PDA

View Full Version : Hillary gets stiffed

Cold Warrior
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
This is not good for Obama. CNN is playing it big, with both Carville and Begalia saying that this will give the PUMAs more momentum and ammunition going into the convention. Carville, who is restraining himself, is saying that not only did he not consider HRC, but he didn't even do her the courtesy of asking her advice regarding a VP.

Hillary gets stiffed
By MIKE ALLEN | 8/22/08 4:27 PM EST
Updated: 8/22/08 4:27 PM EST

There’s one Democrat who would seem to have little or no chance of being picked by Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) to be his running mate – his former opponent, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.).

But it’s not for the reason you think.

Obama has often said, most recently on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on July 27, that Clinton “would be on anybody’s short list.”

But apparently not his.

“She was never vetted,” a Democratic official reported. “She was not asked for a single piece of paper. She and Senator Obama have never had a single conversation about it. How would he know if she’d take it?”

The official also said Clinton never met with Obama’s vetting team of Eric Holder and Caroline Kennedy.

And the official said she was never asked for medical records or for any financial 2008 information about her or former President Bill Clinton. The last information the couple has disclosed about taxes and financial holdings was for 2007.

More... (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12713.html)

biccat
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I didn't believe the title when I first saw this. But I suppose if you're using the phrase as an analogy, it makes sense.

LogansPapa
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Oh shit - I thought this thread would be about some blind and deaf virgin Russian dude, with no sense of smell and a death wish actually banging Vagzilla!

Nevermind. :cool:

megimoo
08-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I didn't believe the title when I first saw this. But I suppose if you're using the phrase as an analogy, it makes sense.Who in their right mind would ?Oh never mind !

Elspeth
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh shit - I thought this thread would be about some blind and deaf virgin Russian dude, with no sense of smell and a death wish actually banging Vagzilla!

Nevermind. :cool:

You're the resident lefty, right?

You sound like it.

lacarnut
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I am hoping that Obama does not pick her because I think that's the only chance he has a chance to win. Obama and Hillary do not like eachother. She would only occasionally stab him in the back as VP. However, that would be tame compared to their spouses who would be at eachothers throats 24/7.

The Clintons will play nice at the convention and act like all is well but you can bet they will be pulling for McCain to win so that she can run in 2012.

Goldwater
08-22-2008, 07:05 PM
The Clintons will play nice at the convention and act like all is well but you can bet they will be pulling for McCain to win so that she can run in 2012.

Did Ted Kennedy run after Carter was voted out?

If he didn't win it would damage her and she knows it.

Sonnabend
08-22-2008, 08:25 PM
She hates him, and vice versa, There is no way in hell Obama can trust her, she has her own agenda and this comes as no surprise.

LP having fantasies about Hillary Clinton......ewwwwwwwww.:eek:

lacarnut
08-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Did Ted Kennedy run after Carter was voted out?

If he didn't win it would damage her and she knows it.

Kennedy never had a shot at getting the nomination. Hillary will get the nomination either in 012 or 016. Big difference between the two.

McCain defeating Obama will enhance her chances the next time around. She will say, I told everyone Obama was unelectable; vote for me. I can beat McCain, and she will win the nomination by a landslide.

megimoo
08-22-2008, 10:37 PM
You're the resident lefty, right?

You sound like it.That's resident California Half Witt lefty,his two siblings,Woodsey and EyePuss handle the residuals !

megimoo
08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
She hates him, and vice versa, There is no way in hell Obama can trust her, she has her own agenda and this comes as no surprise.

LP having fantasies about Hillary Clinton......ewwwwwwwww.:eek:He's living his dream of a night of heavy breathing with Hillary !

buck
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
All signs point to Clinton as VP. Which I also think is the only chance Obama has, so I hope I'm wrong.

It's been confirmed that it's not Kaine or Bayh.. Which only leaves Biden out of the main three. That obviously wouldn't be a surprise, so we know it's not Biden.

