PDA

View Full Version : Half-Ton Woman Indicted in Toddler's Death

bijou
08-22-2008, 05:09 PM
EDINBURG, Texas A grand jury indicted a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman Thursday in the death of her 2-year-old nephew.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, was indicted on one count of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. Rosales previously had been charged with capital murder.

The grand jury indicted her after a full autopsy confirmed investigators' suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck. Investigators believe the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing his head.

Authorities recommended Rosales' bond be set at $150,000.

The boy's mother Jaime Rosales, was charged earlier with injury to a child because she allegedly left her son alone with his aunt. Her bond has been set at $100.000.

Prosecutors have to work out how Mayra Rosales will be detained and prosecuted because she weighs nearly 1,000 pounds. She is unable to fit through a door to leave her home. As of Thursday evening, she was not in custody.

...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408609,00.html

LogansPapa
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Did she eat the kid? :eek:

biccat
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
This is certainly a whale of a case.

LibraryLady
08-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Morbidly obese Texas woman can't be jailed in murder of 2-year-old nephew (http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/morbidly-obese-texas-woman-can.html)

Hidalgo County officials face a new problem now that a grand jury has indicted a La Joya, Texas, woman in the death of her 2-year-old nephew: how to detain and prosecute the 800-pound, bedridden woman.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales (right), 27, faces one count of first-degree murder and one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. The toddler died March 18 after being struck at least twice in the head, investigators say.

Police have not been able to take Ms. Rosales into custody ...

... because she can't fit through a door to leave her home.

The local sheriff says the woman needs extensive medical care, so jail isn't an option anyway.

"She would die," Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said in Thursday's online edition of The Monitor in McAllen.

Now there's an excuse:mad:

bijou
08-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Morbidly obese Texas woman can't be jailed in murder of 2-year-old nephew (http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/morbidly-obese-texas-woman-can.html)

Now there's an excuse:mad:

Pitiful isn't it? I suggest evicting the other residents and having someone guard the door to make sure no one gets in, then supply her with 3 nutritious and sensible meals a day and let nature take its course, soon enough she'll be able to get through the door.

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Pitiful isn't it? I suggest evicting the other residents and having someone guard the door to make sure no one gets in, then supply her with 3 nutritious and sensible meals a day and let nature take its course, soon enough she'll be able to get through the door.

A liquid diet, maybe.

bijou
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
A liquid diet, maybe.

That would just give the professional whiners something to complain about. At that weight she'd soon lose weight on a normal intake of calories of 2000-2500 calories, no need for a special diet.

MstrBlue
08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Let her take part in the trial by telephone.
As for the incarceration, it seems like she has already taken care of that...
Remove her telephone after trial, install bars on the windows/doors, and imprison her right where she is!
In my own opinion, it could save a lot of taxpayer $$ that would have to be spent to outfit a traditional prison cell to handle her presence.

What I am curious about, is the statement that the child had been struck, crushing his head...
Struck with WHAT????
And, by whom?
If this woman struck him with even the slightest anger, it occurs to me that with her... above-average size, an impact from her hand would hit like a side of beef!
The other, more gruesome thought, is that this child was not struck at all, but was accidently crushed by his aunt's oversized body, and the story of his being struck is a cover to avoid further emotional trauma in an already traumatic situation.

Gingersnap
08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
IIRC, she originally claimed that she had accidentally crushed the child but the autopsy revealed injuries that weren't consistent with that. Apparently the tyke was hit with much more force. :(

Jumpy
08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, she already is a prisoner in her own home. If I were King, I would allow her to stay in her home, and she would be given the prison food diet. That would be punishment, for sure. She would eventually lose enough weight to allow her to be imprisoned for her crime.

OwlMBA
08-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Nice name. I am sure she is an illegal and living off of welfare and medicaid.

AmPat
08-23-2008, 08:14 AM
This is a HUGE problem.

LibraryLady
08-23-2008, 09:12 AM
In these situations I always wonder about their enabler. Someone had to buy, bring and cook all the garbage that made this woman that huge. How do you rationalize it?

Teetop
08-23-2008, 10:45 AM
This thread is worthless without a pic.

linda22003
08-23-2008, 11:01 AM
This thread is worthless without a pic.

Here's a good one.

http://www.dfordog.com/funnies/lost_puppy.jpg

Teetop
08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Here's a good one.

http://www.dfordog.com/funnies/lost_puppy.jpg

Oh. My. God! LMFAO!

Thanks Linda. I now want to claw my eyes out with a spork. :D

FlaGator
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
A liquid diet, maybe.

Industrial liposuction.

FlaGator
08-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, she already is a prisoner in her own home. If I were King, I would allow her to stay in her home, and she would be given the prison food diet. That would be punishment, for sure. She would eventually lose enough weight to allow her to be imprisoned for her crime.

Brick her in and feed her through a slot in the wall. Worked for Elizabeth Bathory.

Odysseus
08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Brick her in and feed her through a slot in the wall. Worked for Elizabeth Bathory.

Okay, the question we all wanted to ask, but since Johnny Carson is no longer with us, I'll do it:

How fat is she...?

FlaGator
08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Okay, the question we all wanted to ask, but since Johnny Carson is no longer with us, I'll do it:

How fat is she...?

She is so fat that she has to wake up in sections.

LogansPapa
08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
She's so fat she receives her mail in two zip codes.:eek:

Odysseus
08-24-2008, 10:38 AM

How fat is she...?

Got to keep this going:

She's so fat that she has her own zip code.

Zathras
08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
She's so fat that....

When she walks out to get her mail, it measures on the Richter scale.

She's got more chins than Chinatown.

Down at the beach she's a lucky woman...she's the only one who gets a tan.

FlaGator
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
She's so fat that....

When she walks out to get her mail, it measures on the Richter scale.

She's got more chins than Chinatown.

Down at the beach she's a lucky woman...she's the only one who gets a tan.

She is so fat

that her double chins make her look like she's staring at you over a stack of pancakes.

Lanie
08-24-2008, 04:20 PM
While I would never trust my child to somebody that out of shape, I don't think the boy's mother should be charged. That's a lack of judgement. The death of her child is enough punishment. She's having to deal with enough.

LibraryLady
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
While I would never trust my child to somebody that out of shape, I don't think the boy's mother should be charged. That's a lack of judgement. The death of her child is enough punishment. She's having to deal with enough.

The toddler's mother, Jaime Rosales, was charged earlier with injury to a child in the case, because she allegedly left him alone with his aunt, in violation of an agreement she had previously signed with Child Protective Services. Rosales apparently was not considered an appropriate babysitter for the boy because she was physically unable to take care of him.
http://www.abajournal.com/news/hefty_challenge_how_to_prosecute_an_ailing_1000_po und_woman

Hidalgo County's district attorney tells Fox 26 he is trying to figure out where to detain Rosales while the case develops.

He says the county jail can't accommodate a person of her size, so taxpayers will have to pay at least $1,000 a day to house her in a Rio Grande Valley hospital. It cost $40 per day to house inmates at the county jail.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7267445&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

wilbur
08-24-2008, 07:54 PM
She is so fat

that her double chins make her look like she's staring at you over a stack of pancakes.

She is so fat...

when she fell in love, she broke it.