PDA

View Full Version : Things Your Dog Has Eaten.

Gingersnap
11-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Two of my dogs ate 2 loaves of fresh baked bread this week. This is hardly novel and it was my own fault for answering the phone while letting the loaves cool on a rack on the counter.

These are hardly the most interesting things my dogs have eaten. I found half a sock in one poop load and partially chewed beer cans after one BBQ (no poop-related distress there). I found an almost complete small army man once and part of grocery list.

What have your dogs (cats, goats, horses, parrots) eaten?

Rockntractor
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
One of mine ate a block of rat poison.

Gingersnap
11-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Last summer, Doc had a 12 hour barf-a-thon. Turns out Mr. Snaps killed a wasp's nest and threw it in a side yard. Later as Mr. Snaps was doing fence work for the neighbors, Doc ate the nest.

Apparently wasp killer is only somewhat effective on Collies.

MountainMan
11-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Two of my dogs ate 2 loaves of fresh baked bread this week. This is hardly novel and it was my own fault for answering the phone while letting the loaves cool on a rack on the counter.

These are hardly the most interesting things my dogs have eaten. I found half a sock in one poop load and partially chewed beer cans after one BBQ (no poop-related distress there). I found an almost complete small army man once and part of grocery list.

Our new lab puppy ingested part of the Dish Network remote control yesterday. :mad:

NJCardFan
11-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Toby likes to eat parts of his big brother's bed.

Gingersnap
11-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Our new lab puppy ingested part of the Dish Network remote control yesterday. :mad:

Which part? The Collie used to pick up remotes and randomly change stations but he's more into purses right now.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-13-2010, 12:02 AM

I had one eat an tennis ball whole. My current Lab ate a bottle of aspirin and nearly killed herself.

MountainMan
11-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Which part? The Collie used to pick up remotes and randomly change stations but he's more into purses right now.

Several buttons and half of the battery cover.......

Gingersnap
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I had an English Setter who ate half a pound of malted milk balls and some Sour Cherry balls. I came upstairs and thought DeMille had enacted the parting of the Red Sea in my living room.

The dog was fine.

Rockntractor
11-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I had an English Setter who ate half a pound of malted milk balls and some Sour Cherry balls. I came upstairs and thought DeMille had enacted the parting of the Red Sea in my living room.

The dog was fine.

Wally stole a whole 1 pound box of butter pecan fudge out of the truck one time, he was laying on the lawn sound asleep with the box next to him, bastard!:mad:

Articulate_Ape
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
One of mine ate a block of rat poison.

I wish our dog would.

ABC in Georgia
11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Articulate Ape, you don't mean that, you beast! :p

Years ago, our Great Dane ate 12 rather large homemade (and spiced to perfection I might add) hamburger patties that I had made up for a July 4th. party.

He wolfed down every one of them, and didn't even have the decency to be *sick* after!

megimoo
11-13-2010, 03:28 PM

What have your dogs (cats, goats, horses, parrots) eaten?Our English Bull dog completely consumes Tennis Balls and Plastic beach Toys. He eats grass, chicken feed,bugs and an occasional air born fly.He chases the chickens when they are out until he comes to the electronic fence and puts on the brakes.

He eats the paper unless I see the truck and get there first.He has his toys all chewed up even eats those heavy duty dog rope chews ,about the only thing safe from him is the heavy plastic recycle bins.He's still a pup but goes about eighty five pounds last time I was able to get him on a scale .

He is so pug ugly that he's cute and he even slobbers in his sleep.When he sees me crossing the path on my way back from the chickens he charges full blast right into me and If I didn't see him coming he'd knock me over.

Teddy Kennedy
11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Our English Bull dog completely consumes Tennis Balls and Plastic beach Toys. He eats grass, chicken feed,bugs and an occasional air born fly.He chases the chickens when they are out until he comes to the electronic fence and puts on the brakes.

He eats the paper unless I see the truck and get there first.He has his toys all chewed up even eats those heavy duty dog rope chews ,about the only thing safe from him is the heavy plastic recycle bins.He's still a pup but goes about eighty five pounds last time I was able to get him on a scale .

He is so pug ugly that he's cute and he even slobbers in his sleep.When he sees me crossing the path on my way back from the chickens he charges full blast right into me and If I didn't see him coming he'd knock me over.

I was thawing some chicken in the sink. The chicken was wraapped in foil. Only a very small piece of foil was not ingested.

My dogs will eat anything under the premise that they can always ralph it back up later on.

AmPat
11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Poop. Daily dose of Poop. It appears as though coyote poop is a fave, although any available will work fine.:mad:

CueSi
11-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Back when I was dancing... Panda (my ex's dog, a shi-zu/Yorkie mix) ate two thongs, an earring and part of one of my coinbelts.

Silly bitch...couldn't stay mad at her.

~QC

MountainMan
11-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Back when I was dancing... Panda (my ex's dog, a shi-zu/Yorkie mix) ate two thongs, an earring and part of one of my coinbelts.

Silly bitch...couldn't stay mad at her.

~QC

Ok, this begs the question. Did you wash them and reuse them? :p

JB
11-13-2010, 05:46 PM
A live, larger than average aquarium fish. He was not pledging a frat at the time.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Articulate Ape, you don't mean that, you beast! :p

Years ago, our Great Dane ate 12 rather large homemade (and spiced to perfection I might add) hamburger patties that I had made up for a July 4th. party.

He wolfed down every one of them, and didn't even have the decency to be *sick* after!

I didn't know ya'll had the Internets in Hiawassee. :p

Next thing you know, it'll be in Young Harris.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2010, 07:48 PM
We had a cat who ate a bunch of glitter off the Christmas tree. We didn't know it until we noticed it in the poop.

It was kinda pretty.

Rockntractor
11-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I wish our dog would.

It was a Doberman, she dripped blood for a couple of days and was fine. She died of old age a year and a half ago, Abigail was a good dog.

djones520
11-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I had a Rottie eat my science project once. Was various testing to see which types of breads promoted the best mold growth. The day before the thing was due, she at all but two peices.

I got extra credit for "My dog ate my homework" actually being true. :D

My current dog ate my kitchens linoleum when she was a puppy. Cost $150 to get it fixed. The BS part of it all was that if the original contracter had done the job properly, she never would have been able to tear it up.

djones520
11-13-2010, 08:03 PM
We had a cat who ate a bunch of glitter off the Christmas tree. We didn't know it until we noticed it in the poop.

It was kinda pretty.

You sure she just didn't get a hold of your credit card and order some glitter caplets? :D

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2010, 08:13 PM
You sure she just didn't get a hold of your credit card and order some glitter caplets? :D

Hey...hey hey....there was an extra charge on the Visa bill. :eek:

I didn't remember ordering catnip either. :mad:

Big Guy
11-13-2010, 08:19 PM
I have a Chihuahua, he is a wussy and only eats kibble.

My brother's Pit ate a whole ice creme cake last July 4th. I guess he was the one who ate the Jalapeños earlier in the day and was just trying to cool off. :D

CueSi
11-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Ok, this begs the question. Did you wash them and reuse them? :p

No. I got the damn things 2/$10.

~QC

ABC in Georgia
11-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I didn't know ya'll had the Internets in Hiawassee. :p

Next thing you know, it'll be in Young Harris.

Bubba Dawg ...

Funny! Funny! Not only do we have "Internets" in Hiawassee, hubby and I access through fibre optic cable! So there:p Speaking of Young Harris ... said hubby plays tennis twice a week at Young Harris College.

Life is good up here in Northern Georgia, is it not?