PDA

View Full Version : Expert: past 10 days have been worst of President Obama's 'political life'

PoliCon
11-13-2010, 11:42 PM
WASHINGTON - President Obama is coming home from his overseas trip pretty much empty-handed.

After watching his party take a beating in the midterm elections, Obama wasn't able to secure even a symbolic victory on a trip that was expected to give him plenty of opportunities to claim a win.

"This certainly was the worst 10 days of his political life," said Baruch College political scientist Doug Muzzio. "Given that he's not going to be able to get any domestic achievements with the Republicans in control of the House ... if he doesn't do it in foreign policy that's a big problem for him.

"He came back with bupkis [Yiddish for 'nothing']."

Obama's inauspicious 10-day, four-nation trip included a failure to land an anticipated slam dunk free trade agreement with South Korea.

It also included a botched effort to rally Western allies to press China to budge on a monetary policy that threatens to keep the U.S. economy in the tank.

Yet Obama appeared to shrug off the lack of results during summit meetings with the world's most powerful leaders.

"Naturally, there's an instinct to focus on the disagreements, because otherwise, these summits might not be very exciting; it's just a bunch of world leaders sitting around intervening," Obama told reporters in South Korea.

"What's remarkable is that in each of these successive summits we've actually made real progress," he added, without anything of substance to point to.

Compounding his problems, Obama had to dial back on comments made back home by top adviser David Axelrod, who suggested Obama will cave on ending tax cuts for the rich.

Even when he had a chance to back embattled outgoing Speaker Nancy Pelosi, his biggest political ally who wants to remain leader of the House Democrats, he hedged.

"I think Speaker Pelosi has been an outstanding partner for me," Obama said. "I think Harry Reid has been a terrific partner in moving some very difficult legislation forward."

Experts scoffed.

"If President [George W.] Bush was the great decider, then President Obama is the great considerer," Muzzio said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/11/12/2010-11-12_president_obama_returns_from_asia_trip_with_dis appointing_results_amid_midterm_l.html

marv
11-14-2010, 09:14 AM
If these were the worst 10 days for president hussein, these have been the worst two years for America..........

PoliCon
11-14-2010, 09:39 AM
If these were the worst 10 days for president hussein, these have been the worst two years for America..........

You almost have to feel bad for him. . . . . :rolleyes:

Odysseus
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM

I would, except that his political life has been what, a couple of years in the Illinois State Senate and a couple of years in the US Senate? We're not exactly talking about a long career here. Fruit flies have longer resumes.

Besides, after what he's done to the nation, he's not the one that I feel sorry for.

Articulate_Ape
11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
I would, except that his political life has been what, a couple of years in the Illinois State Senate and a couple of years in the US Senate? We're not exactly talking about a long career here. Fruit flies have longer resumes.

Besides, after what he's done to the nation, he's not the one that I feel sorry for.

QFT

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 12:13 AM

But we've all been so mean to him!!1!!!!

marv
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
But we've all been so mean to him!!1!!!!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/avatars/violin.gif http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/avatars/violin.gif http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/avatars/violin.gif http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/avatars/violin.gif

FBIGuy
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM

I feel bad for America.

Kay
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I feel bad for America.

You know, as painful and bad for America as the Obamanation has been,
in some ways I think he is going to go down in history as the man who
actually saved America. He has shown the country what's on the other
side of the fence. And I think that scared the chit out of those who have
been apathetic to what's going on in US politics. He woke the nation up.
It's the old "what doesn't kill us will make us stronger' adage. He's done
almost as much to unite the country again as 9-11 did.

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
You know, as painful and bad for America as the Obamanation has been, in some ways I think he is going to go down in history as the man who actually saved America. He has shown the country what's on the other side of the fence. And I think that scared the chit out of those who have
been apathetic to what's going on in US politics. He woke the nation up. It's the old "what doesn't kill us will make us stronger' adage. He's done almost as much to unite the country again as 9-11 did.

In other words, when America needed a catastrophe to bring us together, we got Obama? :D

Somehow, I don't see that as his 2012 campaign slogan. Or maybe it will be, if that's all that he can claim at that point.

namvet
11-15-2010, 10:44 AM

why ??? its our $$$ he blew for nothing

namvet
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
In other words, when America needed a catastrophe to bring us together, we got Obama? :D

Somehow, I don't see that as his 2012 campaign slogan. Or maybe it will be, if that's all that he can claim at that point.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2gtyvfa.jpg

Kay
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Exactly. :)

lacarnut
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
why ??? its our $$$ he blew for nothing

And living high on the hog to boot..plus Michelle is doing her part also.

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Exactly. :)

Okay, I just figured out how to turn that into an Obama ad.
================================================== ======
Fade in to montage of images from 9/11, antiwar protests, housing foreclosures, banks failing, etc.

Announcer (Voice Over)
In 2008, America was in crisis. The nation was divided along political, religious and racial lines. The very fabric of the nation threatened to come apart.

Cut to: montage of dejected people in unemployment lines, soup kitchens, holding up signs asking for work...

Announcer (Voice Over)
Americans were losing faith. We needed something that would unite us. Something that everyone could agree on. Something that would build a national consensus.

Cut to: images and videos of Obama with sound, bowing to foreign leaders, traveling in India, calling Republicans enemies, intercut with images and videos from Tea Party protests.

Announcer (Voice Over)
Barack Obama has unified America. What had been a nation of bickering, angry people was now a nation of united, angry people. From many factions into one great mass, with one great goal, to remove Barack Obama and the Democrats from office.

Cut to: image of Obama signing the various pieces of unpopular legislation with captions identifying each: Obamacare, Stimulus, etc., intercut with video of Nancy Pelosi saying "You have to pass the bill in order to see what's in it" and other video of Democratic leaders and Obama ridiculing opposition and basically being fatuous.

Fade to: image of Obama, gazing off into the distance.

Announcer (Voice Over)
When America needed a catastrophe to unite us, Barack Obama was there.

Slow zoom: away from image of Obama, which is now revealed to be a poster on a wall, with people below it throwing stuff at his image. A tomato spatters the poster. Freeze on that image.

Announcer (Voice Over)
Barack Obama: Uniting America.

Fade to black. :D

Kay
11-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Send that in to Michael Steel now!
That is an awesome 2012 ad. :cool:

Kay
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2gtyvfa.jpg

Oh that has to be my new computer desktop background. :)

AmPat
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Still, the clueless one trying to paint a happy face. [insert facepalm].
He reminds me of the 0-15 basketball team consolling his team after a 70-2 drubbing. His words ring more false than ever. We can only hope Mr. Dopey-Changey continues down the road to cluelessville. He has to be the Dumbest president in the history of the world. I fart in his general direction.

fettpett
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
what I find funny is that they had to tranlate
"He came back with bupkis [Yiddish for 'nothing']."

like we're morons and don't know what it means

Silverhair
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
There may be much worse to come. There are rumors flying around of a major banking scandal that is about to break that Obama is up to his neck in.

Instead of impeachment I think we should just let him stew. Let the Democrats bring the Bill of Impeachment.