PDA

View Full Version : Another loss for Obama!!!

jawilljr
11-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Despite the urging of two federal lawmakers, Olin Corp. says it is moving an ammunition plant and 1,000 jobs from Illinois to Mississippi.

The Clayton, Mo.-based Olin said Wednesday that its Winchester Centerfire Operations in East Alton will be relocated to Oxford, Miss.

Too bad Obama. (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9J9CUU00.htm)

Jerry

fettpett
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
first, why is it too bad for Obama? one he probably doesn't give a shit about anything to do with Guns, two he had direct involvement with it and probably cheers it going out of IL.

If anything it's a slap in the face to the People of IL for losing 1,000 jobs BECAUSE of Obama's policies and to Dick Durbin who couldn't keep it there even with getting the contract for them.

jawilljr
11-04-2010, 10:11 PM
...snip...

If anything it's a slap in the face to the People of IL for losing 1,000 jobs BECAUSE of Obama's policies and to Dick Durbin who couldn't keep it there even with getting the contract for them.

That's exactly what I mean. It shows what a FAILURE that he and the other Democrats are. Also East Alton, IL is going to lose a lot more than 1,000 jobs.

So too bad Obama and Illinois.

BTW I live about an hour from Oxford, MS... I just might be looking to buy some rental property down there.

Jerry

fettpett
11-04-2010, 10:30 PM
That's exactly what I mean. It shows what a FAILURE that he and the other Democrats are. Also East Alton, IL is going to lose a lot more than 1,000 jobs.

So too bad Obama and Illinois.

BTW I live about an hour from Oxford, MS... I just might be looking to buy some rental property down there.

Jerry

yeah, there are all the associated jobs that go with the ones from the plant closing...however I would be surprised if the company offered to take many of those people with them (at lest the ones they want to keep)

the rental properties are a good idea.

btw I live in a South Haven as well...just Michigan :D LOL

jawilljr
11-04-2010, 10:34 PM
...snip..

btw I live in a South Haven as well...just Michigan :D LOL

Except we spell it correctly... with one H and it is one word... :D

Jerry

Rockntractor
11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Except we spell it correctly... with one H and it is one word... :D

Jerry

Makes you wonder if they mean sout haven or south aven?:confused:

fettpett
11-04-2010, 10:42 PM

lol, yep :rolleyes::eek::D

jawilljr
11-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Yep...LOL That is funny...:D

Jerry

fettpett
11-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Yep...LOL That is funny...:D

Jerry

typical rednecks...learn to spell :D LOL ;):p

patriot45
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
first, why is it too bad for Obama? one he probably doesn't give a shit about anything to do with Guns, two he had direct involvement with it and probably cheers it going out of IL.

This is from Nealz Nuze.

There are few things that make me happier than seeing union workers fail in their efforts. While I do not like the idea of anyone losing a job, it is about time that a company showed these unions who is in charge. That leads me to this story ...

There is a plant in Metro East, Illinois owned by the Olin Corp. and it produces ammunition for firearms, along with some chemical compounds. In this economy, Olin has been trying to negotiate new contracts with its workers -- a contract that guaranteed seven years of job security in exchange for reductions in vacation time, an elimination of a matching company contribution to retirement plans and other incentives. The first time around, the union rejected the contract. So Olin tried again, explaining to the unions that if you don't agree to this, we can't afford to stay here. We will move our production elsewhere and all of you will be out of a job. The unions called BS on the company and rejected the contract again.

So what did Olin do? It announced that it was moving those 1,000 ammunition production jobs to Mississippi. They are all out of a job. Olin explains that Mississippi provides "significant incentives" to its company. Yeah ... how about the fact that it is a right to work state! Of course now employees at the plant say Olin is to blame for a situation that will result in their jobs' going to residents of a right-to-work, or nonunion, state.

Newsflash for these union employees: These jobs do not BELONG to you (the employees) or your precious union; they belong to your employer. You have absolutely nobody to blame but yourselves.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaintLouieWoman
11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
It's more of a loss for the St Louis Metro Area. It's right across the river fromt the St Louis area. This could be just the beginning of the losses. Olin has way more than just munition plants in that area.

As far as Obama, he could give a sh__ about Southern Illinois. He's all for those community organizers up in Chi town.

The union workers indeed have themselves to blame. The companies don't mess around. There's always another state more than ready to give tax concessions to gain more jobs.