PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cantor lays out 22-page game plan

Gingersnap
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Eric Cantor lays out 22-page game plan

http://i53.tinypic.com/33za89z.jpg
House Minority Whip Eric Cantor of Va., left, and House speaker-in-waiting Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, talk about Tuesday's elections, Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2010, on Capitol Hill in Washington. | AP Photo

By JAKE SHERMAN | 11/3/10 11:37 AM EDT

Virginia Republican Eric Cantor’s official announcement of his run for House majority leader came with a twist: a 22-page game plan on how to change Congress.

Cantor, currently the GOP whip, began calling colleagues to shore up his support and wrote a letter promising to change Congress – saying he wants to “drain the swamp rather than learning to swim with the alligators.”

The document is entitled “Delivering on Our Commitment” and promises a broad range of sweeping initiatives ranging from spending cuts to to bringing each item of the Pledge to America to the floor for a vote. It’s a bold plan that shows Cantor wants to be taken as a serious House reformer and policy leader as he ascends to the no. 2 slot in the new GOP hierarchy.

Cantor is not expected to face serious challenge from fellow Republicans for majority leader.

One major reform he’s facing is scheduling the House floor, which POLITICO reported last week. Cantor is proposing committee hearings be uninterrupted by votes, and is also urging committee reports to be brought to the floor for debate.

Cantor says he wants to do away with legislation recognizing “individuals, groups, events and institutions.” In the past, Congresses in the past have passed legislation that honors entities such as baseball teams and universities. Republicans, the Virginian thinks, should only name post offices once a month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44641.html#ixzz14KVKCUqa

noonwitch
11-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I think Cantor wants to be SOH more than Boehner.

As far as looks go, I'd rather see Cantor on the evening news than Boehner. He's easy on the eyes.

CueSi
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM

As far as looks go, I'd rather see Cantor on the evening news than Boehner. He's easy on the eyes.

I want the Jooooooo!!!

Mostly because of YouCut. :D

Give us the Joooooooo!!

~QC

Bubba Dawg
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM

You think he's hawt!!!!!:D

Gingersnap
11-05-2010, 08:41 AM

If they are equally good and one is hawt, we want the hawt one. It will take years of video therapy to erase the Pelosi images from our minds..

warpig
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
It is not enough to lay out a plan, it need to be implemented.

Bubba Dawg
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
If they are equally good and one is hawt, we want the hawt one. It will take years of video therapy to erase the Pelosi images from our minds..

Well, okay. Maybe Boehner will give him some tanning tips.

Pelosi. Yeech.

Teddy Kennedy
11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Anyone of them is better than Nancy the Pelosi. But I prefer Boehner.

Rockntractor
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone of them is better than Nancy the Pelosi. But I prefer Boehner.

Just as long as you don't say a Boehner!

Teddy Kennedy
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Just as long as you don't say a Boehner!

Not gonna happen.

fettpett
11-05-2010, 08:14 PM

what do you expect from a red head?