstrate.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Do you really want CU to be an echo chamber, BadCat? Clearly, there are many who lurk here from many political perspectives. Even if they don't post, giving them the opportunity to see conservatism defended and liberalism confounded by rational arguments is a healthy thing.

Without such exchanges this place would be little more than a series of posts about food, dogs, and "yeah I think so too". Is that really what you want? I sure don't.

I come here to be derisive of liberals and to insult them in general, because I know they read this board. I can have a great time just doing that.

If I want to read their crap, all I have to do is check out the DUmmie threads here or over at CC.

hampshirebrit
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I consider them cheap entertainment, a sort of stress reliever.

What he said.

What's the question, exactly? Are we interested in these discussions, or should we just ban liberals on sight? A kind of shoot-to-kill liberals policy, if you will.

I am not in favour of this.

There would be no point in me moderating or even remaining a member here at CU, were it to become an echo chamber, like DU is.

A few trolls and some of our more left-leaning members provide a huge amount of entertainment value to CU. It is good that we, unlike our opposition, allow ourselves to have such people contribute, in their small and unique way, to the commonwealth of CU.

There is a fine line to be drawn at the point at which it becomes more worthwhile and amusing or less so to keep real libtards around. We should reserve the "not keep around" option for the least amusing cases. These may not necessary be purely restricted to libtards, either, for which point at least one of our recent n00bs may possibly serve as a good example.

The more amusing ones generally tend to fall into one or more of the following sub-genae:

- Some of them (OK, a small minority), debate their positions quite well - crap positions, maybe, but still, sometimes better than we debate our own better, positions. This can only be a good thing for CU.

- Some of them learn while they're here. This is a good thing for them, and us.

- Some of them are just good fun to torment. This is mostly a good thing only for us, although I suspect some of them enjoy being tormented :D

In other words, get rid of the libtard when the libtard morphs into a nuisance-level troll. Not before.

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I come here to be derisive of liberals and to insult them in general, because I know they read this board. I can have a great time just doing that.

If I want to read their crap, all I have to do is check out the DUmmie threads here or over at CC.

Fair enough, do you not find it almost ironic that so many posts here (note the sub-thread you refer to) are all about responding to Libs at DU with the equivalent of the mute button pressed? I mean it's fine and even highly amusing, but it is hardly constructive in putting forward the conservative values that CU represents IMHO.

While I do agree with Lacarnut that provocative "spamming/flooding" posts should be discouraged, we do seem to have a pretty capable group of mods and admins to keep the peace. However, and again, if you seek to cast out all unpopular speech from CU, then you might want to ruminate on what exactly CU is supposed to be. I would hope that we are more than the "anti-DU" and that we would not practice the same censorship of opposing views that seems to be part of their modus operandi.

In short, I think it would be a mistake to follow the model of those we ridicule for their failure.

Zafod
11-02-2010, 05:49 PM
no echo chamber please.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Fair enough, do you not find it almost ironic that so many posts here (note the sub-thread you refer to) are all about responding to Libs at DU with the equivalent of the mute button pressed? I mean it's fine and even highly amusing, but it is hardly constructive in putting forward the conservative values that CU represents IMHO.

While I do agree with Lacarnut that provocative "spamming/flooding" posts should be discouraged, we do seem to have a pretty capable group of mods and admins to keep the peace. However, and again, if you seek to cast out all unpopular speech from CU, then you might want to ruminate on what exactly CU is supposed to be. I would hope that we are more than the "anti-DU" and that we would not practice the same censorship of opposing views that seems to be part of their modus operandi.

In short, I think it would be a mistake to follow the model of those we ridicule for their failure.

I didn't say to forbid them or censor them, I was wondering if anyone actually has any interest in "discussions" with them.

You're not going to change their minds about a thing, and vice versa.

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I didn't say to forbid them or censor them, I was wondering if anyone actually has any interest in "discussions" with them.

I would say the answer to that is a resounding "yes" given the empirical evidence of CU members doing just that in what are some pretty quality threads here.

You are probably right about this, BadCat, but at any given time we have somewhere between 100-300 users viewing this forum. Of course many of those are bots scanning the forum, but many of them are not. Likewise, there are many registered members lurking for whatever reason.

