PDA

View Full Version : Gay coffins lift lid on new market

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Gay coffins lift lid on new market
Gay-themed coffin /Europics

Funeral directors in Germany are bidding for the pink pound - by launching coffins specially designed for gay customers.

http://i53.tinypic.com/dljpdi.jpg

The caskets feature homoerotic artwork on the outside and come with a series of tastefully luxurious plush designer interiors, say makers Mike Konigsfeld and Tom Brandl in Cologne, Germany.

The designers - who have lived together for more than 10 years - say the images of muscular young men in classical poses are the perfect way to send off a loved one.

"Naturally there were some people who threw their hands up in horror when we had them on display in the window but they are tasteful and beautiful - like our customers," explained Mike.

"People are cutting back in the recession but the one group of consumers who still have high spending power are gay couples and very few people are designing for them in this market," he added.

Orange News (http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Gay_coffins_lift_lid_on_new_market)

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I was hoping for more pictures at the link, of other "gay" coffins.

IMO art on a coffin is like an eagle painted on the hood of a Trans Am. It doesn't get you where you are going any faster than it did without the art, but you're out a few grand for it anyways.

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 12:48 PM

IMO art on a coffin is like an eagle painted on the hood of a Trans Am. It doesn't get you where you are going any faster than it did without the art, but you're out a few grand for it anyways.

eagle?? :rolleyes: Lady that be a phoenix. :p

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Orange News (http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Gay_coffins_lift_lid_on_new_market)

apparently they're big on these painted coffins over there in Europe . . . . :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
11-17-2010, 12:51 PM

The "Eagle" on the TA kicks ass.

Rebel Yell
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
apparently they're big on these painted coffins over there in Europe . . . . :rolleyes:

I can see you buried in one of these, if they cut a couple feet off the ends.;)

PoliCon
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I can see you buried in one of these, if they cut a couple feet off the ends.;)

pfft. as if. I already have a box all picked out. It's says NIKE on the side and everything. :p

megimoo
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM

IMO art on a coffin is like an eagle painted on the hood of a Trans Am. It doesn't get you where you are going any faster than it did without the art, but you're out a few grand for it anyways.Filled with a whole bunch of Dead Queer/Gays ? For shame,they'll take your Social Worker far Left Liberal/Progressive gay merit badge away .

megimoo
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I can see you buried in one of these, if they cut a couple feet off the ends.;)An old shoe box would be about the rightsize for out little pixie dust and it would make the tree Humpers happy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRfkPDlwps

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 01:40 PM
This kind of coffin art isn't new - it's been around for a while (mostly touting sports teams or movie/TV/music characters). What's interesting about this to me, is that the art that adorns your coffin must obviously express your deepest reflections about yourself.

I just think it's sad that for some people, their deepest passions seem to revolve around sports teams and fantasy sex.

Molon Labe
11-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Homoerotic coffins?

http://www.recoverygraphics.com/albums/funny_1/Cookie_Monster_What_The_Hell_Is_This_Crap.jpg

megimoo
11-17-2010, 02:07 PM
This kind of coffin art isn't new - it's been around for a while (mostly touting sports teams or movie/TV/music characters). What's interesting about this to me, is that the art that adorns your coffin must obviously express your deepest reflections about yourself.

I just think it's sad that for some people, their deepest passions seem to revolve around sports teams and fantasy sex.

They could bring back Indian Satī and hold a two for one with both of them inter twined in the box .
That could put an end to AID'S and clean up Folsom Street and most of San Francisco at the same time .

Or try this :Freeze Dried .Put an end to all of that Cremation smoke and save on the Gas bills .

Promession is an ecologically-conscious method for disposing of human remains by freeze drying. It was invented and patented[1] in 1999 by the Swedish biologist Susanne Wiigh-Mäsak.

The method is based on three steps:

1. Reducing the body of the deceased to a fine powder, thereby allowing subsequent decomposition to be aerobic.

This is achieved by submerging the body in liquid nitrogen, making the remains so brittle that they shatter into a powder as the result of slight vibrations.

The powder is then dried, reducing the deceased remains to around 30% of their original body weight.

2. Removing and recycling metals within the powdered remains.

3. Shallow-burying the powder in a biodegradable casket."Or Just Scatter it all over Barney at the next Gay Pride parade !"

........Dead Gays: All dressed up and nowhere to go !!

Articulate_Ape
11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Homoerotic coffins?

They're called "gaskets".

megimoo
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
They're called "gaskets".That's what they use when they have sex ?