PDA

View Full Version : Full Frontal Nudity Doesnít Make Us Safer: Abolish the TSA

megimoo
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM
SCANS, HANDS OR FINES

Full Frontal Nudity Doesnít Make Us Safer: Abolish the TSA

The Republicans control the House of Representatives and are bracing for a long battle over the Presidentís health care proposal. In the spirit of bipartisanship and sanity, I propose that the first thing on the chopping block should be an ineffective organization that wastes money, violates our rights, and encourages us to make decisions that imperil our safety. Iím talking about the Transportation Security Administration.

Bipartisan support should be immediate. For fiscal conservatives, itís hard to come up with a more wasteful agency than the TSA. For privacy advocates, eliminating an organization that requires you to choose between a nude body scan or genital groping in order to board a plane should be a no-brainer.

But wonít that compromise safety? I doubt it. The airlines have enormous sums of money riding on passenger safety, and the notion that a government bureaucracy has better incentives to provide safe travels than airlines with billions of dollars worth of capital and goodwill on the line strains credibility. This might be beside the point: in 2003, William Anderson incisively argued that some of the steps that airlines (and passengers) would have needed to take to prevent the 9/11 disaster probably would have been illegal.

http://blogs.forbes.com/artcarden/2010/11/14/full-frontal-nudity-doesnt-make-us-safer-abolish-the-tsa/

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Like has been mentioned elsewhere - the Israeli get the job done and do so without inconveniencing most passengers.

m00
11-15-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm completely with you on this megimoo. The full body scanners are absolutely criminal. I'm done flying until it gets sorted out.

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm completely with you on this megimoo. The full body scanners are absolutely criminal. I'm done flying until it gets sorted out.

Just due like the guy in cali - tell em if they touch your junk you're gonna sue.

Articulate_Ape
11-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Just due like the guy in cali - tell em if they touch your junk you're gonna sue.

Due? What dew you teach again? :p

Kay
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't have any problem with walking through the nudy scanners.
It seems like that would make the lines go a whole lot faster. And I just
can't believe that a person sitting for hours viewing thousands of nekked
scans daily would have the slightest interest in seeing anyone's junk.
Ever again.

I wonder with this technology now out there, if the CIA James Bond types
have regular looking glasses now that can do a nude scan of people they
encounter. Just think if Jack Bauer had a pair and could instantly assess
what he's up against hidden on others in the room up front. :cool:

PoliCon
11-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Due? What dew you teach again? :p

You don't like how I spell? :p

AmPat
11-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I want a full scan with an opposite sex groping thrown in. I got rights you know?

Wei Wu Wei
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't have any problem with walking through the nudy scanners.
It seems like that would make the lines go a whole lot faster. And I just
can't believe that a person sitting for hours viewing thousands of nekked
scans daily would have the slightest interest in seeing anyone's junk.
Ever again.

I wonder with this technology now out there, if the CIA James Bond types
have regular looking glasses now that can do a nude scan of people they
encounter. Just think if Jack Bauer had a pair and could instantly assess
what he's up against hidden on others in the room up front. :cool:

With any normal ass digital camera and a few bucks you can make your own infrared camera that can see through thin synthetic clothing.

AmPat
11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
With any normal ass digital camera and a few bucks you can make your own infrared camera that can see through thin synthetic clothing.

To be clear; the camera has to be an "ass" camera and can only see through "thin synthetic" clothing?
Is this something Walmart sells?

Bailey
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
I want a full scan with an opposite sex groping thrown in. I got rights you know?

I have no problem with a female giving me a search :)

My luck it will be helga. :(

AmPat
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I have no problem with a female giving me a search :)

My luck it will be helga. :(

Yeah, picturing a Nanny McPhee with Cankles. The female version of the Gimp. The actress from Throw Momma from The Train, or horror of horrors, a liberal hag like Janet Reno or Napolitano.
Rosie
Joy
Whoopie
Hillary
:(
"I'll take the fag Alex.":o

Molon Labe
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
good thread Megimoo.

Google the pilot that refused to go through this crap and got fired. He had worked as a pilot for years for the company and refused the scanner.

It wasn't like he couldn't just crash the plane himself if he wanted to.

megimoo
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
good thread Megimoo.

Google the pilot that refused to go through this crap and got fired. He had worked as a pilot for years for the company and refused the scanner.

It wasn't like he couldn't just crash the plane himself if he wanted to.The heats on Nappie to give the pilots a pass.If they revolt the airlines are screwed !

Calypso Jones
11-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I hear scans are out in the public. TSA...bunch of sorry sick bastrads.

Nubs
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM
While this may be needed for security, why the hell don't they apply this technique to the demographic of highest probability???

I know the standard answer, but for F's sake, why subject the entire population to searches when we damn well know the segment of the population we are looking for???