PDA

View Full Version : Fake "Hillary Supporters" may show up at convention

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 08:41 AM
You have probably heard about those Clinton holdouts, the Clinton supporters (like me) who do not like the inexperienced Barack Obama and who are voting for John McCain. Some have organized into a group called "PUMA." Some are not affiliated but are voting for McCain anyway.

In recent weeks, it has become clear that the number of Hillary holdouts NOT voting for Obama has become large enough to cause Obama to sink in the polls. PUMA has been identified by Obama as a group to be infiltrated according to this thread at the DUmp:

1Hippiechick Donating Member (1000+ posts)
71. Obama is not stupid. I hate to sound like one of those idiotic ppl who say "I know something" but I do! And on good authority from someone who is going to be in Denver POSING as a PUMA. HRC is not going to walk out with the nomination. Put that in the bank.

And

1Hippiechick
74. No. Person is going to be pretending to be a PUMA/Hillary supporter. That's all I can say. And,
Barack is not stupid.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6676770#6680362

The strategy is to make PUMAS--and Hillary holdouts in general--look so bad that "nice women" will come flocking back to the Messiah, guaranteeing him a win. Already. many nasty and misogynist articles have been written by "good" lefties berating women that won't drink the Obama Kool Aid. BTW, if the left ever claims to be the great supporters of women and women's rights, don't fall for it: you can cut their bigotry with a knife.

Anyhow, just thought I'd give you all a heads' up if you watch the DNC convention. (I say DNC because it is about Howard Dean and Donna Brazile and not about all Democrats.) If you see a "PUMA" behaving badly, know that it is quite possibly a plant. Most Hillary supporters--male and female--are older, more mature and more logical. If you see a PUMA that seems to be acting like a DUmmie, it probaby is Hippiechick's friend or someone like her.

jediab
08-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Do you still feel betrayed by the lefties Elspeth? How are the other "PUMA"s that you know feeling?

I am interested to know if there has been any "healing" in the party or not.

I can't believe that many Hilary supporters will come rushing back like a beaten spouse just for the sake of unity.

biccat
08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
The strategy is to make PUMAS--and Hillary holdouts in general--look so bad that "nice women" will come flocking back to the Messiah, guaranteeing him a win.

Well of course they will. After all, you women don't know how to vote the right way, let the Party tell you what to do.

LibraryLady
08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
The media is helping perpetuate the stereotype:

The disturbing rise of the "Hillary Harridan." (http://www.slate.com/id/2198218/)

You know her. She's got wild eyes and rumpled hair. At some point she stopped caring about the stains on her blouse. She's hurt, angry, rejected, and she's willing to take the whole damn place down with her. She is Lady Macbeth. She is Jane Eyre's deranged pyromaniac Bertha Mason. She is Cruella DeVil and the biblical Lilith. She is Snow White's wicked stepmother, Miss Havisham, and Emily Bronte's ghostly Catherine Earnshaw. She is the oldest literary type around—the bitter madwoman, hellbent on revenge and willing to act against her own interest to win some respect. And now, to hear the media tell it, she is a Hillary Holdout; she's a PUMA (Party Unity My Ass); and she belongs to 18 Million Voices.

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
The media is helping perpetuate the stereotype:

The disturbing rise of the "Hillary Harridan." (http://www.slate.com/id/2198218/)

I saw that article by that "journalist" at Slate, and I made the following comment:

Sticks and stones may break my bones....
by Elspeth Longhorn
08/21/2008, 11:17 AM

But name calling is always silly. Dahlia Lithwick's article takes a serious political issue and turns it into a junior high hairpulling match. That says a whole lot more about Dahlia than it does about Senator Clinton's supporters. Unfortunately, the civil rights that feminists fought for apply to all women, even silly immature ones like Dahlia Lithwick.

This is only one of many articles, including ones which told us how racist we were being for not toeing the party line. With the convention so close, it's only going to get worse.

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Do you still feel betrayed by the lefties Elspeth? How are the other "PUMA"s that you know feeling?

I am interested to know if there has been any "healing" in the party or not.

There are a lot of us and we're not voting for Obama. The betrayal went deep because the Democratic party was supposed to be the one supporting women's rights. But they pulled out all the stops trying to defeat Hillary, and they insulted many women in the process.

A lot of us are ticked off at NOW and other feminist groups for saying NOTHING about the overt misogyny in the media and among the Democrats supporting Barack. Of course, the minute that New Yorker cover appeared, NOW and other feminist groups sent an urgent email telling us to call or write the New Yorker and slam them for this "racist" cover. I know some PUMAs wrote back and said "Where the hell were you when the Obama campaign played the Jay-Z song 99 Problems at their Iowa victory?." In case you didn't hear about this one, here is the campaign song that Obama played when he (and Oprah) won Iowa:

The chorus of the Obama campaign song:

99 problems but the bitch aint one
If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Hit me

A lot of us wondered if NOW was asleep at the wheel with this one. Or on their knees in some back room.

I can't believe that many Hilary supporters will come rushing back like a beaten spouse just for the sake of unity.

Hey, don't bait me, bro. ;)

Seriously, there has been talk about this and if I thought the party really hadn't been responsible for what happened, I would be able to vote Dem. But campaign songs are not accidental. The way Hillary was treated was not accidental. And the race card against everything--things that weren't even racist or about race--that wasn't accidental.

Obama continues to be arrogant, and the left keeps publishing articles trying to shame Hillary voters into coming back. You think they'd take things seriously and try to offer concessions. But we are being treated like bad little girls who won't eat our supper. You know if the African American community were holding out, they'd be treated with more respect and their reasons for holding out taken more seriously.

What is interesting to me is that the Obama crowd thinks shaming will work: if you're a PUMA you're a racist, disloyal, selfish, a harridan, a shrew, a right wing tool. In the end, this strategy of trying to shame us or slander us is the LAST thing that will work. I don't vote for the candidate who tries to shame me; I run in the other direction.

If someone is holding you hostage, the police send for the negotiator. If Hillary supporters are holding you hostage, send in the negotiator and see what their demands are. Don't ridicule them because they won't let your hostage go; your hostage might get shot. In this case, the Democratic Party might lose this election because you don't take the hostage taker seriously.

biccat
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
There are a lot of us and we're not voting for Obama. The betrayal went deep because the Democratic party was supposed to be the one supporting women's rights. But they pulled out all the stops trying to defeat Hillary, and they insulted many women in the process.

I think a lot of black voters would have felt the same way if Hillary had gotten the nod. The leadership determined that the woman vote would be easier to reclaim than the black vote.

The truth is that the Democrats don't care about either group, they are only concerned about getting enough votes to win the White House. Admittedly, the Republicans do much the same to the Christian Right, but the Republicans don't betray the Christian Right at the first opportunity. Can't say the same for the DNC and their voting blocks.

4jacks
08-22-2008, 02:59 PM

Please excuse my ignorance, this is an honest question. But exactly what womens rights are you referring to?

I'm being sincere, I don't mean to sound rude. The only thing I can think of is abortion and we all know Obama is very abortion friendly.

asdf2231
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
You have probably heard about those Clinton holdouts, the Clinton supporters (like me) who do not like the inexperienced Barack Obama and who are voting for John McCain. Some have organized into a group called "PUMA." Some are not affiliated but are voting for McCain anyway.

In recent weeks, it has become clear that the number of Hillary holdouts NOT voting for Obama has become large enough to cause Obama to sink in the polls. PUMA has been identified by Obama as a group to be infiltrated according to this thread at the DUmp:

The strategy is to make PUMAS--and Hillary holdouts in general--look so bad that "nice women" will come flocking back to the Messiah, guaranteeing him a win. Already. many nasty and misogynist articles have been written by "good" lefties berating women that won't drink the Obama Kool Aid. BTW, if the left ever claims to be the great supporters of women and women's rights, don't fall for it: you can cut their bigotry with a knife.

Anyhow, just thought I'd give you all a heads' up if you watch the DNC convention. (I say DNC because it is about Howard Dean and Donna Brazile and not about all Democrats.) If you see a "PUMA" behaving badly, know that it is quite possibly a plant. Most Hillary supporters--male and female--are older, more mature and more logical. If you see a PUMA that seems to be acting like a DUmmie, it probaby is Hippiechick's friend or someone like her.

I can just see it now...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/smileys%20and%20fun/cats/cougartaze.png

Rebel Yell
08-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Real Hillary Supporter

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/egoholic_showman/heroes/he-man.jpg

Fake Hillary Supporter

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/Faker.jpg

megimoo
08-22-2008, 05:06 PM

A lot of us are ticked off at NOW and other feminist groups for saying NOTHING about the overt misogyny in the media and among the Democrats supporting Barack. Of course, the minute that New Yorker cover appeared, NOW and other feminist groups sent an urgent email telling us to call or write the New Yorker and slam them for this "racist" cover. I know some PUMAs wrote back and said "Where the hell were you when the Obama campaign played the Jay-Z song 99 Problems at their Iowa victory?." In case you didn't hear about this one, here is the campaign song that Obama played when he (and Oprah) won Iowa:

The chorus of the Obama campaign song:

99 problems but the bitch aint one
If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Hit me

A lot of us wondered if NOW was asleep at the wheel with this one. Or on their knees in some back room.

