PDA

View Full Version : G.W. Bush on Leno

Apocalypse
11-19-2010, 12:29 AM
For those who caught it tonight, did Bush seem funnier then Leno? I was laughing at his jokes.

Adam Wood
11-19-2010, 12:55 AM
I was LMAO. "On my 50th birthday, I was governor of Texas, and I got a letter..."

HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!

jendf
11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
He was fabulous. I love that in spite of all the grief he's received from his haters, he still has the best spirit and sense of humor. He doesn't let them get to him at all. He seems so genuine and real unlike the phony in office now.

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 04:29 PM
He was fabulous. I love that in spite of all the grief he's received from his haters, he still has the best spirit and sense of humor. He doesn't let them get to him at all. He seems so genuine and real unlike the phony in office now.

When I met him that was exactly the take I got.

Articulate_Ape
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
When I met him that was exactly the take I got.

You met him?

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
You met him?

briefly in 04 came to Pittsburgh campaigning for Specturd.

Rockntractor
11-19-2010, 06:16 PM

Did you climb on top of something?:confused:

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Did you climb on top of something?:confused:

just for that . . . .

http://poorlydressed.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/db65d00d-dc33-4c7d-9e62-0b0ca7533d58.jpg

Articulate_Ape
11-19-2010, 06:23 PM

That's pretty cool, Poli. (not the Specter part)

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
That's pretty cool, Poli. (not the Specter part)

I only went to see Bush in person. :o

Apocalypse
11-20-2010, 07:08 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/194356/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-thu-nov-18-2010
Bush Leno joke.

The full leno show with Bush.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/18/bush-on-leno-george-w-bus_n_785796.html

NJCardFan
11-20-2010, 08:33 AM
The thing that makes him genuine is that he can laugh at himself. Like when Leno showed Bush not being able to leave a room because the door was locked. Bush's response was, "now that's a guy without an exit strategy". Like I keep saying, he has more class in his little finger than Obama has in his whole body.

PoliCon
11-20-2010, 10:49 AM
The thing that makes him genuine is that he can laugh at himself. Like when Leno showed Bush not being able to leave a room because the door was locked. Bush's response was, "now that's a guy without an exit strategy". Like I keep saying, he has more class in his little finger than Obama has in his whole body.

If you can't laugh at yourself you have no business laughing at anyone else. I loved his press club appearances. He was terrific at making fun of himself. :)

Rockntractor
11-20-2010, 10:57 AM
If you can't laugh at yourself you have no business laughing at anyone else. I loved his press club appearances. He was terrific at making fun of himself. :)

Did he include meeting you in his book?:confused:

PoliCon
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/we_see_what_you_did_there_trollcat.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Poli, did you get to actually talk to him or just get close enough to see him fairly well? I "met" his dad in St Louis and shook his hand, but didn't get to say anything, just the shake hand thing as he walked from the plane. Also "met" his mom, Barbara Bush, at a little impromptu affair where they needed bodies to fill the room when the cameras were there from the local news media. She looked better in person than on TV.

After the presidential debate in 04, W and Laura attended a large rally in St Louis, not far from my previous house. I got to see him from maybe 25 feet away.

It would be a real experience to really get a chance to talk to Bush. The closest I came to talking to someone famous was talking to Betty White for maybe 15 minutes and walking to the parking lot with her after a party. She's really that witty in real life.

RobJohnson
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM

LOL :D

I thought Poli was one of the kids that Bush was reading to on 9-11

PoliCon
11-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Poli, did you get to actually talk to him or just get close enough to see him fairly well? I "met" his dad in St Louis and shook his hand, but didn't get to say anything, just the shake hand thing as he walked from the plane. Also "met" his mom, Barbara Bush, at a little impromptu affair where they needed bodies to fill the room when the cameras were there from the local news media. She looked better in person than on TV.

After the presidential debate in 04, W and Laura attended a large rally in St Louis, not far from my previous house. I got to see him from maybe 25 feet away.

It would be a real experience to really get a chance to talk to Bush. The closest I came to talking to someone famous was talking to Betty White for maybe 15 minutes and walking to the parking lot with her after a party. She's really that witty in real life.

Got to shake his hand and exchanged a few words. He even hugged and kissed the lady next to me on the cheek because it was her birthday. She was an interpreter for the deaf . . . . anyhow. . . . . I gave him a compliment and thanked him for his work keeping this country safe and he deflected that praise to our armed servicemen.

PoliCon
11-20-2010, 10:46 PM
LOL :D

I thought Poli was one of the kids that Bush was reading to on 9-11

And who told you that you were allowed to think?? :mad:
http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/your_kind_will_get_exactly_what_they_deserve_troll cat.jpg

:p

Rockntractor
11-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Got to shake his hand and exchanged a few words. He even hugged and kissed the lady next to me on the cheek because it was her birthday. She was an interpreter for the deaf . . . . anyhow. . . . . I gave him a compliment and thanked him for his work keeping this country safe and he deflected that praise to our armed servicemen.

That sounds like what he would do. He is a humble man.

SaintLouieWoman
11-21-2010, 10:03 PM

That is very cool. W is a good man.