PDA

View Full Version : The Royal wedding of Who Gives a Shit and Don't Give a Damn.

Rebel Yell
11-17-2010, 12:47 PM
It's been a day and a half, and I'm already tired of hearing about the "royal wedding". The bride is "adored" because the's seen as a "commoner". If millionaires are commoners, sign me up. Another inbred figurehead is getting married at the expense of the citizens, yay!!!

To our Brits, I can understand this being a big deal on your side of the pond. I'm speaking of the fascination with it over here.

jendf
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
The wedding will be spectacular. I admit I'll watch it if they televise it.

My mom and I got up in the middle of the night to watch Diana's funeral. I used to have a set of Princess Diana paper dolls.

While generally useless, there is something intriguing about the royal family.

ralph wiggum
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM

You must be one of those gawkers at car wrecks too.

Runs.........:p

linda22003
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
"Commoner" simply means non-royal. He didn't meet her at a 7-11 over a Slurpee.

He re-used his mom's ring. Cheap bastard. :p

jendf
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
You must be one of those gawkers at car wrecks too.

Runs.........:p

I don't watch them, I cause them. Er..wait. That didn't sound right. :D

noonwitch
11-17-2010, 01:25 PM
"Commoner" simply means non-royal. He didn't meet her at a 7-11 over a Slurpee.

He re-used his mom's ring. Cheap bastard. :p

I didn't necessarily think that it was cheap to use Diana's ring, I thought that considering his parents divorced, it was bad taste and maybe even a bit of a curse to use her ring.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I have absolutely no use for royalty but this is just an interesting spectacle and I will happily check in with it from time to time. British royal weddings are massive revenue generators for the island. If there is any taxpayer funding for this (and I have no idea if there is), it will be more than offset by the huge tourism opportunity.

I hope that the wedding will be followed by a couple of cute kids and that this will will allow the Queen to skip her doltish son and retire in favor of Wils. He seems quite a bit brighter than Charles will ever be.

linda22003
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
I didn't necessarily think that it was cheap to use Diana's ring, I thought that considering his parents divorced, it was bad taste and maybe even a bit of a curse to use her ring.

Definitely bad ju-ju, using a ring from a relationship that imploded so spectacularly.

Apocalypse
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Its the same as it was with Diana and Charles (SP?)

Its all a fairy tale idea. To me, its all fine, there is football to watch, as well as other things. The elections are over, and I can keep up on politics VIA the web, so it doesn't bug me.

Molon Labe
11-17-2010, 04:27 PM
The wedding will be spectacular. I admit I'll watch it if they televise it.

My mom and I got up in the middle of the night to watch Diana's funeral. I used to have a set of Princess Diana paper dolls.

I remember watching Lady Di and Charles wedding when I was a kid. That was pretty extraordinary, but in today's glitz, this can't possibly compare to me.

Bailey
11-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Any man who willingly watches these two jackwagons get hitched should turn in their man card and move to san fran.

Articulate_Ape
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Any man who willingly watches these two jackwagons get hitched should turn in their man card and move to san fran.

I agree. I'm gonna wait for the sequel where he plays around with a swamp donkey behind her back and she says FU and devotes herself to charity work and banging an Arab until both get turned into a pink mist in a car wreck as a result of a race with a bunch of royal nerds that watched Part 1 and couldn't stop.

It'll be a remake, but it'll still be fun.

Big Guy
11-17-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm witchya on disun brudda. :D

Odysseus
11-17-2010, 07:21 PM
I had thought of sending Charles and Di a toaster as a wedding gift, but my dad talked me out of it. I just thought that it would have been funny. It turned out that it was the one thing that they didn't get, and not only would I now have a thank you card signed by both of them (hello, Ebay!), but I would have gone down in history as the guy who sent them the toaster. Plus, if they returned the gifts after the divorce, I'd have had that for Ebay, as well.

This time, I'm sending the toaster.

BadCat
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
I could care less about the wedding, but I think she is a babe.

