PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Council Votes to Ban "Happy Meal"

Beefeater
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
This in a city that promotes a parade where the queer boys lead each other around by their genitals with cock rings and chains and self described "queer married" couples bring their adopted kids to witness the spectacle.

But a Buzz Lightyear toy with a cheeseburger is going to bring about the end of civilization.

*smh*

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4600197

KansDem (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-04-10 10:38 AM
Original message
San Francisco Council Votes to Ban "Happy Meal"

Source: Democracy Now

And San Francisco is poised to become the first city to ban the high-calorie children’s "Happy Meal" served at the McDonald’s fast-food chain. The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has voted to bar restaurants from giving toys with meals containing excessive fat and sugar. Under the rule, restaurants would also have to serve fruits and vegetables alongside any meals with toys. The measure awaits a full vote next week. It would go into effect as early as December 2011.

Rockntractor
11-04-2010, 11:41 AM
That is so sad.:(

NJCardFan
11-04-2010, 11:49 AM
This in a city that promotes a parade where the queer boys lead each other around by their genitals with cock rings and chains and self described "queer married" couples bring their adopted kids to witness the spectacle.

But a Buzz Lightyear toy with a cheeseburger is going to bring about the end of civilization.

*smh*

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4600197

Quoted for motherfucking truth.

Gingersnap
11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
6. How does this "ban the Happy meal"?

Edited on Thu Nov-04-10 10:59 AM by hughee99
I'm not in SF, but last time I got my daughter a happy meal, she had a choice of french fries or apple slices. In SF, they just won't give you the choice (or they'll raise the price and give you both). The problem with unhealthy food isn't that you need to bribe people to eat it. Far too many people PREFER it. You're bribing them to eat YOUR unhealthy food instead of someone else's.

Yes, but I'm sure they feel like they've done something good.

Bingo. Children don't want to eat hamburgers and french fries to get a toy. They just want to eat hamburgers and french fries. In SF, the city council just wants to make sure that hamburger-eating children, particularly the few black hamburger-eating children, don't also get a toy.

CueSi
11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Bingo. Children don't want to eat hamburgers and french fries to get a toy. They just want to eat hamburgers and french fries. In SF, the city council just wants to make sure that hamburger-eating children, particularly the few black hamburger-eating children, don't also get a toy.

And for some of those kids, THAT'S THE ONLY TOYS THEY GET! No, I am not kidding. So this measure is kinda classist too.

~QC

noonwitch
11-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Maybe they should switch to giving away sex toys with Happy Meals in San Francisco. Then, any attempt to ban them would be a hate crime against people whose sexual preference is machinery.

Rockntractor
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe they should switch to giving away sex toys with Happy Meals in San Francisco. Then, any attempt to ban them would be a hate crime against people whose sexual preference is machinery.

A sloppy meal?:confused:

hoplophobe
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Instead of a "Happy" meal you can call it, I do not know...maybe a "Gay" Meal?:D

Calypso Jones
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
sorry. I think i was suffering from a little post election detox.

PoliCon
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM

lol YOU have a twisted mind! :D

movie buff
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
You know what's funny?
Ten years ago, when all the lawsuits were being filed against the tobacco companies, I remember my family talking about it, and what would be next. My dad said they'd go after alcohol next, but then I laughingly said, "No, no, wait, wait: Next, they're probably going to sue McDonald's for making people fat!"
If I only knew how true that joking prediction would turn out to be.

PoliCon
11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
When will America learn and just accept that progressives know better than we do how we should live our lives - what we should eat and not be allowed to eat - where we should go and how we should get there - etc - etc - etc?

Lager
11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
urgk (888 posts) Thu Nov-04-10 03:24 PM
Response to Reply #16 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4600197#4600267)21. When childhood obesity is epidemic...it's crystal clear parents aren't doing their jobs. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifAnd it is the government's job to make sure that its non-adult citizens get its protection when parents refuse.

Wow, what a fanatical apprentice fascist this clown is. All in the guise of concern for the children. What're the odds this goon suffers from obesity and blames it on someone or something besides itself? There're quite a few of it's sputterings along these lines. The name is appropriate: Urgkkkkk!!!

Milly
11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
One item is ALWAYS left out of this discussion by progressives - it's not only what kids eat it's also how much they exercise.

I was lucky enough to be born when it was safe to be a 'free-range' child. You went out to play in the morning, dropped home for lunch and dinner but weren't expected to be in the house much until the street lights came on. We ate lots of food, junk and otherwise, and very few of us were heavy or unhealthy.

Thanks to our compassionate progressives, it's no longer safe to let your kids out of your sight since the predators' rights are more important than the kids' are.

Gingersnap
11-04-2010, 07:11 PM
One item is ALWAYS left out of this discussion by progressives - it's not only what kids eat it's also how much they exercise.

I was lucky enough to be born when it was safe to be a 'free-range' child. You went out to play in the morning, dropped home for lunch and dinner but weren't expected to be in the house much until the street lights came on. We ate lots of food, junk and otherwise, and very few of us were heavy or unhealthy.

Thanks to our compassionate progressives, it's no longer safe to let your kids out of your sight since the predators' rights are more important than the kids' are.

Actually, I think the kids are more at risk from sex predators in the schools than on streets. The perception of danger, though, does drive the urge to cocoon kids indoors constantly. In addition, I'm sure that it's what the kid eats at home that's really important, not the occasional fast food meal.

