PDA

View Full Version : UN calls for higher taxes to combat climate warning

warpig
11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.65d35f849629004f3f01ff977b2a3e3 3.741&show_article=1

A top UN panel on Friday called for increased taxes on carbon emissions and international transport to raise 100 billion dollars a year to combat climate change.

The group led by the prime ministers of Norway and Ethiopia also said there could be a tax on international financial transactions.

I guess they didn't read the memos..............someone faked the data............:rolleyes:

m00
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Since when does the UN have the power of taxation?

ironhorsedriver
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Your right, and the first to fake it was the UN.

KhrushchevsShoe
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM

They dont.

Only the UNSC can make binding resolutions, committees make recommendations. It's called trying to reach consensus you troglodyte.

FBIGuy
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
They dont.

Only the UNSC can make binding resolutions, committees make recommendations. It's called trying to reach consensus you troglodyte.

And the UNSC can be completely ignored as most pinko commie organizations should be. In fact the UNSC has a long history of being ignored by some of the more notable terrorist harboring/supporting countries on the earth. Human rights violators are pretty big on ignoring the UNSC too. Hell, the way I see it the UN can collect taxes with one and and shit in the other. I think we all know which one will get filled first.

m00
11-07-2010, 06:39 PM
They dont.

It's pretty easy to reach a consensus to spend someone else's money... because I pretty sure the group of people footing the bill (taxpayers) don't get a seat at that table. We get a seat at the table of our government - and even then, barely. But the US people are not "represented" in the UN.

enslaved1
11-07-2010, 11:52 PM
This has long been a prime issue with the whole global warming deal. A large portion of the people who are pushing to "fix" it have as their solution heavy duty taxation and regulation.

Sonnabend
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
And yet to this day I am yet to see a single instance anywhere, that can be conclusively proven to be global warming and nothing else.

It's bullshit, pure and simple.

PoliCon
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM

They want it and they want it BADLY.

Odysseus
11-09-2010, 11:57 AM
They dont.

Uh, the UNSC's "binding resolutions" carry about as much weight as a Hollywood star's marriage vows. But you keep on believing in the UN, and maybe someday, they'll vote you a pony in a binding resolution.

KhrushchevsShoe
11-10-2010, 11:30 AM
And the UNSC can be completely ignored as most pinko commie organizations should be. In fact the UNSC has a long history of being ignored by some of the more notable terrorist harboring/supporting countries on the earth. Human rights violators are pretty big on ignoring the UNSC too. Hell, the way I see it the UN can collect taxes with one and and shit in the other. I think we all know which one will get filled first.

The USA has ignored it too. But its still a place where the world's great powers can talk to each other instead of just going to war.

Odysseus
11-10-2010, 12:41 PM
The USA has ignored it too. But its still a place where the world's great powers can talk to each other instead of just going to war.

Didn't the League of Nations provide the same service in the 1920s and 1930s? How did that work out? :rolleyes:

The left's diplomacy fetish substitutes empty platitudes for meaningful acts. A perfect example is the current round of the Middle East Peace Process, in which Israel continues to give concrete concessions (removing settlements, ceding local control to the PA, providing financial aid, etc.,) while Palestinians fail to honor theirs, even the symbolic ones (removing the calls for Israel's destruction in their charter, ending media incitements against Jews, ending terrorist acts). But, as long as they're talking, it's all good, right?

The assumption that talking can prevent wars should have been laid to rest when Neville Chamberlain came back from Munich. Nations that share values and interests can talk to each other to their mutual benefit. Nations that have shared values and conflicting interests might resolve those conflicts, but nations with conflicting values and conflicting interests cannot resolve anything except through force or the threat of force, and nothing that happens in the corrupt bureaucratic behemoth that squats at Turtle Bay will change that.

PoliCon
11-10-2010, 10:03 PM

All the UN has ever managed to do is prolong conflicts. PRIME EXAMPLE - The Arab-Israeli conflict.

Rockntractor
11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
All the UN has ever managed to do is prolong conflicts. PRIME EXAMPLE - The Arab-Israeli conflict.

Actually that one has gone on since Ishmael.