PDA

View Full Version : Thought of the day...

RobJohnson
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Post what is on your mind, funny or serious...

Ok, I will go first:

I was disappointed to find out the Hollywood cookie diet did not include Nestle's Toll House Cookies.....

Gingersnap
11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd like to say that my thoughts revolve around World Peace or something but actually I'm toying with my Thanksgiving Day menu.

RobJohnson
11-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I'd like to say that my thoughts revolve around World Peace or something but actually I'm toying with my Thanksgiving Day menu.

Due to my mom's health we have no plans for the day. I might roast a turkey breast on the grill, make some stuffing and potatoes, thaw a pie and call it dinner...

"It's not the menu that counts, it's the people you share it with"

Bubba Dawg
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Pull out under the light.

If you don't pull out under the light you will never get the left turn....

...and I am behind you.

Thanks for listening. Please tell everyone.

noonwitch
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking about the hot-looking guy whose cubicle is down the aisle from me.

Gingersnap
11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking about the hot-looking guy whose cubicle is down the aisle from me.

We need some detail here. :cool:

megimoo
11-16-2010, 12:08 PM

If you don't pull out under the light you will never get the left turn....

...and I am behind you.

Thanks for listening. Please tell everyone.An early tipple ?

noonwitch
11-16-2010, 12:58 PM
We need some detail here. :cool:

I think of him way too much. He's tall, dark and handsome, with pretty green eyes. I've been bringing him homemade goodies, trying to catch his attention before he retires.

Gingersnap
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I think of him way too much. He's tall, dark and handsome, with pretty green eyes. I've been bringing him homemade goodies, trying to catch his attention before he retires.

Divorced? Widowed? Any kids? Work with me here.

Rebel Yell
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Why is it that I eat corn, chew it up really good, then have whole kernels in my poop?Deep Thoughts by Rebel Yell

noonwitch
11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Divorced? Widowed? Any kids? Work with me here.

Single, no kids, owns his own house and both of his parents died in the last year. He went to college in my hometown, although he graduated about 6 years before I graduated from HS. None of that matters once both parties are over 40, anyways.

He plays golf, something I don't do-although I did tell him the last time I played anything close to golf, I hit the ball through little windmills and buildings. He told me his inseam size, if that helps any.

I even tested racist grandpa about it by asking him what he would think if I dated a really nice light-skinned black guy if said guy could get me to give up smoking. Grandpa pretended his hearing aide wasn't working.

Odysseus
11-16-2010, 08:28 PM
TOTD: I've been working this exercise for sixteen days and we've had over a dozen changes to the shift schedule in the TAC. Our OPS Sergeant Major is in serious need of a hobby.

He told me his inseam size, if that helps any.

Only if he lets you check the measurement. :D

Kay
11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
What kind of man reveals his inseam size before being properly engaged! :eek:
I'd be careful there Noonwitch.

I am thinking about how there are only 6 weeks left in the year 2010, and
I've about 3 mos worth of projects to get finished before the end of the year.

Hawkgirl
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking about my vacation next week to spend Thanksgiving with my family in New York. I had a helluva day at work dealing with my boss' mood swings.

Bubba Dawg
11-16-2010, 09:07 PM
An early tipple ?

:D

No. This is a very very very long term pet peeve of mine. People who won't pull out under the green traffic signal to get the left turn just slay me. :mad:

vent over..... :D

Odysseus
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm thinking about my vacation next week to spend Thanksgiving with my family in New York. I had a helluva day at work dealing with my boss' mood swings.

Where in NY? I used to love Thanksgiving in NYC, especially since that was when the big department stores set up their Christmas displays in their windows.

RobJohnson
11-17-2010, 12:50 AM

I can relate to the mood swing part....I love being treated like shit at work by the person in charge!

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Single, no kids, owns his own house and both of his parents died in the last year. He went to college in my hometown, although he graduated about 6 years before I graduated from HS. None of that matters once both parties are over 40, anyways.

He plays golf, something I don't do-although I did tell him the last time I played anything close to golf, I hit the ball through little windmills and buildings. He told me his inseam size, if that helps any.

I even tested racist grandpa about it by asking him what he would think if I dated a really nice light-skinned black guy if said guy could get me to give up smoking. Grandpa pretended his hearing aide wasn't working.

Why hasn't he been married? What church does he go to? Is he fat? Do you like his friends?

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Why hasn't he been married? What church does he go to? Is he fat? Do you like his friends?

He's definitely not fat, he's pretty skinny. He needs to eat, and I am an excellent cook. I don't know if he goes to church or not, but his family is baptist and he went to a catholic college. I only know a few of his friends, but they are people I like and respect.

He and one of my best friends (who is happily married) have known each other forever. She gives a good reference.

I don't know why he's never been married. I think he was a playa when he was younger.

