PDA

View Full Version : At A Business Today, I Turned Off 3 TV's - FOX Was On

SarasotaRepub
11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
WOW!!! What a Liberal Hero!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9587513) :eek:

otohara (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-18-10 09:23 PM
Original message At A Business Today, I Turned Off 3 TV's - FOX Was On

it was in the lobby of the local Clear Channel office - I had to drop something off.

DU should give you a widdle gold "F" for killing those ebil Fox spewing TV's!!!!
:rolleyes::D

3rd-try
11-19-2010, 07:40 AM
I agree. This person has shown amazing courage.
Probably former CIA

NJCardFan
11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
So this person thought it was appropriate to mess with someone elses property? What a douchebag.

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Clear Channel playing FOX??? I'm shocked.

Carol
11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
And probably 2 minutes after the jerk DROPPED OFF his/her stuff the channel was turned back to what it was originally on, or to what those in the waiting room wanted to watch.

Obamanaut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-19-10 03:55 AM
Response to Original message
5. Was there anyone else watching them? If so, did you give them the

courtesy of suggesting/requesting channel change and/or teevee shutdown? Or, did you simply impose your preference on them.

If you were just dropping something off, were you going to stay and be exposed to the teevee? Could you have simply dropped your stuff off and left?

I cannot buy into the idea of "People are wrong if they don't think, do, watch as I do so I must impose my will upon them."

Speedy
11-19-2010, 10:21 AM
In prison, most of the fights started because of the TV. They would have loved this guy.

movie buff
11-19-2010, 12:03 PM
So this person thought it was appropriate to mess with someone elses property? What a douchebag.

He's an ultra- liberal: He doesn't believe in the notion of private property.

AmPat
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
He's merely following the progressive template; nothing new here. If you don't agree with the message, kill the messenger.

Claret1995
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I bet that was the PANTYWAIST that ran out of the bldg as I came around the corner. He was holding his crotch like he might piss his pants. Only changed one TV. All the others cannot be changed without passwords. The staff watched the tape of the guy trying and all the women in the office thought he looked like a weenie.

Dan D. Doty
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Another Moonbat that wants the world to a mirror for them ; then stays in " pissed off " mode when most of the time its not.

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I bet that was the PANTYWAIST that ran out of the bldg as I came around the corner. He was holding his crotch like he might piss his pants. Only changed one TV. All the others cannot be changed without passwords. The staff watched the tape of the guy trying and all the women in the office thought he looked like a weenie.

sounds about right

Zafod
11-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Drale (902 posts) Fri Nov-19-10 01:30 PM
Response to Original message
10. I do that at the gym all the time
its funny to see all the people who think they are strong because they are at a gym get mad.

I really doubt this. I doubt even more that he goes to the Gym....

Madisonian
11-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Fumesucker Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Nov-19-10 04:14 AM
Response to Reply #5
6. Televisions in public spaces are imposing on the public in the first place..

Not every member of the public wants to watch the same thing and those businesses that put televisions out are imposing their choices on what is often an unwilling audience.

I'm reminded of the time I went to a mental health professional and ended up walking out of their waiting room because they had a TV there that was tuned to Jerry Springer, the conflict on that show was unbearable to me in the precarious state of mind I was in at the time. My time and effort spent arranging an appointment, traveling to the location and returning home was wasted and my mental problems were exacerbated by over the top nature of the program on in the waiting room.

Why am I not surprised by this statement from one of Skinner's Winners?:p

Zafod
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
but when a public display of teh american flag being burned is disrupted it all screams of freedom of speech?

Zafod
11-19-2010, 06:37 PM
what if I walked into a (head shop, coffe shop, college longe, insert what ever liberal herding ground you wish) and started turning the tv's off because I didnt like what was on?

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
what if I walked into a (head shop, coffe shop, college longe, insert what ever liberal herding ground you wish) and started turning the tv's off because I didnt like what was on?

You'd be a hate filled small mined bigot of course.

Zafod
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM

thats about right....

Odysseus
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM

You'd be long gone by the time the stoners in the head shop or college lounge noticed.

Rockntractor
11-19-2010, 07:19 PM

A mine is a terrible thing to waste.:confused:

PoliCon
11-19-2010, 07:50 PM
A mine is a terrible thing to waste.:confused:

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/129182162042356050.jpg
:p