Dollars to donuts these kids are eating a lot of donuts. :(

Adam Wood
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Thanks to our compassionate progressives, it's no longer safe to let your kids out of your sight since the predators' rights are more important than the kids' are.They also didn't wrap you in bubble-wrap and strap fifteen pieces of hard plastic onto your body before you could go out and ride your bike. The safety police have as much blame here as the sexual predators emboldened by the Leftists supporting NAMBLA and the like. Who wants to go through having to dress up like they're going into Raymond James Stadium just to pedal their bikes around the neighborhood and spend some time with their friends? Hell of a lot easier to play Nintendo in the basement instead.

When I (and I suspect you) was a kid, kids got bumps and scrapes and bruises and that was part of growing up. We were allowed to get dirty, greatly boosting our immune systems later in life. We got strong without having to go to a gym to work out. We got splinters. We sometimes fell and broke a bone. We competed, usually pretty fiercely, with our peers. We got into fights, and fights actually solved things. Bullies got their noses bloodied eventually by someone and that person stopped being a bully after that. And when we got a scrape or a bruise or a black eye or a bloody nose, we got an all-healing kiss on the boo-boo from Mom and a band-aid instead of a drawn-out lawsuit that lands people on daytime talk shows.

Milly
11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
They also didn't wrap you in bubble-wrap and strap fifteen pieces of hard plastic onto your body before you could go out and ride your bike. The safety police have as much blame here as the sexual predators emboldened by the Leftists supporting NAMBLA and the like. Who wants to go through having to dress up like they're going into Raymond James Stadium just to pedal their bikes around the neighborhood and spend some time with their friends? Hell of a lot easier to play Nintendo in the basement instead.

When I (and I suspect you) was a kid, kids got bumps and scrapes and bruises and that was part of growing up. We were allowed to get dirty, greatly boosting our immune systems later in life. We got strong without having to go to a gym to work out. We got splinters. We sometimes fell and broke a bone. We competed, usually pretty fiercely, with our peers. We got into fights, and fights actually solved things. Bullies got their noses bloodied eventually by someone and that person stopped being a bully after that. And when we got a scrape or a bruise or a black eye or a bloody nose, we got an all-healing kiss on the boo-boo from Mom and a band-aid instead of a drawn-out lawsuit that lands people on daytime talk shows.

Are you the Adam that used to live around the block from me? How ya' been?

PoliCon
11-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Actually, I think the kids are more at risk from sex predators in the schools than on streets. actually - they're more at risk at home than anywhere. I think I've shared it before - it was my boy scout master who got me and he was a close friend of the family. Most children are molested by friends of the family and relatives than by strangers. I believe that it's as high as 70% are abused by family and close friends.

I've taken this up repeatedly with elected officials though - if you want to protect kids from sexual predators - you don't let the bastards walk the streets ever again. The stupid ass clearances that I have to get as a teacher which only prove that someone has not been caught as a child molester not that the person is not a child molester are insult and unAmerican in that they assume that teachers as a class of people are guilty until we prove ourselves innocent.

Gingersnap
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
actually - they're more at risk at home than anywhere. I think I've shared it before - it was my boy scout master who got me and he was a close friend of the family. Most children are molested by friends of the family and relatives than by strangers. I believe that it's as high as 70% are abused by family and close friends.

I've taken this up repeatedly with elected officials though - if you want to protect kids from sexual predators - you don't let the bastards walk the streets ever again. The stupid ass clearances that I have to get as a teacher which only prove that someone has not been caught as a child molester not that the person is not a child molester are insult and unAmerican in that they assume that teachers as a class of people are guilty until we prove ourselves innocent.

Actually, I believe most kids are molested by their mother's lover/new husband. Teachers, clergy, and other adults in leadership roles are a slow second although teachers are numerically huge just because of the access.

PoliCon
11-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually, I believe most kids are molested by their mother's lover/new husband. Teachers, clergy, and other adults in leadership roles are a slow second although teachers are numerically huge just because of the access.
Teachers seem huge because of the press that always comes when teachers get caught.

obx
11-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Instead of a "Happy" meal you can call it, I do not know...maybe a "Gay" Meal?:D

And the S&M people could ask for a"Slappy" meal.

Pulpfishin
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
And the S&M people could ask for a"Slappy" meal.

This will probably not go over very well but here goes anyway.

Seeing as the "happy" meal is meat between two buns, they should have a lesbian version with a Taco and call it the "snatchy" meal.

I tried to warn you!

NJCardFan
11-05-2010, 11:26 AM
They also didn't wrap you in bubble-wrap and strap fifteen pieces of hard plastic onto your body before you could go out and ride your bike. The safety police have as much blame here as the sexual predators emboldened by the Leftists supporting NAMBLA and the like. Who wants to go through having to dress up like they're going into Raymond James Stadium just to pedal their bikes around the neighborhood and spend some time with their friends? Hell of a lot easier to play Nintendo in the basement instead.

Same with me. I was a latch-key kid growing up(my parents were divorced) and we would often come home to an empty house because my dad, a cop, worked shift work. We fended for ourselves quite often and none of us ended up criminals. We got hurt. Can't tell you how many bloody noses I got playing street hockey or football.

FDK
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
When will America learn and just accept that progressives know better than we do how we should live our lives - what we should eat and not be allowed to eat - where we should go and how we should get there - etc - etc - etc?

And who to vote for....

jediab
11-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Not only that, but at least when I was a kid it was before video games and hundreds of channels with nothing on them. Being stuck indoors sucked as we were always running around some place outside.