Hey, don't bait me, bro. ;)

Seriously, there has been talk about this and if I thought the party really hadn't been responsible for what happened, I would be able to vote Dem. But campaign songs are not accidental. The way Hillary was treated was not accidental. And the race card against everything--things that weren't even racist or about race--that wasn't accidental.

Obama continues to be arrogant, and the left keeps publishing articles trying to shame Hillary voters into coming back. You think they'd take things seriously and try to offer concessions. But we are being treated like bad little girls who won't eat our supper. You know if the African American community were holding out, they'd be treated with more respect and their reasons for holding out taken more seriously.

What is interesting to me is that the Obama crowd thinks shaming will work: if you're a PUMA you're a racist, disloyal, selfish, a harridan, a shrew, a right wing tool. In the end, this strategy of trying to shame us or slander us is the LAST thing that will work. I don't vote for the candidate who tries to shame me; I run in the other direction.

If someone is holding you hostage, the police send for the negotiator. If Hillary supporters are holding you hostage, send in the negotiator and see what their demands are. Don't ridicule them because they won't let your hostage go; your hostage might get shot. In this case, the Democratic Party might lose this election because you don't take the hostage taker seriously.
N.O.W went down the tube with old Slicks Monica B.J .and seems to have lost their credibility and way for not supporting Monica against Slick Willie!

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, this is an honest question. But exactly what womens rights are you referring to?

I'm being sincere, I don't mean to sound rude. The only thing I can think of is abortion and we all know Obama is very abortion friendly.

Well, up until 2004, the Democratic party was the only major party supporting an Equal Rights Amendment. They quietly shelved that during the Kerry campaign. Now the only party totally committed to women's equality is the Green Party, and I don't trust a worldwide party that started in Europe. A friend of mine from Germany told me a long time ago that she didn't trust the Greens in Germany either.

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
N.O.W went down the tube with old Slicks Monica B.J .and seems to have lost their credibility and way for not supporting Monica against Slick Willie!

I agree. They should rename themselves THEN, and be done with it.:rolleyes:

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Real Hillary Supporter

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/egoholic_showman/heroes/he-man.jpg

Fake Hillary Supporter

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/Faker.jpg

Do I look like I'm packin' heat?

:D

Sadie5
08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Really still do if she could manage to get the nomination. The Clinton's were treated so disrespectfully by the Obot campaign and the DNC allowed it. Hillary had the popular vote and the DNC saw fit to get Obot in as the nominee with total disregard for the voters. Since the day he announced his candidacy he has been acting like he has already won.

Elspeth
08-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Since the day he announced his candidacy he has been acting like he has already won.

I know, and technically he doesn't even have the candidacy until the convention. I wonder who coronated him in our absence.

4jacks
08-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, up until 2004, the Democratic party was the only major party supporting an Equal Rights Amendment. They quietly shelved that during the Kerry campaign. Now the only party totally committed to women's equality is the Green Party, and I don't trust a worldwide party that started in Europe. A friend of mine from Germany told me a long time ago that she didn't trust the Greens in Germany either.

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound ignorant. But what rights are you talking about, that aren't equal.

I asked my wife, if she felt she didn't have any rights, or felt any discrimination, and she said maybe sometimes in something like an autoparts store.

So, what rights do you feel aren't equal?

I'm sorry If i'm annoying, I'm just trying to understand where your coming from.

Phillygirl
08-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I know, and technically he doesn't even have the candidacy until the convention. I wonder who coronated him in our absence.

In all fairness, though, prior to Obama's sudden uprising, didn't Hillary act as though she was the candidate? I think they both had/have some issues with regards to entitlement to that position.

Elspeth
08-23-2008, 01:25 PM
In all fairness, though, prior to Obama's sudden uprising, didn't Hillary act as though she was the candidate? I think they both had/have some issues with regards to entitlement to that position.

The difference is that Hillary never treated anyone else's supporters like Obama is treating us. If she felt entitled, it certainly didn't affect her outreach efforts. Obama's entitlement, on the other hand, is causing him to alienate many Clinton supporters, male and female.

And if we compare Obama's background to any of the Dems running this year (except Kucinich), his is the background LEAST able to sustain any sense of entitlement. I think that's why so many folks are ticked. If Biden or Dodd or Edwards or Clinton felt "entitled", they at least had resumes to show for it. Obama had nothing but Donna Brazile's backing and good vocal timbre.

GrumpyOldLady
08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Honestly, I can understand how the PUMAs feel.

Just look at the difference in capability level between Hillary and Obama.

I'm not a Hillary fan, but even I know that she's MUCH more qualified and would be a MUCH better choice.

I hope the Hillary fans DO show up to the convention.
They deserve to be heard.
Florida and Michigan dems got screwed by their own party.