PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wants Internet Security Czar

PoliCon
11-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Friday, 12 Nov 2010 09:23 AM

President Barack Obama wants to ramp-up Internet security with the establishment of a czar to oversee privacy. The administration plans a stronger legal effort to protect Internet privacy -- including new laws and creation of a new position to oversee the effort, people familiar with the situation tell The Wall Street Journal.

obama, internet, privacy, czarA report scheduled to be issued by the Commerce Department in coming weeks should outline the strategy, the sources says. But the report hasnít been finalized yet.

The White House has created a special task force to turn the Commerce Department suggestions into policy, the sources say.

That group was established three weeks ago and is headed by Cameron Kerry, Commerce Department general counsel and brother of Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Christopher Schroeder, assistant attorney general for the Justice Department.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Obama-Internet-Security-Czar/2010/11/12/id/376848?s=al&promo_code=B1A5-1

m00
11-13-2010, 11:02 AM
But the only reason we need an czar to safeguard internet privacy is to protect us from the other czars that violate internet privacy. Government is not the solution to itself.

PoliCon
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
We should all demand that DC reduce it's carbon footprint. It's time to ban air conditioning in all federal office buildings in DC.

fettpett
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
FUCK NO. get rid of every single fucking "Czar" and make them illegal

Odysseus
11-14-2010, 10:34 PM
We should all demand that DC reduce it's carbon footprint. It's time to ban air conditioning in all federal office buildings in DC.
Works for me. And heating, too. DC is colder than a lawyer's heart in the winter. Congress can stay in session as long as it wants, but they have to bundle up or strip down to shirtsleeves (and no further, there are some things that were never meant to be seen on C-SPAN).

FUCK NO. get rid of every single fucking "Czar" and make them illegal
They're already illegal. Show me where the Constitution authorizes autocrats with the powers and titles of Russian nobility.

PoliCon
11-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Works for me. And heating, too. DC is colder than a lawyer's heart in the winter. Congress can stay in session as long as it wants, but they have to bundle up or strip down to shirtsleeves (and no further, there are some things that were never meant to be seen on C-SPAN).
I say they all have to wear something akin to what the Brits make their house of lords wear - some form of official attire that should preferably be something heavy and hot. Make them wear that all year long and it won't matter if they meet over the winter. :)

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I say they all have to wear something akin to what the Brits make their house of lords wear - some form of official attire that should preferably be something heavy and hot. Make them wear that all year long and it won't matter if they meet over the winter. :)

Yes, but it also has to look really goofy. Lady Gaga's meat dress would work. Plus, after a few days, it would reek. That'll shut down Washington, and it will drive the PETAphiles out of government, so it's a twofer!

AmPat
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I'd say bring back wigs but Conservatives wouldn't wear them and DIMoRATS would think they were an accessorizing perk.

Hawkgirl
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
What I find quite revealing is the fact that he names them "czars" ....

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I'd say bring back wigs but Conservatives wouldn't wear them and DIMoRATS would think they were an accessorizing perk.
The British wigs are traditional, so conservatives might be convinced to wear them, if for not other reason than they build character, but liberals would see them as heavy and uncomfortable, and would wimp out, except for Barney Frank, who'd think that they're "Fabulous!"

What I find quite revealing is the fact that he names them "czars" ....

They were called that under a number of presidents. The difference is that Obama has appointed more of them and given them more powers, and his have been leftwing ideologues of the Van Jones variety.

fettpett
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM

They're already illegal. Show me where the Constitution authorizes autocrats with the powers and titles of Russian nobility.

I realize that...though they can argue it's a legal grey area. I meant a straight up ban on them spelt out so the dumbfucks can understand it. And lets get rid of the thought of a "COO"

@Hawkgirl Obama wasn't the first one to come up with "Czar" or the only President to name one

megimoo
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
The British wigs are traditional, so conservatives might be convinced to wear them, if for not other reason than they build character, but liberals would see them as heavy and uncomfortable, and would wimp out, except for Barney Frank, who'd think that they're "Fabulous!"

They were called that under a number of presidents. The difference is that Obama has appointed more of them and given them more powers, and his have been leftwing ideologues of the Van Jones variety.

If were 'going with the wigs' lets bring back the 'flea collars' and 'cod pieces'.Barney Fag would have much better access to the members in committee !

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, but it also has to look really goofy. Lady Gaga's meat dress would work. Plus, after a few days, it would reek. That'll shut down Washington, and it will drive the PETAphiles out of government, so it's a twofer! I like the way you think! PLUS - if they really piss off the American people we can also loose the dogs on them :cool:

I'd say bring back wigs but Conservatives wouldn't wear them and DIMoRATS would think they were an accessorizing perk. well I think it would depend on the style of the wig . . . . And Barny couldn't have anything to do with picking the wigs. We all know that he'd just pick something like this:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29185539/Vaca+DragQueen.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.lemondrop.com/media/2009/02/queens.jpg

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I like the way you think! PLUS - if they really piss off the American people we can also loose the dogs on them :cool:
I like it. And it will keep Vegans out of politics!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29185539/Vaca+DragQueen.jpg

Wow. Pelosi has really let herself go since the election.

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
I like it. And it will keep Vegans out of politics!

So it's a what a quadruple win?

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 11:45 PM
So it's a what a quadruple win?

Something like that, as long as we can ensure that it's real meat. You know that some libtard would demand the right to use tofu. Maybe if we declared soy beans an endangered species...?

PoliCon
11-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Something like that, as long as we can ensure that it's real meat. You know that some libtard would demand the right to use tofu. Maybe if we declared soy beans an endangered species...?

wouldn't work. we need to declare them AGW contributors and subject to cap and tax.