PDA

View Full Version : A short introduction

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you for accepting me into your forum.
I chose my screen name as I am a firm believer in our Constitution as it was originally written, ratified and amended (up until the 14th anyway, there begins the corruption) and while it has been severly wounded in the past 100 years by both political parties, it is not yet dead and can be revived to its former greatness and respect.

I look forward to expanding on my philosophies as topics arise where I can promote, defend or debate that which I believe in and hold dear.

"Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government."
James Madison

obx
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Welcome.

hampshirebrit
11-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Welcome to CU.

Gingersnap
11-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Welcome aboard!

If you get tired of the heavier subjects, don't forget to pop into the Lounge! :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Welcome to CU. Feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself.

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Since you asked...
I have lived in the Great Lakes State for almost all of my 54 years and have been married to the same wonderful woman for the last 24 of them.

I was more active on some political boards a few years ago, banned from a few of them, but pretty much gave it up as it was becoming increasingly disheartening to tolerate the views of corporatist conservatives defending unconstitutional financial and regulatory policies as long as it was not their ox being gored.

I have been lurking on this site and others for about the last 6 months. I found most of them to be either banal, borderline (if not overtly) racist or profane beyond purpose. I am not a prude, I can F bomb, cuss and swear with anyone, but not just for obligatory shock value or crudeness.
I applied to this board as I see it as one that has members that show that there is still hope for our constitutionally limited representative Republic.
(and yes, I will occasionally correct those that insist this country is a democracy)

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison

Gingersnap
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
We aren't big on pointless profanity, that's true. You may run into opposition on yours views from some but this a debate board so that's part of the fun. ;)

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
You should fit in well here. Welcome again and thanks for the background info.

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
We aren't big on pointless profanity, that's true. You may run into opposition on yours views from some but this a debate board so that's part of the fun. ;)

I don't mind opposition views, in fact I tend to encourage them.
I would rather have a spirited debate with someone who's views I diametrically oppose but debates with facts and conviction than have someone agree with me without a coherent basis for that agreement.

Rockntractor
11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Sniff sniff sniff.

Gingersnap
11-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Sniff sniff sniff.

Oh, stop it! You always do that. Use that sniffer to find a truffle or something. :D

Rockntractor
11-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh, stop it! You always do that. Use that sniffer to find a truffle or something. :D

Analyzing.

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Sniff sniff sniff.

snort, inhale, olfactory induce

Word association is fun but typically works better when the words are different.:p

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Analyzing.

If the test comes back positive, I demand a DNA test!

Constitutionally Speaking
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Since you asked...
I have lived in the Great Lakes State for almost all of my 54 years and have been married to the same wonderful woman for the last 24 of them.

I was more active on some political boards a few years ago, banned from a few of them, but pretty much gave it up as it was becoming increasingly disheartening to tolerate the views of corporatist conservatives defending unconstitutional financial and regulatory policies as long as it was not their ox being gored.

I have been lurking on this site and others for about the last 6 months. I found most of them to be either banal, borderline (if not overtly) racist or profane beyond purpose. I am not a prude, I can F bomb, cuss and swear with anyone, but not just for obligatory shock value or crudeness.
I applied to this board as I see it as one that has members that show that there is still hope for our constitutionally limited representative Republic.
(and yes, I will occasionally correct those that insist this country is a democracy)

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison

You should fit in well here.

Glad to have another representative of our great State here.

Welcome!

What part of Michigan??

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
You should fit in well here.

Glad to have another representative of our great State here.

Welcome!

What part of Michigan??

Tyrone Township, northeast corner of Livingston County.
About 20 miles due south of Flint off 23.

Rockntractor
11-11-2010, 07:44 PM

You will do, I was really hoping for one of the Fox News girls to join, I guess I just have to keep emailing them.
Welcome!:D

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 07:47 PM
You will do, I was really hoping for one of the Fox News girls to join, I guess I just have to keep emailing them.
Welcome!:D

I really hope to pick the right 6 numbers in the next $200 million Powerball.
Guess we are both SOL.

Kay
11-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice to meet you, and welcome. :)

Rockntractor
11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I really hope to pick the right 6 numbers in the next $200 million Powerball.
Guess we are both SOL.

What would you do with all that money, it would just ruin you.
Now a fox news girl, that's different!

Madisonian
11-11-2010, 07:53 PM
What would you do with all that money, it would just ruin you.
Now a fox news girl, that's different!

I hazard a guess that $100 million (who am I kidding, if I hit for $200 million, the wife would dump me quicker than a dress on prom night) will get me a Fox news girl quicker than your email would.

(Who am I really kidding? Even at $100 mil, O Bummer Nation and the Congress Critters (sounds like a bad garage band from the 70's rather than our political leaders) would not leave me enough for a lap dance after taxes)

hampshirebrit
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM

Rock is our sniffer piglet. He's quite good at this stuff.

He says he thinks you'll do. He's generally right. Welcome again. :D

Big Guy
11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Welcome aboard.

Articulate_Ape
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi, Madisonian, and welcome.