I guess what I am saying is that you can look at CU as club of sorts, but by doing so you ignore the fact that we carry on that club's business on a stage before an unknown number of readers. You may be here to deride Liberals (one of my favorite hobbies) and that's cool, but I guess the question you are asking in a way is "Why is CU here?" I would like to think that it's purpose is a little loftier than derision.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I would say the answer to that is a resounding "yes" given the empirical evidence of CU members doing just that in what are some pretty quality threads here.

You are probably right about this, BadCat, but at any given time we have somewhere between 100-300 users viewing this forum. Of course many of those are bots scanning the forum, but many of them are not. Likewise, there are many registered members lurking for whatever reason.

I guess what I am saying is that you can look at CU as club of sorts, but by doing so you ignore the fact that we carry on that club's business on a stage before an unknown number of readers. You may be here to deride Liberals (one of my favorite hobbies) and that's cool, but I guess the question you are asking in a way is "Why is CU here?" I would like to think that it's purpose is a little loftier than derision.

No. I'm asking why some people think they can have discussions with moonbats.

It is akin to trying to teach computational linguistics to my golden retriever.

m00
11-02-2010, 06:17 PM
"Why is CU here?" I would like to think that it's purpose is a little loftier than derision.

CU is a social club, centered around politics. Like any social club it has rules. I don't think liberal v conservative is a particularly meaningful label... I think of it as "plays well with others" v "does not play well with others." In my 15 years experience of posting on the internet :p, for whatever reasons, people who self-identify as conservatives are better at playing well with others. It might be a signal to noise ratio... there are plenty of level headed liberals and nutty conservatives. But there are way, way, way more nutty liberals on internet political message-boards. Maybe there's just more liberals who post on political boards in general, who knows. Just my observation.

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Where is Dozey, he hates liberals, I want to hear his opinion!:confused::D

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
No. I'm asking why some people think they can have discussions with moonbats.

It is akin to trying to teach computational linguistics to my golden retriever.

"The skillful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man." ~ Sun Tzu

BadCat
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
"The skillful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man." ~ Sun Tzu

You can hire all the stupid people you want, I never do.

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
There is nothing wrong with putting them to work making fries, but paying their welfare and allowing them to vote is a problem.

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
You can hire all the stupid people you want, I never do.

OK.

malloc
11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't think Tzu meant employ as in hire, I think he meant employ as in 'put to effective use'. Of course I could be missing some subtle word play going on....

BadCat
11-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think Tzu meant employ as in hire, I think he meant employ as in 'put to effective use'. Of course I could be missing some subtle word play going on....

The only effective use for liberals is as fertilizer.

malloc
11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
The only effective use for liberals is as fertilizer.

They are also useful as props for teaching what not to do. If you catch one in a group of mostly non-political friends, a friendly discussion can turn into a new group of mostly conservatives with a democrat stooge in-tow.

BTW: That's how I went from non-political to libertarian conservative.

Troll
11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm interested in anything that makes me look and feel smarter.

Seriously, any left-winger that wants an honest discussion is welcome, as far as I'm concerned. I don't pretend to know everything or that my political philosophy is perfect.

It took a lot of talking, but I was eventually cured of my liberalism, so I have to assume that any other person can be. The way I look at it, liberals who show up on right wing forums and talk shows are in the cry-for-help phase, the way I was in 2001. I'm more than happy to help when and where I can.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
They are also useful as props for teaching what not to do. If you catch one in a group of mostly non-political friends, a friendly discussion can turn into a new group of mostly conservatives with a democrat stooge in-tow.

BTW: That's how I went from non-political to libertarian conservative.

Yes, but in the meantime, some of them vote and screw up the country - like we have now.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm interested in anything that makes me look and feel smarter.

Seriously, any left-winger that wants an honest discussion is welcome, as far as I'm concerned. I don't pretend to know everything or that my political philosophy is perfect.

It took a lot of talking, but I was eventually cured of my liberalism, so I have to assume that any other person can be. The way I look at it, liberals who show up on right wing forums and talk shows are in the cry-for-help phase, the way I was in 2001. I'm more than happy to help when and where I can.

Yeah, but you're talking about somewhat rational people.
I'm talking about raving moonbats, like we usually get here.

patriot45
11-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but you're talking about somewhat rational people.
I'm talking about raving moonbats, like we usually get here.

The raving moonbats have no cure. A twelve step program off an eleven step cliff would be a start!

malloc
11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
A twelve step program off an eleven step cliff would be a start!

