PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Rangel guilty on 11 counts!

Apocalypse
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101115/capt.885f235276ec415ab1a0b7bd0bbc99c8-885f235276ec415ab1a0b7bd0bbc99c8-0.jpg?x=220&y=345&q=85&sig=IDeZy8SS67HZNGo7IdudLg--

House ethics panel: Rep. Rangel violated rules

WASHINGTON A House ethics panel has found Democratic Rep. Charles Rangel of New York guilty on 11 counts of breaking House rules.

The full ethics committee will next conduct a hearing on the appropriate punishment for the former chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. The committee will then make a recommendation to the House.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101116/ap_on_go_co/us_rangel_ethics_trial

NJCardFan
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
That was a kangaroo court. He won't even get a slap on the wrist. I guarantee it.

megimoo
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
That was a kangaroo court. He won't even get a slap on the wrist. I guarantee it.Just a little kiss and a pat on the ass for both he and Waters !Pelosi needs the black caucus on her side .

Apocalypse
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Maybe, but with this in the publics eye, they may be forced to bring it to the full house vote. Else face voter wrath in 2 years worse then they already have seen.

AmPat
11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
RACISTS!:rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe, but with this in the publics eye, they may be forced to bring it to the full house vote. Else face voter wrath in 2 years worse then they already have seen.

They just don't get it. Princess Pelosi still thinks she's done a good job. They're only doing it now so he can get by with no punishment and not have to face a very changed Congress in 2011.

They're disgusting and have no sense of shame or justice. I hope they make me eat my words, but not counting on it.

Odysseus
11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
They won't do anything but censure him, which means nothing. He was reelected and will continue to be reelected by his rotten burrough, and the same will happen to Waters. What really needs to happen is a referral to the Justice Department for prosecution (not that Holder will do anything), followed by oversight by Issa, who has the authority to investigate the investigators.

AmPat
11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
They won't do anything but censure him, which means nothing. He was reelected and will continue to be reelected by his rotten burrough, and the same will happen to Waters. What really needs to happen is a referral to the Justice Department for prosecution (not that Holder will do anything), followed by oversight by Issa, who has the authority to investigate the investigators.

They elect him becaus ehe brings in the pork,, in the name of Rangel of course. Cut his pork and they'll have a belly full of this moron. Rangel touts 50 years of service? More like 50 years of robbing the taxpayers.

Hawkgirl
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
It's corruption like this that makes the public so distrustful of politicians.

Odysseus
11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
They elect him becaus ehe brings in the pork,, in the name of Rangel of course. Cut his pork and they'll have a belly full of this moron. Rangel touts 50 years of service? More like 50 years of robbing the taxpayers.

They elect him because he is the Democrat. A Republican running in Harlem has about as much chance og being elected as a Christian in Saudi Arabia. And the party ensures that any primary challenge is defeated before it gets out of the gate. As long as Rangel has a pulse, he will have that seat.

Kay
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Watching him just now moaning about how he was robbed of due process
just makes me want to puke. He'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. :mad:

Calypso Jones
11-16-2010, 10:58 PM
boy oh boy, Chollie's in trouble now. This is what's in store for HIM!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgoDa5oRSLQ&feature=player_embedded