Articulate_Ape
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I had thought of sending Charles and Di a toaster as a wedding gift, but my dad talked me out of it. I just thought that it would have been funny. It turned out that it was the one thing that they didn't get, and not only would I now have a thank you card signed by both of them (hello, Ebay!), but I would have gone down in history as the guy who sent them the toaster. Plus, if they returned the gifts after the divorce, I'd have had that for Ebay, as well.

You should have sent Di a helmet.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree. I'm gonna wait for the sequel where he plays around with a swamp donkey behind her back and she says FU and devotes herself to charity work and banging an Arab until both get turned into a pink mist in a car wreck as a result of a race with a bunch of royal nerds that watched Part 1 and couldn't stop.

It'll be a remake, but it'll still be fun.

Evil just oozes out you. Do you use Wet Wipes or shop rags for that? :p

Madisonian
11-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Just frigging great!
Another reason for Chairman Maobama to spend a fortune on a vacation.
Bet half of the congress critters in Washington Decrepit Cesspool boondoggle to England on our dime for that one.

Bailey
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Pls turn in your man card, don't make us come and revoke it. :D

CueSi
11-17-2010, 08:45 PM

You. Slay. Me. . . .Yes, I'm openly kissing your behind, but I have tears in my eyes for this one. :D

~QC

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 09:02 PM

Miz Bubba will Prolly watch. I'll be in the room on the computer or on my little TV watching History Channel and listening on the headphones.

I'll prolly watch when the horses pull the big coach. And maybe to see what the bride is wearing. And the bridesmaids.

But that's it.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Miz Bubba will Prolly watch. I'll be in the room on the computer or on my little TV watching History Channel and listening on the headphones.

I'll prolly watch when the horses pull the big coach. And maybe to see what the bride is wearing. And the bridesmaids.

But that's it.

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
11-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Policon will be glued to his television!

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Policon will be glued to his television!

Last time he watched Midget Girls Gone Wild he got glued to the television.

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Uh huh. :rolleyes:

IT"S TRUE!!

I mean, it's true.

Of course, I may be watching a little of the Anglicn service. Bells and smells.

I hope it will be at Westminster.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 09:38 PM
IT"S TRUE!!

I mean, it's true.

Of course, I may be watching a little of the Anglicn service. Bells and smells.

I hope it will be at Westminster.

Don't hide your fashionista interests behind the the Church, Incense Boi.

Kay
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I LOVE this! I am an avid royal watcher and a bonefide member of the royal family. (my twig on the family tree is pretty far from the trunk though, so I doubt if I'll ever be called up to take over the crown. I'm a very distant Scottish relative).

I loved following Process Dianna. I can remember gathering in the smoker with about 15 friends in our dorm when I was in college to watch the royal wedding when Charles & Di married. I'm so proud of the way her two boys have turned out. Harry is a hoot!

Kate is a beautiful and very down to earth looking woman. Her and William will make a perfect King & Queen one day. I am hoping that Bonnie croaks before his mum does, so that we can just skip over him and his horse-faced adulterous wench. It would be a crime if Camilla is ever addressed as Queen. I don't like her. I bet it pissed her off that Kate got the ring and such a big deal was made of it on TV. I think it was a very moving thing for William to have given her his mother's ring.

I'm very happy for Wills and Kate and will be glued to the TV watching them. It's a wonderful nice story to me, in the midst of all the political crap we are constantly bombarded with. A very nice change of pace that warms the heart. They will be fun to watch.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2010/11/prince-william-kate-middlet.jpg

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Don't hide your fashionista interests behind the the Church, Incense Boi.

Would I do that? :eek:

Don't answer that.

I really like the vestments the clergy wear. And the candles.

They do it up right.

And of course, Westminster. I mean, really. The whole thing is fabulous......

Rockntractor
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM

That is some sticky business!:eek:

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I LOVE this! I am an avid royal watcher and a bonefide member of the royal family. (my twig on the family tree is pretty far from the trunk though, so I doubt if I'll ever be called up to take over the crown. I'm a very distant Scottish relative).