RobJohnson
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Thought of the day, inspired by this thread:

Love is in the air.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:41 AM
He's definitely not fat, he's pretty skinny. He needs to eat, and I am an excellent cook. I don't know if he goes to church or not, but his family is baptist and he went to a catholic college. I only know a few of his friends, but they are people I like and respect.

He and one of my best friends (who is happily married) have known each other forever. She gives a good reference.

I don't know why he's never been married. I think he was a playa when he was younger.

You need to quiz your friend on the marriage issue. What does he want to do in retirement? Does he do anything else besides golf? Does he have a good sense of humor? :D

RobJohnson
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
You need to quiz your friend on the marriage issue. What does he want to do in retirement? Does he do anything else besides golf? Does he have a good sense of humor? :D

Good things to know, will noonwitch be able to retire early and travel full time...? She can hang out at the beach while he plays golf...

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 12:59 PM

He has a good sense of humor, but the rest of it will have to wait until there is something more happening than a few conversations and my private lustful fantasies.

After all, he may have told me his inseam size, but he hasn't exactly asked me what my bra size is! Or can guys pretty much guess that without asking?

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Why is it that I eat corn, chew it up really good, then have whole kernels in my poop?Deep Thoughts by Rebel Yell

Why the hell do people stare at their poop? Seriously - wipe your ass and just flush. - deep thoughts by Policon

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
He has a good sense of humor, but the rest of it will have to wait until there is something more happening than a few conversations and my private lustful fantasies.

After all, he may have told me his inseam size, but he hasn't exactly asked me what my bra size is! Or can guys pretty much guess that without asking?

I'm generally accurate to within an inch or two . . . :D

megimoo
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Why hasn't he been married? What church does he go to? Is he fat? Do you like his friends?Just how old is this dude.He's either very thrifty or is very shy and doesn't care much for females.
Maybe he spent his life living at home and he inherited the house. Green eyes are wasted on a man.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 04:27 PM

LOL! You mean you're waiting for him to discover his inner lust for you? Interesting concept. I always took a more proactive approach. :p

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 04:54 PM
LOL! You mean you're waiting for him to discover his inner lust for you? Interesting concept. I always took a more proactive approach. :p

I'm shy about men, especially when I do find them really attractive. I can talk to young guys, who I know aren't interested in me, or married guys, who better not be interested in me.

I've also been busy working, which doesn't leave a lot of time for flirting. I invited him to Thanksgiving, but my sister is changing the plans so I don't know if that is going to work, anyway. I make tins of Christmas cookies for a lot of my coworkers, and his name is on the list. I'm also having a Christmas party and am inviting some coworkers, including him, and the invite will have my phone number on it.

Megs-I'm a 46 year old spinster. I can't expect a guy my age not to have a past, just because I don't have one. But I appreciate your fatherly concern.

I got to go. I've got to get home and then get to church.

Big Guy
11-17-2010, 06:33 PM
My thought of the day?

How many times must I say,........ "Don't sharpen the ink pens!"?

Madisonian
11-17-2010, 07:21 PM
:D

No. This is a very very very long term pet peeve of mine. People who won't pull out under the green traffic signal to get the left turn just slay me. :mad:

vent over..... :D

Just an FYI...
If you are in the left turn lane and pull into the intersection when the light turns, you can be ticketed for blocking the intersection. You can guess how I know this.
The reason is that it can block the intersection if an emergency vehicle needs to go through.

So if you are behind me, sorry, but I am not moving until I can turn. 2 points and $150 fine and costs are not worth the 15 feet.

Odysseus
11-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm shy about men, especially when I do find them really attractive. I can talk to young guys, who I know aren't interested in me, or married guys, who better not be interested in me.

I've also been busy working, which doesn't leave a lot of time for flirting. I invited him to Thanksgiving, but my sister is changing the plans so I don't know if that is going to work, anyway. I make tins of Christmas cookies for a lot of my coworkers, and his name is on the list. I'm also having a Christmas party and am inviting some coworkers, including him, and the invite will have my phone number on it.

Megs-I'm a 46 year old spinster. I can't expect a guy my age not to have a past, just because I don't have one. But I appreciate your fatherly concern.

I got to go. I've got to get home and then get to church.

Wear a devastating outfit the day before Thanksgiving (you can justify it as going to some special event) and strike up a conversation with him. If you take the time to make yourself look hot, you'll feel hot, and it will raise your confidence level. You won't really be flirting, so much as just letting him see you at your best, and nobody will say anything about it if you have a good cover story. Also, if he lingers, you'll be able to gauge his interest, and if he doesn't, then you can adjust your fantasies accordingly.

Trust me. I'm a good tactician. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Just an FYI...
If you are in the left turn lane and pull into the intersection when the light turns, you can be ticketed for blocking the intersection. You can guess how I know this.
The reason is that it can block the intersection if an emergency vehicle needs to go through.

So if you are behind me, sorry, but I am not moving until I can turn. 2 points and $150 fine and costs are not worth the 15 feet.

Aw man. I count on the light changing to get my left turn. :eek: