PDA

View Full Version : The Public Isn't Happy About GOP Victory

Carol
11-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I can't help but laugh at this.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x520887)

babylonsister Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-13-10 11:19 AM
Original message
The Public Isn't Happy About GOP Victory

Buyer's remorse? This ticks me off; what were they thinking 2 weeks ago?

The Blasé Mandate
By CHARLES M. BLOW
Published: November 12, 2010

Democrats still searching for a silver lining to the waxing they took last Tuesday can cheer up a bit. According to a new poll, the public may already be experiencing a bit of buyer’s remorse about the choices they’ve made, and Republicans seem to have unrealistic expectations about what their leaders will be able to accomplish.

A poll released Thursday by the Pew Research Center found that people are considerably less happy about the Republicans’ victory than they were about the Democrats’ victory in 2006 or about the Republicans’ victory in 1994. They also approve much less of the “Republicans’ policies and plans for the future” than they did of the Democrats’ plans in 2006 or the Republicans’ plans in 1994. (I must say that that question threw me a bit because I didn’t know that Republicans had “policies and plans” for the future. Silly me.)

About 60 percent of the respondents thought that the Republicans in 1994 and the Democrats in 2006 would be successful in getting their programs passed into law. This year, just more than 40 percent believed this about the Republicans. In fact, unlike in 2008 and 2006, more people than not believed that relations between Republicans and Democrats in Washington would now get worse.

That doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement to me. It sounds like a Congress of Low Expectations.

more...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/opinion/13blow.html?r...
Unlike 2008 and 1994 the Republicans only have the House of Representatives......not also the Presidency and/or the Senate.

OF COURSE I don't think that Republicans are going to get many of any of their programs into law. If the thwart the Democrats crazy ideas that will be enough until we do have more of a majority.

And if you don't like what the Democrats have been doing and want to do you WANT and expect that relations between the Democrats and Republicans are going to get worse.

And they use this to rationalize "buyers remorse". How stupid are they?

I guess they have to try to find something to cheer their base up with. Kind of like saying that they were going to retain the House even up to the day of the elections.

global1 (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Nov-13-10 11:37 AM
Response to Original message
4. I Asked The Question The Day After The Election.....

How soon would 'voters remorse' set in?

Well it didn't take long - did it?

Now the Dems need to figure out a strategy to use this voters remorse to their advantage.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Carol
11-13-2010, 12:12 PM
bbbbbbb

3rd-try
11-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I thought it was the "public" who did the voting

AmPat
11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
As usual, the monkeys are trying to find happiness out of negativity. They would gladly eat Poop as long as it was labeled "Progressive Poop."

I look to the House for slowing and even stopping the Marxist's agenda. I also expect them to put bills on the floor to slash spending, taxes, earmarks, etc. They should not decide whether to push legislation on the likelihood of it being passed. They should push legislation that actually addresses the problems and let the Moron-in-Chief and DIMoRAT Senate deny the bills. This will help the GOP gain the Senate and the Executive Branch next election.

Dan D. Doty
11-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Buyers remorse :confused:

The new guys haven't even taken office yet.

God and guns ... Moonbats cling to the delusions like it was the last lifepreserver on the Titanic.

NJCardFan
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
#1, there are still races undecided and #2, how can it be buyers remorse when those who have been elected aren't in office yet?

SarasotaRepub
11-13-2010, 04:48 PM
#1, there are still races undecided and #2, how can it be buyers remorse when those who have been elected aren't in office yet?

Remember, it's the DUmp, they continue to grasp at straws. :D

Apache
11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

projection and/or foresight

Madisonian
11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
As usual, the monkeys are trying to find happiness out of negativity. They would gladly eat Poop as long as it was labeled "Progressive Poop."

I look to the House for slowing and even stopping the Marxist's agenda. I also expect them to put bills on the floor to slash spending, taxes, earmarks, etc. They should not decide whether to push legislation on the likelihood of it being passed. They should push legislation that actually addresses the problems and let the Moron-in-Chief and DIMoRAT Senate deny the bills. This will help the GOP gain the Senate and the Executive Branch next election.

If the Republicans have any brains (big if, I know), they will use their majority in the House and their constitutional powers of holding the check book to submit a budget that not only reduces spending levels but also refuses to fund all non-constitutionally authorized departments and agencies.
They could start with the EPA, Dept. of Education, FDA, NHTSA, TSA, or any of the hundreds of other areas they don't belong.

I won't hold my breathe. Boehner and the other corpro-statists that claim to be Republicans don't have the balls to do what is right for fear they may not be asked to the right lobbyist parties anymore.

FDK
11-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Did someone mention buyer's remorse?

Poll: Most Want Obama Fired In 2012

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, rapped by the White House for pledging to make Barack Obama a one-term president, seems to have the support of a majority of Americans. A new poll provided to Whispers says that 56 percent of likely voters want the president fired.

Linky: http://politics.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2010/10/27/poll-most-want-obama-fired-in-2012.html

Adam Wood
11-13-2010, 09:51 PM
If the Republicans have any brains (big if, I know), they will use their majority in the House and their constitutional powers of holding the check book to submit a budget that not only reduces spending levels but also refuses to fund all non-constitutionally authorized departments and agencies.
They could start with the EPA, Dept. of Education, FDA, NHTSA, TSA, or any of the hundreds of other areas they don't belong.

I won't hold my breathe. Boehner and the other corpro-statists that claim to be Republicans don't have the balls to do what is right for fear they may not be asked to the right lobbyist parties anymore.As much as I wish they could, I don't think it's politically possible this cycle to carry it that far. I'll be satisfied with a genuine roll-back in actual spending (not a BS "cut in future expenditures") and doing something about this albatross of "health care 'reform.'"

The trick is whether or not they have the C. O. Jones to take on even a part of mandatory spending. Hitting discretionary spending is easy and popular right now. Mandatory spending, though, is a political third rail that has to be sold well. But if they do it right, then they can come out smelling like a rose.