I loved following Process Dianna. I can remember gathering in the smoker with about 15 friends in our dorm when I was in college to watch the royal wedding when Charles & Di married. I'm so proud of the way her two boys have turned out. Harry is a hoot!

Kate is a beautiful and very down to earth looking woman. Her and William will make a perfect King & Queen one day. I am hoping that Bonnie croaks before his mum does, so that we can just skip over him and his horse-faced adulterous wench. It would be a crime if Camilla is ever addressed as Queen. I don't like her. I bet it pissed her off that Kate got the ring and such a big deal was made of it on TV. I think it was a very moving thing for William to have given her his mother's ring.

I'm very happy for Wills and Kate and will be glued to the TV watching them. It's a wonderful nice story to me, in the midst of all the political crap we are constantly bombarded with. A very nice change of pace that warms the heart. They will be fun to watch.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2010/11/prince-william-kate-middlet.jpg

Kate is a babe.

Rockntractor
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Kate is a babe.

She could pat me down at the airport anytime!:o

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I like that she's 28 and has been in the Royal circle for 8 years. She knows the drill and has obviously made a realistic choice about it.

Diana was beautiful but too young and too naive. Being the mother of potential monarchs and being the potential Queen of England takes a bit more thought than one would normally get from playing with pre-schoolers and being dressed fabulously.

SaintLouieWoman
11-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Definitely bad ju-ju, using a ring from a relationship that imploded so spectacularly.

Agree. I thought it was creepy in our local paper that showed a pic of Diana's hand with the ring and Kate's. I guess it took them 8 years to get together, so she just took the ring.

She seems a nice enough young woman. As far as her parents being millionaires, it sounds like they were entrepreneurs and got it the old fashioned way---they earned it.

Their university at St Andrews, Scotland is beautiful. I saw it when I was in the UK 10 years ago. The town is beautiful. At least Kate is educated and not some inbred royal.

Calypso Jones
11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
NOT freaking AGAIN.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I think it's pretty normal for royal types to recycle jewelry. Obviously, their recycled shiny things have a much different implication than our recycled shiny things. ;)

lacarnut
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM

That is Just Too Damn Funny. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
She could pat me down at the airport anytime!:o

You're off the No Fly list? :confused::p

Odysseus
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Pls turn in your man card, don't make us come and revoke it. :D
You're welcome to try. What it comes down to is, do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?

I'm sending the toaster. Try and stop me. Bwahahaha!

You. Slay. Me. . . .Yes, I'm openly kissing your behind, but I have tears in my eyes for this one. :D

~QC
It's the burrito that I had for lunch. Sorry. :D

Kate is a babe.
Isn't she, though?

I like that she's 28 and has been in the Royal circle for 8 years. She knows the drill and has obviously made a realistic choice about it.

Diana was beautiful but too young and too naive. Being the mother of potential monarchs and being the potential Queen of England takes a bit more thought than one would normally get from playing with pre-schoolers and being dressed fabulously.
I don't know that Diana was that naive. She certainly knew how to manipulate the media, and her affairs were no less egregious than his. Frankly, I thought that she and Charles deserved each other.

Calypso Jones
11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
not to mention she was a vengeful little thing. She knew how to make the royals look bad and i think she really enjoyed that.

Gingersnap
11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't know that Diana was that naive. She certainly knew how to manipulate the media, and her affairs were no less egregious than his. Frankly, I thought that she and Charles deserved each other.

I think she was naive going into it - not later. Diana's big problem, from my perspective, was that she could not accommodate herself to her role. She believed that marrying Charles was like marrying Tom or John.

I seriously doubt that official royal liaisons have ever been about boy-meets-girl-cue-orchestra-and-puppies. When these people are genuinely in love, it's still a much more stressful relationship (think Victoria).

Odysseus
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM
not to mention she was a vengeful little thing. She knew how to make the royals look bad and i think she really enjoyed that.
Payback's a bitch, and so was she.

I think she was naive going into it - not later. Diana's big problem, from my perspective, was that she could not accommodate herself to her role. She believed that marrying Charles was like marrying Tom or John.

