PDA

View Full Version : Couple Assaulted, Denver cops looking for 6 Suspects (caught on video)

megimoo
11-05-2010, 09:51 AM
"Six Blacks On White couple..HOLDER:No Hate Crime Here !!"

Police are looking for six suspects accused of assaulting a Denver couple early Saturday morning at a Conoco station at the intersection of Alameda Avenue and South Broadway.

The couple stopped to use the restroom when they were confronted by a group of five men and a woman. The incident began when the suspects began making sexually graphic comments toward the female victim.

According to the victims, one suspect told them “we want to rape that b****,” and another said “she needs to give me some h****.” The verbal assault turned physical when the male victim asked the men to stop disrespecting his wife, Angel.
snip
“That woman attacked me from behind, grabbing my hair and then unleashing a violent attack on me, punching and kicking me until I dove down on the ground to wrap myself around her legs,” Angel told Fox31 News.

Denver Police were responding to a shooting approximately five blocks from the Broadway gas station, but the couple says it took almost 26 minutes to respond to the store employee’s and the couple’s calls for help.

"if your first line of defense is a call to the police you are a fool"
snip
“I really thought I was going to die that night,” said Angel. “I didn’t think I was ever going to see my three kids again, we just could have been shot and killed by these guys.”

Security video is available, and one of the suspects can be seen wearing a Kermit the Frog jacket.

http://www.khow.com/main.html

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-couple-assaulted-denver-cops-l-110310,0,5615520.story

Gingersnap
11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
This is a big, big story out here. Someone got one of the plate numbers but the license was stolen. People are angry because that part of Denver is loaded with criminals and because the thing was totally random. That couple just stopped to use the restroom and the wife was instantly verbally threatened with sexual assault.

People are also mad because of the police response and because nobody in the store helped the couple. As one wit pointed out in the comments, this isn't a hate crime because no known gays were involved.

Rebel Yell
11-05-2010, 10:03 AM
This is a big, big story out here. Someone got one of the plate numbers but the license was stolen. People are angry because that part of Denver is loaded with criminals and because the thing was totally random. That couple just stopped to use the restroom and the wife was instantly verbally threatened with sexual assault.

People are also mad because of the police response and because nobody in the store helped the couple. As one wit pointed out in the comments, this isn't a hate crime because no known gays were involved.

If it had been six white folks attacking that hispanic couple, it would be a hate crime.

Calypso Jones
11-05-2010, 10:09 AM
get ready for more of this.

FBIGuy
11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I would have just shot them all and afterwards taken Angel out for some ice cream.

Gingersnap
11-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I would have just shot them all and afterwards taken Angel out for some ice cream.

Interesting. :p

megimoo
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I would have just shot them all and afterwards taken Angel out for some ice cream.Two in the nuts,er, groin,.....wait for it ...then one in the head !Lets see Glock 18, good enough .

Calypso Jones
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
If the white folk had pulled out a gun and started shooting they'd be in custody awaiting tria for murdering 6 medical students with 4.0 grade point averages.

Gingersnap
11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
If the white folk had pulled out a gun and started shooting they'd be in custody awaiting tria for murdering 6 medical students with 4.0 grade point averages.

Maybe not. If they had a ccw, the cctv footage would have cleared them under the Make My Day law. Six against two would clearly fit the criteria regarding fear of being killed. Once that happens, it's over. Colorado law doesn't allow criminals to sue normal people when the normal people are acting in self-defense. :)

NJCardFan
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe not. If they had a ccw, the cctv footage would have cleared them under the Make My Day law. Six against two would clearly fit the criteria regarding fear of being killed. Once that happens, it's over. Colorado law doesn't allow criminals to sue normal people when the normal people are acting in self-defense. :)

The key here is being in fear of one's life and the whole 'totality of the circumstances' thing. It's like me using deadly force on the job. The use of deadly force is authorized if there is an imminent threat of loss of life or severe bodily injury to me or someone else. The exception being an escaping inmate. He only needs to be trying to escape to warrant being shot. 6 on 2 is good reason to be in fear of one's life.