PDA

View Full Version : my nephew was very seriously injured in Afghanistan yesterday (IED)

SarasotaRepub
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Very sorry to hear this Kip and I hope he recovers. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9530411)

Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-10-10 05:27 PM
Original message my nephew was very seriously injured in Afghanistan yesterday (IED)

My nephew, Trey, was very seriously injured yesterday in Sangin Afghanistan by an IED. A marine in his second enlistment and 4th tour, he was leading his platoon on foot patrol when the IED went off. We don't yet know if he will survive his injuries which are listed V.S.I., the most severe category of injury.

Please keep Trey in your thoughts & prayers.

I wonder if that DU POS mike_c will post that the kid deserved it since all US troops are murderers. That is what he believes after all.

Phillygirl
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Terrible thing. I hope he makes it.

Gingersnap
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I certainly hope he makes a complete recovery and he and his family will be in my prayers.

Kay
11-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Kip, my prayers are with your nephew and family.

ABC in Georgia
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
My prayers also Kip, for him and his family.

~ ABC

FDK
11-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a good recovery.

Adam Wood
11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh, man ....

Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-10-10 07:43 PM
Response to Original message
55. update on my nephew...

Trey is at Bagram. His right foot was traumatically amputated and he has shrapnel wounds to both his legs, his right arm and the right side of his back. He was scheduled to be flown to Germany today but was bumped off the flight and will be flown out tomorrow. My thanks go out to the best healthcare professionals in the world for saving Trey's life.

For those who have asked, Trey is Sgt. Thomas Humphrey III, Squad leader, First Platoon, Kilo Company, Third Battalion, Fifth Marines, Sangin, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

My many, many thanks to all you who have posted here for your kind words or dots "." of support. With tears in my eyes, I am honored by your outpouring. DU is a special place to me because of the caliber of folks who participate here... folks such as each of you. I am finding it a very special place indeed in this time of tribulation.

Thank you again, and
may we have peace in our time,
Kip

My prayers for speedy and painless recovery, and my eternal thanks for this sacrifice.

We can never thank them enough.

MrsSmith
11-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Prayers for Trey's recovery and continued courage throughout the rest of his life! May God Bless him richly!

MountainMan
11-10-2010, 11:33 PM
No matter our differences, love for our troops, especially this week of Veterans Day, should always come first.

I will say with confidence Kip that EVERYONE on this board wishes your nephew a full and fast recovery from his wounds. God's speed Kip.

djones520
11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
I think what truly makes this a Best Of is that I just skimmed through about 100 replies, and I didn't see one that was trying to make a political point.

ColonialMarine0431
11-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Prayers out....

movie buff
11-11-2010, 03:49 PM
My prayers go out to Trey and his family.