PDA

View Full Version : America has a National Religion ---#1

Duzey
11-03-2010, 05:05 PM
---------------------------We the People------------------------

---------------America has a National Religion! ------- #1

America has had a State Sponsored National Religion for several Decades!

This National Religion has had the full weight of the Government and the Laws and Courts backing it for over 75 years.
The first Amendment plainly states that--- “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion” —US Constitution----
Harvard Human Rights Journal states that Religion is ---“A Way of Life, A Belief”---
Wikipedia encyclopedia states that --- "Religion is sometimes used interchangeably with faith or belief system”---
Clearly the First Amendment was enacted to Stop the Government from Forcing anyone’s Faith or Belief system on everyone else..
This National Religion has been forced on all of Society starting with our kids in the National Schools.
This National Religion is backed by the full weight of the Government by law.

This National Religion has been forced upon Schools, Courthouses and Statehouses and has affected the Lives of every American.

What is this Government sponsored National Religion?

It is the Anti-Creator False Religion of Evolution.

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their ---Creator,---- --The Declaration of Independence--
Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,…. —US Constitution----
Our Government has forced the teachings of this False Religion on every American.
Our Government has forced all Creator based teachings from all Schools, Courts and Statehouses.
Liberal Legislatures and Judges have passed Unconstitutional Laws replacing a Creator based Constitution with the National Religion of Evolution.
This violates the Constitution. We cannot continue to allow these Anti-God Liberals to take away our God given Freedoms, Rights and Liberties.
Make no mistake about it the Purpose of this False Religion of Evolution is to Destroy our Constitution and to ---“Fundamentally change America”---!
Enough is enough; we must use the Constitution and Stop this Anti-God National Religion being forced upon Americans by our Government!
Another article by --- Duzey

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Americas national religion is sex and if you will excuse me I have services to attend!

megimoo
11-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Americas national religion is sex and if you will excuse me I have services to attend!solo ?

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
solo ?

No I'm married.:D

Constitutionally Speaking
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Duzy actually has a point.

Secular Humanism IS being taught in our schools.

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM

He is right but he is kind of preaching to the choir, he hasn't bothered to take the time to find out what most of us believe.

11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
He is right but he is kind of preaching to the choir, he hasn't bothered to take the time to find out what most of us believe.

Yeah, I know. I have talked to him about it. I hope he gets the message.

wilbur
11-03-2010, 07:23 PM

Schools are certainly secular (or are supposed to be, at any rate). That's not the same as secular humanism.

And besides, what's your alternative to secularism? Alter public school curriculum to be based on Christian theology?

linda22003
11-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Evolution? Seriously?

http://images.myspace.drewpydraws.com/NotThisShitAgain.jpg

Articulate_Ape
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Schools are certainly secular (or are supposed to be, at any rate).

Define secular, Wilbur, given the as yet inexplicable realms of science.

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Schools are certainly secular (or are supposed to be, at any rate). That's not the same as secular humanism.

And besides, what's your alternative to secularism? Alter public school curriculum to be based on Christian theology?
Argue with Duzey, he made the claim and it would be much more entertaining.

Rockntractor
11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
By the way Mr. Duzey, from where or what do you derive your username?
Please explain.

wilbur
11-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Define secular, Wilbur, given the as yet inexplicable realms of science.

Secular just means 'apart from religion'... meaning things that are secular have no religious context

And I have no idea what you mean when you say, "given the as yet inexplicable realms of science".

MrsSmith
11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Secular just means 'apart from religion'... meaning things that are secular have no religious context

And I have no idea what you mean when you say, "given the as yet inexplicable realms of science".

As a Federal court has recognized atheism as being a belief system and therefore a religion, deserving of the same protections and limitations, so it is unconstitutional to teach any secular beliefs in school.

wilbur
11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
As a Federal court has recognized atheism as being a belief system and therefore a religion, deserving of the same protections and limitations, it is unconstitutional to teach any secular beliefs in school.

Secularism is not atheism.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God, or the belief that no God's exist. And schools don't teach that.

Secular means lack of religious context.

Maybe you have a theological belief that math works because God created it, or because it embodies the characteristics of His logical being, or some such thing. However, you can teach math wholly apart from that theological context. That would be teaching math in a secular way. See?

The difference makes a difference....

