PDA

View Full Version : I was at the CQ Election Impact Forum Today, Ask Me Anything

linda22003
11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I was at the CQ/Roll Call conference today at the Reagan building, listening to lots of live punditry from David Chalian of PBS NewsHour, Norman Ornstein, Mort Kondracke, Thomas Mann, Stu Rothenberg, and the like. It was filmed for C-SPAN (I sat up straight just in case). It was great fun. There were people who Got It, people who didn't get what had just happened, and lots of "gridlock" predictions. Much better than a day in the office.

fettpett
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
thats awesome. What was the general view from the Panel on the results?

Bubba Dawg
11-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Cool. I'll try to find it online at the CSPAN site.

Gingersnap
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, tell us more!

Rockntractor
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
What are your measurements?:confused:

linda22003
11-05-2010, 09:37 AM
thats awesome. What was the general view from the Panel on the results?

General view is that Boehner and McConnell will have their hands full with the Tea Partiers; Norm Ornstein said that McConnell sees Jim DeMint as "Freddy Krueger" and now "lots of Kruegers have moved into the neighborhood."

linda22003
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Well, tell us more!

All the panelists were concerned about gridlock, and said that BOTH sides would get the animosity of the American people if they just battle each other and don't produce any results. Repeal of healthcare is a mathematical impossibility especially since the Rs didn't take the Seante too; anything the House sends to the Senate will die there, and they don't have the numbers to override an Obama veto in any case. The worst they can do is defund some of the provisions of the Act.

Stu Rothenberg was the lunch speaker; not an aficionado of Republicans in general, he paid one of them a lavish compliment. He said Haley Barbour has "the smartest political mind in the universe, let alone this planet."