I like that one!

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM

You are not.

Duzey
11-02-2010, 06:58 PM

Anyone care to opine?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I find it interesting that many people hate others, but don't stop to think about the problems this causes to themselves.

I try not to fall into the Trap of Hating other people, but to Hate the Evil things others choose to do instead.

Of course when it comes to Public officials who are choosing to do Evil, they need to be removed from Public office before destroying any Nation they are in office for.

For if Evil people are left in office they will destroy the Community and Nation they are in.

I also believe in giving everyone the chance to become a better person.

If we find another person doing wrong, it is our God given duty to inform this person of the crime they are committing and give them the chance to make corrections.

If they are then unwilling to change and do right, it is our duty to see them removed from any position allowing them to harm others.

After all which of us has ---Never--- made a poor choice?

Don't we want a second chance if we have fallen off the right path into darkness and someone comes along with a flashlight showing us the error of our ways?

Duzey

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Thank you Duzy, thank you for giving me that chance!
Are you giving Hamps a chance too?:confused:

AmPat
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't mind, due to the public nature of the postings perhaps a few of the little brains will begin to expand and realize they know little about their world. If they don't answer direct questions it frustrates me to the point that I want them gone.

malloc
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm normally not a grammar Nazi by any means, but this is grinding on my nerves.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

The above line is not needed, the forum software will provide a quote box.

I find it interesting that many people hate others, but don't stop to think about the problems this causes to themselves.

I try not to fall into the Trap of Hating other people, but to Hate the Evil things others choose to do instead.

Neither "trap of hating" nor "hate the evil" are proper nouns, if you want emphasis use bolded text, italics, or maybe all caps.

Of course when it comes to Public officials who are choosing to do Evil, they need to be removed from Public office before destroying any Nation they are in office for.

Public is only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence or when used as a proper noun (i.e. Houston Public), same goes for evil. Apply these comments to the rest of the post. We all make these mistakes occasionally, but it looks like you are doing it on purpose to be artsy or something. Thank you for your cooperation.

For if Evil people are left in office they will destroy the Community and Nation they are in.

If we find another person doing wrong, it is our God given duty to inform this person of the crime they are committing and give them the chance to make corrections.

If they are then unwilling to change and do right, it is our duty to see them removed from any position allowing them to harm others.

Don't we want a second chance if we have fallen off the right path into darkness and someone comes along with a flashlight showing us the error of our ways?

Duzey

I now end my hijack and return this thread to it's regularly scheduled programming.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Duzey

WTF?

Lager
11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I think it's interesting to hear the opposing views on politics and issues. Some libs, such as eyelids and Satanicus do tend to get annoying, but some like Arroyo, present their opinions in a general civil way. Even CW, when he wasn't letting his rage get out of control, had some humor and interesting opinions.

Duzey
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Matthew 6:12 (New King James Version)
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.

I must forgive if I expect my Creator God to forgive me of my Sins.

I would be a Hyprocrite if I didn't!

Now do you see why I don't have much use for "Organized Religion", which the preachers for some reason don't seem to get this message across to their members.

Duzey

hampshirebrit
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
WTF?

That's Duzey. See post #9, para 6.

hampshirebrit
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I would be a Hyprocrite if I didn't!

Blessed be the hypocrite, as well as he who does not un-needfully capitalise the word.

At least you spelt it correctly.

That is, in itself, evidence that minor miracles can and occasionally do occur.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
That's Duzey. See post #9, para 6.

That is a very appropriate moniker for that one.

hampshirebrit
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
That is a very appropriate moniker for that one.

Duzey claims that he is a conservative; personally, I'm not convinced.

BadCat
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Duzey claims that he is a conservative; personally, I'm not convinced.

That just goes to show that I'm not real interested in discussions with some "conservatives" either.

Duzey
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Blessed be the hypocrite, as well as he who does not un-needfully capitalise the word.

At least you spelt it correctly.

That is, in itself, evidence that minor miracles can and occasionally do occur.
__________________________________________________ ________________

HYPOCRISY; HYPROCRITE
hi-pok'-ri-si, hip'-o-krit (choneph, chaneph; hupokrisis, hupokrites): (1) "Hypocrisy" occurs only once in the Old Testament as the translation of choneph (Isa 32:6, the Revised Version (British and A

BadCat
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
__________________________________________________ ________________

HYPOCRISY; HYPROCRITE
hi-pok'-ri-si, hip'-o-krit (choneph, chaneph; hupokrisis, hupokrites): (1) "Hypocrisy" occurs only once in the Old Testament as the translation of choneph (Isa 32:6, the Revised Version (British and A

Ok, so you have a link to bible-history.com.