They "leaked" the news that Clinton wasn't even vetted - which may or may not be true... Regardless, she doesn't need it.

enslaved1
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Obama knews he would only be in office about six months before he earned another national first, the first black president to be assassinated. That's why she was never asked. Heck Hillary could have theoretically scored three terms that way couldn't she? One replacing Obama and two more if elected?

Eyelids
08-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Obama knews he would only be in office about six months before he earned another national first, the first black president to be assassinated. That's why she was never asked. Heck Hillary could have theoretically scored three terms that way couldn't she? One replacing Obama and two more if elected?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

More calls for Obama to be killed on CU! The class on this site is just too much.

megimoo
08-23-2008, 11:54 AM

More calls for Obama to be killed on CU! The class on this site is just too much.Good, then you should pack up your silly ass and fly away !

hampshirebrit
08-23-2008, 01:42 PM

More calls for Obama to be killed on CU! The class on this site is just too much.

For god's sake...

That was not a call for Obama to be killed, or was it incitement for any such act. You are reading way too much into a post that made no such call.

For the avoidance of doubt, inciting or threatening the assassination of a presidential candidate is against federal law, regardless of the media used.

I can assure you that if any poster were to make such an incitement here, the post would be first archived, then deleted and then very likely the relevent authorities would provided with details of the post and the poster's IP address.

The post by enslaved1 clearly does not, in any way, meet the criteria for such sanctions.

Eyelids, stop bleating. Stop being a drama queen. If you don't like CU, there is nothing at all holding you here.

JB
08-23-2008, 05:10 PM

More calls for Obama to be killed on CU! The class on this site is just too much.Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking.

GrumpyOldLady
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Hillary and Obama hate each other. Michelle hates Hillary (it's so obvious) and I'm sure she wouldn't allow her hubby to take Hillary as VP. Obama didn't bother giving Hillary the vetting papers to fill out. She was never in consideration.

I can't stand Hillary but by golly she'd be a better President then Obama.

The dems really screwed up this time.

Worse then when they voted Carter in.

enslaved1
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM

Rest assured, oh great master of ignorance, there was no call in my post for Obama's death. I was referencing the long list of dead and missing people who have gotten in the way of or become inconveniences for the Hillary power machine, and that being a major factor in her not being considered for the VP. Sorry if the reference went over your head. Would you like me to use smaller words next time?

Eyelids, stop bleating. Stop being a drama queen. If you don't like CU, there is nothing at all holding you here.

My assumption has been that what is holding Lids here is the admin's refusal to ban him, which what he's bucking for so he can return to whatever echo chamber he frequents and score points for a story about how he decimated another stupid fascist site and was thrown out for his genius destruction of all their evil rhetoric.

hampshirebrit
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
My assumption has been that what is holding Lids here is the admin's refusal to ban him, which what he's bucking for so he can return to whatever echo chamber he frequents and score points for a story about how he decimated another stupid fascist site and was thrown out for his genius destruction of all their evil rhetoric.

There is no "refusal to ban" Blinky on the admin's part. In fact, Blinky has had a recent well earned t/o, for stupidity.

When Blinky breaks the rules, Blinky shall be TOd or banned, the which of these being dependent on the severity of the offense.

While he can be an annoying little fellow, of dubious provenence, Blinky actually still provides a certain amount of entertainment value here, by constantly allowing himself to be pwned by other members.

enslaved1
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
There is no "refusal to ban" Blinky on the admin's part. In fact, Blinky has had a recent well earned t/o, for stupidity.

When Blinky breaks the rules, Blinky shall be TOd or banned, the which of these being dependent on the severity of the offense.

While he can be an annoying little fellow, of dubious provenence, Blinky actually still provides a certain amount of entertainment value here, by constantly allowing himself to be pwned by other members.

No offense was intended to our illustrious staff. Lids has just long given the impression that his sole purpose here is to stir the pot in an unintelligent way (unlike our more intelligent pot stirrers), tick people off and get banned, like it's some kind of Liberal Scouts of America badge to earn and wear to Moonbat lodge meetings. I assumed the mods realized it, and aren't giving him the satisfaction.

He was entertaining, but the same joke gets really old after a while, ya know it?