Duzey
11-03-2010, 08:27 PM
By the way Mr. Duzey, from where or what do you derive your username?
Please explain.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Life is what we make of it and I like to have a Duzey of a time!

Duzey

Odysseus
11-03-2010, 11:46 PM
No I'm married.:D
That doesn't preclude solo worship.

You do raise an interesting point, though. Does this mean that you're applying for a tax exemption for your home on the grounds that it's a house of worship? :D

Who says that schools are "supposed to be" secular? The rise of public schools in America was meant to inculcate Protestant ethics after a wave of Catholic immigration made our elites nervous. It's only in the last few decades that the courts have decided that any expression of belief offends the Constitution (in direct contravention of the intent of the First Amendment, which prohibits only the establishment of a national religion, or interference with religious practice).

11-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Secularism is not atheism.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God, or the belief that no God's exist. And schools don't teach that.

Secular means lack of religious context.

Maybe you have a theological belief that math works because God created it, or because it embodies the characteristics of His logical being, or some such thing. However, you can teach math wholly apart from that theological context. That would be teaching math in a secular way. See?

The difference makes a difference....

Go look up the tenets of the RELIGION of secular Humanism. Our schools teach EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Secular Humanism IS atheistic.

Sonnabend
11-04-2010, 04:54 AM
The use of comments in the subject line makes him a DUmmie.

wilbur
11-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Who says that schools are "supposed to be" secular? The rise of public schools in America was meant to inculcate Protestant ethics after a wave of Catholic immigration made our elites nervous.

People like Thomas Jefferson had been fighting for free public secular education since the founding of the republic. But that's cool... public schools should be used as a tool to de-brainwash mind numbed Catholics so that they become Protestants.

It's only in the last few decades that the courts have decided that any expression of belief offends the Constitution (in direct contravention of the intent of the First Amendment, which prohibits only the establishment of a national religion, or interference with religious practice).

Well gee... that says it all right there doesn't it? Or are you one of those crazies who can't seem to understand that teachers, who are in a position of authority in an institution that kids are required to attend, preaching their religious beliefs at their often unwilling audience members is interfering with religious practice?

wilbur
11-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Go look up the tenets of the RELIGION of secular Humanism. Our schools teach EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Well, what is an example of a tenet of secular humanism that gets taught in our schools?

And btw, both you and Mrs Smith aren't really getting how the courts have ruled on the issue. Secular Humanism is not considered a religion under the law.

Various organizations centered around secular humanism have modeled themselves after churches... they behave and act like churches. So courts have ruled that their specific practices are religious, and that they can be tax exempt. But the philosophy of secular humanism is not considered religious.

Odysseus
11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
People like Thomas Jefferson had been fighting for free public secular education since the founding of the republic. But that's cool... public schools should be used as a tool to de-brainwash mind numbed Catholics so that they become Protestants.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, probably because even when you are being serious, you take absurd positions. A government that feels that it has the right to eliminate Catholic thought would have no problem eliminating any other kind of thought. I would prefer that, if we are to have public schools, that they inculcate civic virtues, such as respect for the founders and the principles of the Constitution. A state-run indoctrination ought to at least produce good citizens.

Well gee... that says it all right there doesn't it? Or are you one of those crazies who can't seem to understand that teachers, who are in a position of authority in an institution that kids are required to attend, preaching their religious beliefs at their often unwilling audience members is interfering with religious practice?
No, I'm one of those crazies who thinks that schools ought to be privatized to the greatest extent possible, so that parents can decide what kind of education they want for their kids. Free public (i.e., state-controlled) education) indoctination is what you get when you entrust your kid's mind to a bureaucratic agency that is more concerned with the perks of public employment than they are with education.

And no, I am not advocating that teachers impose their religious beliefs on students. What I do have a problem with is when religious groups are treated like pariahs. Why, for example, is it okay for the GLBT Students Association to use a classroom for meetings, but not the Bible Study Club?

Well, what is an example of a tenet of secular humanism that gets taught in our schools?

[QUOTE=wilbur;331546]And btw, both you and Mrs Smith aren't really getting how the courts have ruled on the issue. Secular Humanism is not considered a religion under the law.

Various organizations centered around secular humanism have modeled themselves after churches... they behave and act like churches. So courts have ruled that their specific practices are religious, and that they can be tax exempt. But the philosophy of secular humanism is not considered religious.