What the heck are you talking about?

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Dozey is fascinating!

Duzey
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, so you have a link to bible-history.com.

What the heck are you talking about?

Why are you asking me?

I thought ---YOU--- were the Super Moderator?

Duzey

AmPat
11-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Lay off of Dizzy, He's "sensitive."
http://i55.tinypic.com/28iu4ie.jpg

hampshirebrit
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Dozey is fascinating!

He can't spell for shit though, even when attempting to make a point about spelling:

HYPROCRITE

BadCat
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Why are you asking me?

I thought ---YOU--- were the Super Moderator?

Duzey

Wanna find out?

AmPat
11-02-2010, 08:38 PM
He can't spell for shit though, even when attempting to make a point about spelling:

Common, he's from "Goergia."

Duzey
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Wanna find out?
__________________________________________________ ___________

Anybody can destory, Muder, put down, block, even Ban someone from a forum when they have the ability to push the button.

But it takes a Real Man or Woman to admit when they have been had and put up with it without throwing a Sissy fit.

Duzey

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Anybody can destory, Muder, put down, block, even Ban someone from a forum when they have the ability to push the button.

But it takes a Real Man or Woman to admit when they have been had and put up with it without throwing a Sissy fit.

Duzey

You're the man Duzey.:cool:

AmPat
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM

Duzey
What iS It wItH tHe StrAy CApitaliZatioNs?:eek:

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Duzey

Chill out, man. I think this is a valuable thread and I would hate to see it relegated to the Thunder Dome. Surely you can offer your criticism thoughtfully and actually practice what you preach?

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I made you an avatar Duzey.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/218488gCKU7DZe.jpg?t=1288749057

Duzey
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
What iS It wItH tHe StrAy CApitaliZatioNs?:eek:
__________________________________________________ __________________________

WILBUR: "I'm so smrt, logic and common sense doesn't apply to me."

When someone is so smrt, sometimes it takes something different to get their attention.

Then maybe they can find some Common Sense in between their ears, which they lost along the way?

Duzey

Articulate_Ape
11-02-2010, 08:54 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/218488gCKU7DZe.jpg?t=1288749057

HAHAHAHA! :D

Duzey
11-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Thanks, but I got a better one , but this site wants it sized down.

I am not convinced yet it is worth my while to go to that effort.

Duzey

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 08:56 PM

When someone is so smrt, sometimes it takes something different to get their attention.

Then maybe they can find some Common Sense in between their ears, which they lost along the way?

Duzey

Wow, you're like a sig line vending machine!

Articulate_Ape

Duzey

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/WOWIDEAS.jpg

Rockntractor

Thanks, but I got a better one , but this site wants it sized down.

I am not convinced yet it is worth my while to go to that effort.

Duzey

This one is already sized and ready to go!

AmPat
11-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Duzey

I see. May I suggest the Bold, Italics, and underline feature? Of course you are free to post wITh ThE RANdOm caPS if YOu chOOse. :)

wilbur
11-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Huh? What's all this about? Havent even posted in this thread till now

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Huh? What's all this about? Havent even posted in this thread till now

You made a big impression on Duzey!:D

wilbur
11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
You made a big impression on Duzey!:D

Though I guess not enough for him to reply to my posts in the threads he started, which he claims were there for actual discussion... oh well.

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Though I guess not enough for him to reply to my posts in the threads he started, which he claims were there for actual discussion... oh well.

Don't forget to read his rules for replying to his posts, I think they are in his welcome thread.

Odysseus
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM

I agree. As I've said before, I regard liberals who post here the way that our cats see their scratching post, as a means of sharpening my tools. The libs who post here tend to see it the way that our cats see their catbox, as a place to dump ideas that would stink up other forums. But, that's okay with me. Wei, KS, Arroyo and Wilbur give us critical insights into what passes for thought on the left, and as long as they obey the rules here, they should not be banned. The DUmmies deny themselves, not just the practical experience that comes from defending your ideas against real dissent, but also the sheer fun of debating ideas with people who can think for themselves. They do this out of fear, because at some level, they know that their ideas are indefensible, and so they hide in their own little world. Remember that the Berlin Wall was not a symbol of strength, but an expression of fear and weakness.

patriot45
11-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Don't forget to read his rules for replying to his posts, I think they are in his welcome thread.