If Tom or John had ears that could support a 747 in flight, yes. Seriously, the man looks like a Cadillac with its doors open.

I seriously doubt that official royal liaisons have ever been about boy-meets-girl-cue-orchestra-and-puppies. When these people are genuinely in love, it's still a much more stressful relationship (think Victoria).

I was thinking more along the lines of Henry VIII. Victoria actually had a wonderful relationship with Albert, and his early death was a genuine tragedy for her and all of England.

Adam Wood
11-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Nearly three decades ago, my mother hauled my ass out of bed at 3:00 in the morning or something like that because I was the only one in the house qualified to operate the VCR (Dad was out of town on business and she refused to trust the record timer). So I had to sit up all night and record all 736 hours of the Charles and Diana wedding live from Westminster Abbey, just so that my mother could later fast forward through the boring bits (which was about 735.75 hours' worth) and re-watch the same bits over and over again. The same bits that were shown on TV over and over again anyway. :rolleyes:

I unintentionally wound up watching an NBC bit on this couple tonight (Dateline?). I have to admit that I found it far more interesting than I thought I would. The princess-to-be is definitely a very pretty girl, but she doesn't have that "china doll" appearance that Diana had on her wedding day, which is quite endearing to me: she looks like a real woman, instead of some airbrushed babe out of Cosmo or whatever. Pretty, but real. He apparently learned a lot from his mother, and actually lived like a normal person, cooking for himself in college and such.

So this apparently is not Charles and Di all over again. Indeed I expect it to be quite different.

But I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to get out of bed at 3:00 in the morning to watch some overblown ceremony on TV. If they were smart, they would quietly go out to Green Park incognito and elope before anyone even knew what was happening. That's what Mrs. Wood and I did (different park, not royalty, but we did indeed just sneak off to a park and get hitched; set a record of two minutes and seventeen seconds from "Dearly Beloved" to "You may kiss the bride"), and ten and a half years later, I wouldn't trade that day or how we did it for anything on earth.

Articulate_Ape
11-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Evil just oozes out you. Do you use Wet Wipes or shop rags for that? :p

What. I've been around. Not as much as you, but I have. :p

Bailey
11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
You're welcome to try. What it comes down to is, do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?

I'm sending the toaster. Try and stop me. Bwahahaha!

It's the burrito that I had for lunch. Sorry. :D

Isn't she, though?

Any guy that sends a present and watches the wedding probably won't put up much of a slap fight. :p:D

AmPat
11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Can we have a separate category for this? It would be so much easier to ignore that way. I care more about the private life of my garbage man than I do any of the "Royals.":cool:

Articulate_Ape
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Is your garbage man aware that you are stalking him?

Odysseus
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/garbage-woman-e1286315392737.jpg

It's understandable. :D

AmPat
11-18-2010, 04:54 PM

I'm very discrete.

SaintLouieWoman
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
If they were smart, they would quietly go out to Green Park incognito and elope before anyone even knew what was happening. That's what Mrs. Wood and I did (different park, not royalty, but we did indeed just sneak off to a park and get hitched; set a record of two minutes and seventeen seconds from "Dearly Beloved" to "You may kiss the bride"), and ten and a half years later, I wouldn't trade that day or how we did it for anything on earth.

SR and I didn't elope, but did have a lovely quiet little wedding at our home in St Louis, with just immediate family and a few friends. We had two patios, so used the one that was surrounded by perennials to have the ceremony and our guests stood in the yard and on the other patio. Weddings don't have to cost a fortune to be meaningful. Some of the most expensive that I've attended ended up in a short marriage.

Odysseus
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
SR and I didn't elope, but did have a lovely quiet little wedding at our home in St Louis, with just immediate family and a few friends. We had two patios, so used the one that was surrounded by perennials to have the ceremony and our guests stood in the yard and on the other patio. Weddings don't have to cost a fortune to be meaningful. Some of the most expensive that I've attended ended up in a short marriage.

Chuck and Di's comes to mind... :D