No, it's more of a cult.

wilbur
11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I can't tell if you're serious or not, probably because even when you are being serious, you take absurd positions. A government that feels that it has the right to eliminate Catholic thought would have no problem eliminating any other kind of thought. I would prefer that, if we are to have public schools, that they inculcate civic virtues, such as respect for the founders and the principles of the Constitution. A state-run indoctrination ought to at least produce good citizens.

Ok, so then you are basically saying schools should be secular.....

No, I'm one of those crazies who thinks that schools ought to be privatized to the greatest extent possible, so that parents can decide what kind of education they want for their kids.

Hail Private Business, Full of Grace, Mother of God, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst institutions, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Shareholders. Holy Private Business, Mother of God, save us from the evil government, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :D

Free public (i.e., state-controlled) education) indoctination is what you get when you entrust your kid's mind to a bureaucratic agency that is more concerned with the perks of public employment than they are with education.

Oh I'm open to revamping the education system... it needs it, badly. But regardless how we do that, we still have an overriding interest in making sure there is accessible, secular education for anyone who desires it.

And no, I am not advocating that teachers impose their religious beliefs on students.

Well, then you are advocating that schools remain secular, because imposing religious beliefs in the classroom is exactly what you get without secularism.

What I do have a problem with is when religious groups are treated like pariahs. Why, for example, is it okay for the GLBT Students Association to use a classroom for meetings, but not the Bible Study Club?

That's simply not the case. The supreme court says so. I'm sure you'll begin a mad scramble for internet news articles of a few anecdotes about Bible clubs being unfairly restricted. And you'll be able to find a few... but what you aren't going to find are any articles about the thousands of Bible groups that use school facilities without incident, all the time.

No, it's more of a cult.

I'm not even convinced you know what it is. Its probably just another vague term floating around in the left-wing melting pot in your mind, where there are no more distinctions between things... the place where communism, fascism, Marxism, atheism, homosexuality, and liberalism are all synonyms.

noonwitch
11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
The only people who use the term "secular humanism" are conservative christians. That's probably who invented the term.

What we all argue about, regarding religion and public schools, is how much religion should be allowed on the premesis, and who is allowed to initiate religious expressions in a public school.

There are people on both sides who take it all to extremes. There are teachers who discipline students for mentioning their religious beliefs. There are students/parents who are obnoxious about their religious beliefs, and disrupt the school's routine.

Although, when it comes to the teaching of evolution, public schools have to take the side of real science, not religion. Some teachers get stupid about this, and try to punish students who reject the theory of evolution as a personal belief. Some parents get equally stupid and encourage their kids to wage a battle against a teacher who teaches evolution as scientific theory and does not present creationism on equal terms. But the kid is only required to learn about it, no one can force him to believe it.

But I've heard of cases in which a student wrote a paper on the topic of what he did last summer, wrote about going to church camp and having a born again experience, then being punished for writing about it. Any teacher that punishes a student for something like that is an idiot. The paper should be graded on grammar, spelling and how true to the assignment it is.

wilbur
11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The only people who use the term "secular humanism" are conservative christians. That's probably who invented the term.

What we all argue about, regarding religion and public schools, is how much religion should be allowed on the premesis, and who is allowed to initiate religious expressions in a public school.

There are people on both sides who take it all to extremes. There are teachers who discipline students for mentioning their religious beliefs. There are students/parents who are obnoxious about their religious beliefs, and disrupt the school's routine.

Although, when it comes to the teaching of evolution, public schools have to take the side of real science, not religion. Some teachers get stupid about this, and try to punish students who reject the theory of evolution as a personal belief. Some parents get equally stupid and encourage their kids to wage a battle against a teacher who teaches evolution as scientific theory and does not present creationism on equal terms. But the kid is only required to learn about it, no one can force him to believe it.

But I've heard of cases in which a student wrote a paper on the topic of what he did last summer, wrote about going to church camp and having a born again experience, then being punished for writing about it. Any teacher that punishes a student for something like that is an idiot. The paper should be graded on grammar, spelling and how true to the assignment it is.

Damn it things are starting to escalate! Stop throwing water on the fire!

CueSi
11-04-2010, 05:42 PM

My god. A liberal. That's reasonable. . .are you sure you don't belong in like an exhibit of things that don't exist?
:p j/k

~QC