Haha! Snort! :D

Gingersnap
11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I'm interested in what left-of-center people post and what they say. Leaving aside the trolls, I'm interested in their positions and justifications.

CU has had some notable conversions from knee-jerk Left to more thoughtful positions in some members because of the debate here. I originally came here because it was a debate board. I've seen CU go through "purity periods" and it was always freaking boring.

Molon Labe
11-03-2010, 11:08 AM

You have to debate the oposition. It's the only way to show how wrong they are.

Satanicus was fun. He wasn't going to change, but it was fun shoving the truth in his face. Threads with ownage for everyone to see.

AmPat
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Blame me Wilbur. I triggered him and he's using my sig.:cool:

noonwitch
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree. As I've said before, I regard liberals who post here the way that our cats see their scratching post, as a means of sharpening my tools. The libs who post here tend to see it the way that our cats see their catbox, as a place to dump ideas that would stink up other forums. But, that's okay with me. Wei, KS, Arroyo and Wilbur give us critical insights into what passes for thought on the left, and as long as they obey the rules here, they should not be banned. The DUmmies deny themselves, not just the practical experience that comes from defending your ideas against real dissent, but also the sheer fun of debating ideas with people who can think for themselves. They do this out of fear, because at some level, they know that their ideas are indefensible, and so they hide in their own little world. Remember that the Berlin Wall was not a symbol of strength, but an expression of fear and weakness.

I used to post at DU, but their inability to accept individual thinking annoys the crap out of me. They have their list of criteria about what makes a liberal, and anyone who expresses any opinion that is different from that is tombstoned.

Before I discovered DU, I used to think being a liberal meant being tolerant of others, accepting that this is a country made up of people with lots of different beliefs and political ideas, and appreciating people for those differences instead of hating them. It still means that for me, though.

Hawkgirl
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I am not interested at all...not even in real life. The few times I've engaged in discussion with liberals, it ended badly, with him poking me and yelling at me.

I've met few liberals that actually remained normal during a discussion or debate.

Hawkgirl
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM

+1

I got kicked out of a Conservative forum because I challenged their token liberal too much. :) You know what I'm talking about...

Hawkgirl
11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I will say I like Noonwitch. She's about the only liberal that I've found to be levelheaded.

Wei Wu Wei
11-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Before I discovered DU, I used to think being a liberal meant being tolerant of others, accepting that this is a country made up of people with lots of different beliefs and political ideas, and appreciating people for those differences instead of hating them.

That's not being a liberal, that's just being a decent, non-sociopathic human being.

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
That's not being a liberal, that's just being a decent, non-sociopathic human being.

You have a rather broad description of a sociopath.

Molon Labe
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I am not interested at all...not even in real life. The few times I've engaged in discussion with liberals, it ended badly, with him poking me and yelling at me.
I've met few liberals that actually remained normal during a discussion or debate.

THATS the kind you berate and mock and bascially treat like a 6 year old kid.

Odysseus
11-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I used to post at DU, but their inability to accept individual thinking annoys the crap out of me. They have their list of criteria about what makes a liberal, and anyone who expresses any opinion that is different from that is tombstoned.

Before I discovered DU, I used to think being a liberal meant being tolerant of others, accepting that this is a country made up of people with lots of different beliefs and political ideas, and appreciating people for those differences instead of hating them. It still means that for me, though.
I discovered CU because I posted at DU and got tombstoned. I was writing from Iraq and took issue with Cindy Sheehan, and had a rollicking debate with a couple of the less psychotic DUmmies, until the mods banned me and wiped out everything that I'd written, which left a thread in which DUmmies were left writing obscenities about a phantom. It was actually very funny.

Very few male liberals shout in my face or make physical contact, unless they are in a group and think that they can get away with it, but I've had a few female liberals go completely bats at me, because they know that no matter what the provocation, I won't do anything to hurt them. Liberals are bullies at heart. They get off on feeling superior to everyone else, and if they are challenged on it, they either slink away or go nuts, depending on whether they think that they can do it with impunity.

You're right. Being a decent, non-sociopathic human being is definitely not being a liberal.