PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ Premiere Draws 5 Million, Breaks TLC Ratings Record

Hawkgirl
11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ Premiere Draws 5 Million, Breaks TLC Ratings Record
By Alex Weprin on November 15, 2010 2:01 PM

The ratings are in, and it looks like “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” is a hit. TLC says nearly 5 million total viewers tuned in to the premiere of the series.

In case you haven’t seen our previous coverage, “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” is a documentary series from producer Mark Burnett and starring former Alaska governor and Fox News Channel contributor Sarah Palin.

TLC says 4.96 million total viewers tuned in, including 1.8 million adults 25-54, and 1.6 million adults 18-49, two of the network’s key demos. That is the best premiere in network history with regards to total viewers, beating the 2003 debut of “What Not to Wear.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/sarah-palins-alaska-premiere-draws-5-million-breaks-tlc-ratings-record_b39794

:D DUmmies aren't going to like this!

I watched it last night....it was okay.

NJCardFan
11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I saw on Beck today that some group run by Soros tried to compel TLC to not show her show because it was bad for bears. Epic fail as usual.

Odysseus
11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I saw on Beck today that some group run by Soros tried to compel TLC to not show her show because it was bad for bears. Epic fail as usual.

That's okay. Soros is bad for America.

PoliCon
11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Seriously - why hasn't someone taken him out by now?

Gingersnap
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Did anyone watch this? I have fond feelings for Palin but if you've seen one bear or pine tree - you've seen them all so I skipped it. Was it any good?

Rockntractor
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Did anyone watch this? I have fond feelings for Palin but if you've seen one bear or pine tree - you've seen them all so I skipped it. Was it any good?

The first episode was interesting but I'm not sure it will hold my interest for very long.
I said that about Huckabee's program on Fox news but I'm still watching it every week, it's nice to watch something where they don't say penis or vagina every third sentence!

Adam Wood
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Did anyone watch this? I have fond feelings for Palin but if you've seen one bear or pine tree - you've seen them all so I skipped it. Was it any good?I thought it was pretty good. You get both some great videography (really great shots of bears and cubs pretty close up) and you also get a neat feel for what life is like up there. Judging from the previews, it doesn't look like they're going to show the same bears and pine trees over and over again week after week, but instead will be off showing something different next week.

I figure if it's new and fresh next week, then it's probably worth watching. Otherwise, it will probably wither on the vine before week 8.

linda22003
11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Seriously - why hasn't someone taken him out by now?

What do you mean, date him or assassinate him? What is the justification for either one?

obx
11-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I watched. It was pretty good.