PDA

View Full Version : Bad habits Wednesday!

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
We had a freak system whip through yesterday and do some damage to trees and light poles. It was a blizzard as I was leaving work and one of the parking lot lights hit the ground (no other damage). The snow storm lasted about 15 exciting minutes and the winds dropped. They did pick up again last night and I was only able to rescue door wreath through heroic measures. It should be cold, clear, and much less windy today.

TOTD: What are the annoying little habits that people around you have that drive you crazy? I'm not talking about smoking, drunken sex, or degenerate gambling. I mean stuff like gum-snapping, fidgeting, knuckle-cracking or whatever.

I used to work with a guy who sucked his knuckles under duress (which was all the time). The sound of it about drove me crazy.

ralph wiggum
11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I used to work with a guy who sucked his knuckles under duress (which was all the time). The sound of it about drove me crazy.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:30 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

It was some kind of habit related to hypractivity. This dude was over 50 but he was on Ritalin to improve his focus.

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Cold, windy and partly cloudy.

TOTD: I try not to get annoyed by other people's quirks, because I can be really bad about tapping or clicking my pen.

RobJohnson
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
It was some kind of habit related to hypractivity. This dude was over 50 but he was on Ritalin to improve his focus.

I think I seen an attorney's commercial on TV that said knuckle sucking was due to Ritalin, he can get in on the gorund floor of the class action. 1-800-BAD-DRUGS

It's a cool 40 outside with a high of 60...the roofers come tomorrow for my garage, HVAC instalation & stump grinders today, new carpet tomorrow....and somewhere I need to work in the home health nurse to recast my leg for the celluitis that is healing...anyone want to see a picture?

TOTD: Lazy people is about the only thing that bothers me.

jendf
11-17-2010, 12:26 PM
I have a co-worker who, at the slightest sniffle or cough, becomes an insufferable toddler. Moaning, groaning, long sighs, etc. Total attention whore. I'm great at ignoring her though. :D

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 01:05 PM
TOTD: well lets see . . . . I hate when people used "ignorant" when they mean "rude" . . . when people use "can I" when they mean "may I" . . . . . I call my kids on this all the time - especially when they come and ask: "can I go to the bathroom?" "I don't know. Can you? Are you potty trained? Do you have the skills required to go to the bathroom? Or should we have someone come in and change your pampers?"

OH AND - people who chew with their mouth open need to all be rounded up and shot!! :mad: