PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher, Michael Moore explain election results.

djones520
11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Wag the Dog

Two well-known liberal commentators are blaming Americans in general and whites in particular for the Democratic falloff in the midterm elections.

HBO host Bill Maher made a canine comparison saying -- quote -- "America is like a dog. I'm sorry, but it is. It cannot understand actual words. It understands inflection. It understands fear. But you can't actually explain issues to a dog."

Filmmaker Michael Moore said -- quote -- "White America does not like having a black president. That's just the sad truth."

In a separate interview, Moore had advice for President Obama, saying -- quote -- "The conservative Democrats, the majority of them, were booted out. The liberals won. [President Obama] should take this country in the progressive direction that he was elected to take it in."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/transcript/bill-maher-michael-moore-explain-election-results

Asides from the obvious about this... I was expecting to hear a lot about what Moore said. The Liberal Dems stayed in office, while the Moderates got kicked out. It's going to empower the nutbags like him, and the DU'ers who believe that think America needs to go further left.

But there are two points about this that they need to pull their heads out of the sand for.

1. When your democratic candidate isn't blue enough for your tastes, you don't elect someone even further to the right in protest. Thats just so retardedly asinine to think.

2. Those liberals who stayed in office, like Rangel, are buried in districts so gerrymandered to protect them that they can probably be found with two dead children in their closet and still get re-elected by a comfortable margin.

So, Mr. Moore, you are dead wrong. And I challenge anyone who thinks like this to explain otherwise.

NJCardFan
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
White America does not like having a black president.
:rolleyes:

PoliCon
11-16-2010, 12:46 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/transcript/bill-maher-michael-moore-explain-election-results

Asides from the obvious about this... I was expecting to hear a lot about what Moore said. The Liberal Dems stayed in office, while the Moderates got kicked out. It's going to empower the nutbags like him, and the DU'ers who believe that think America needs to go further left.

But there are two points about this that they need to pull their heads out of the sand for.

1. When your democratic candidate isn't blue enough for your tastes, you don't elect someone even further to the right in protest. Thats just so retardedly asinine to think.

2. Those liberals who stayed in office, like Rangel, are buried in districts so gerrymandered to protect them that they can probably be found with two dead children in their closet and still get re-elected by a comfortable margin.

So, Mr. Moore, you are dead wrong. And I challenge anyone who thinks like this to explain otherwise.

The blessing being that the GOP won a great number of governorships and state legislators and with this being a census year - guess who's going to be drawing up the redistricting maps in the next couple of years :)

AmPat
11-16-2010, 01:06 AM
The same electorate that elected the Black president is now being blamed for not liking a Black president. DUmmy logic at its finest.

ralph wiggum
11-16-2010, 09:50 AM
The liberals won. [President Obama] should take this country in the progressive direction that he was elected to take it in."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: