PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Cereal

Bubba Dawg
11-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Sunny and cool on The Island. I don't have a thermometer but prolly low forties. Should warm up to the high sixties today.

We had T-Bone steak last night. It was on sale at Piggly Wiggly and I broiled it in the oven. It turned out good. Served it with brown rice stir fried with onions and mushrooms.

TOTD: Cereal. I love cereal. All kinds. The healthy stuff. The sweet kind. Everything. I even like oatmeal.

My favorite is what used to be Super Sugar Crisp. They changed it to Honey Crisp because of the food police. Now I think it's Golden Crisp or some such thing.

I also love Kaboom cereal.

Do you eat cereal? If so, what kind?

NJCardFan
11-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Sunny and cool here as well.

TOTD: Cereal. Wow. As a kid I had many favorites. All the monster cereals, even Fruit Brute and all the Capt. Crunch cereals, especially Peanut Butter Crunch. I still eat these every once in a great while but being a diabetic, it's not always in my best interests. Nowadays, I usually stay with the grown up cereals like Total w/raisins, Wheaties, Fiber One and stuff like that. And Kaboom, wow, there's an oldie but goodie. I last saw Kaboom in Kill Bill Vol. 1. Remember Quisp and Quake?

Kay
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I eat a lot of cereal. My favorites are Basic 4, Honey Oats Vanilla Crunch with Almonds (or something like that) and for hot cereals I love oatmeal. I eat cereal for breakfast with a glass or orange or grape juice just about every morning. I keep packets of Quaker instant oatmeal in my desk at work, and have that sometimes in the afternoon if I'm running out of gas and had to skip lunch or to eat something lite on the run.

PoliCon
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
TOTD: My kid favorite is still Peanutbutter Crunch - but mostly I go for granola cereals or those with fruits and nust in them (What ever is on sale). As for hot cereal - the only cereal I eat hot is Grapenuts.

NJCardFan
11-14-2010, 11:11 AM
TOTD: My kid favorite is still Peanutbutter Crunch - but mostly I go for granola cereals or those with fruits and nust in them (What ever is on sale). As for hot cereal - the only cereal I eat hot is Grapenuts.

Is that any good?

PoliCon
11-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Is that any good?

Yup. especially with fresh fruit

RobJohnson
11-14-2010, 03:52 PM

I thought for sure you were going to say Fruity Pebbles! :D

I'm eating a bowl of kashi cereal as I type...

PoliCon
11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
I thought for sure you were going to say Fruity Pebbles! :D

I'm eating a bowl of kashi cereal as I type...

Kashi? what are you a hippy???

Hawkgirl
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Honey Bunches and Oats....they now have a Pecan flavor that's even better than the original

Gingersnap
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't eat cereal but I do make muesli and eat it with yogurt sometimes. :)

Rebel Yell
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is still my favorite. I rotate between that, and Mini Wheats, Frosted Flakes, Rasin Bran (with lots of sugar added), Golden Crisp, Golden Grahams, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Cookie Crisp. I don't do alot of healthy cereals, and I eat cereal for dinner and supper lots of days.

linda22003
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM

We are the same person. I add yogurt to muesli (I love the varieties Steinmacher has), and sometimes add more fruit to that (blueberries).

Gingersnap
11-15-2010, 02:37 PM
We are the same person. I add yogurt to muesli (I love the varieties Steinmacher has), and sometimes add more fruit to that (blueberries).

OMG! I have frozen blueberries for just that purpose in my freezer right now! :eek:

Rebel Yell
11-15-2010, 02:51 PM

What the fuck is muesli?:confused:

Gingersnap
11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
What the fuck is muesli?:confused:

Muesli (Swiss ger. Müesli, also ger. Müsli) (pronounced /ˈmjuːzli/ or /ˈmuːzli/, in Switzerland [ˈmyəz̥li]) is a popular breakfast cereal based on uncooked rolled oats, fruit and nuts. It was developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital. It is available as a packaged dry form, or it can be made fresh.

People also add seeds and grated apple sometimes. :)

Bubba Dawg
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Muesli is a cereal hippie chicks eat. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to post and run yesterday but we had a full day here on The Island. Walked the beach. Rode bikes. Ate seafood.

I have a reeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww conncection.

But at least I have a wifi connection.

And yes, NJ, I saw the Kaboom Cedreal in Kill Bill. Loved that!!!:D

Rebel Yell
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Muesli is a cereal hippie chicks eat. :D

Basically, sticks and twigs.

Bubba Dawg
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Basically, sticks and twigs.

And rocks. They put rocks in it for minerals.

Small rocks. Makes it crunchy.

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 10:17 PM

SMELLY HIPPY! :p You braid your armpit hair too don't ya! :p

RobJohnson
11-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Kashi? what are you a hippy???

It's good stuff.....try it!

djones520
11-16-2010, 01:25 AM
I eat a good bit. It makes good snack food here. Honey Nut Cheerios and Fruit Loops are what I usually eat here. At home, Banana Nut Crunch, or Blue Berry Morning will be my usual favorite.

Gingersnap
11-16-2010, 09:45 AM
SMELLY HIPPY! :p You braid your armpit hair too don't ya! :p

I might if I had any armpit hair. What kind of women do you spend time with? :p

Bubba Dawg
11-16-2010, 10:22 AM

What makes you think Poli spends time with any women? :confused:

PoliCon
11-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Not smelly muesli eating arm pit hair braiding hippy women. :p