PDA

View Full Version : '60s folk icon Joan Baez hurt in fall from treehouse

MoshMasterD
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20101119/NEWS/101119439/1350?Title=-60s-folk-icon-Joan-Baez-hurt-in-fall-from-treehouse

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: Friday, November 19, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, November 19, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.

WOODSIDE -- 1960s songbird Joan Baez is "resting comfortably" at an undisclosed location after falling 20 feet to the ground from a treehouse -- a treehouse she purposely had built without walls because she wanted to sleep among real birds at her Woodside, Calif., home.

Joan Baez. The 69-year-old Baez was climbing down from the platform Wednesday when she plunged to the ground. The San Jose Mercury News reports Baez suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Stanford Hospital.

obx
11-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe Neil Young can take her to the hospital in his converted electric caddy--o wait.

Bailey
11-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Isn't she dead? Didn't she choak on a sandwich?

Gingersnap
11-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I may be a Birkie-wearing, muesli-eating, organic gardener who listens to New Age music but I can tell you that I have never fallen out of a tree house. :D

megimoo
11-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I may be a Birkie-wearing, muesli-eating, organic gardener who listens to New Age music but I can tell you that I have never fallen out of a tree house. :DBecause you have a bushy tail and live in the trees with the other red squirrels !:eek:

megimoo
11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I may be a Birkie-wearing, muesli-eating, organic gardener who listens to New Age music but I can tell you that I have never fallen out of a tree house. :D

She had a voice like a silver bell .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9_jdmcAhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFHTJ08U_Fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=favgoOn-U1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnTxoZ-Naw

Gingersnap
11-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Because you have a bushy tail and live in the trees with the other red squirrels !:eek:

If that was true, they would be making movies about the dreaded Cannibal Fox Squirrel of Colorado.

Sadly, it's not true.

Odysseus
11-19-2010, 07:52 PM
It's always safer to hug trees from the ground.

rjas77
11-20-2010, 02:36 AM
WOODSIDE -- 1960s songbird Joan Baez is "resting comfortably" at an undisclosed location after falling 20 feet to the ground from a treehouse -- a treehouse she purposely had built without walls because she wanted to sleep among real birds at her Woodside, Calif., home.

Maybe she wanted to sleep with the real worms?

Articulate_Ape
11-20-2010, 02:42 AM

Yet. :p

Beefeater
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
The problem with hugging trees is that they don't hug back.

Odysseus
11-21-2010, 03:13 AM
She had a voice like a silver bell .

Unfortunately, it's attached to the rest of her.

She's always been a barking moonbat, although I give her credit for one moment of honesty in an otherwise blinkered career as an activist. She didn't turn a blind eye towards the atrocities committed by the government of Vietnam after they conquered the south, and she even organized a full-page advertisement in which she stated that the communists had created a nightmare, making her one of the few in the antiwar movement to actually criticize the Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge, as opposed to Jane Fonda, who wrote a rebuttal in which she claimed that she was unable to substantiate Baez's "claims" about the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge.

Sadly, she learned nothing from this, and was a vocal antiwar moonbat after 9/11. I wonder how long it will be before she notices that the Islamists are no better than the communists when it comes to the human rights that she claims to believe in.

noonwitch
11-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Okay, so she's a nut who wants to sleep with the birds. She's 69, and was at least trying to do what she liked to do when she fell and got hurt.

I always liked her version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

lacarnut
11-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Okay, so she's a nut who wants to sleep with the birds. She's 69, and was at least trying to do what she liked to do when she fell and got hurt.

Who cares...she is just another old dirty birdbrain hippy.

warpig
11-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Isn't she dead? Didn't she choak on a sandwich?

Mama Cass

noonwitch
11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Mama Cass

Except that her death by ham sandwich is a big urban legend. She died of a heart attack, likely caused by morbid obesity.

linda22003
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Except that her death by ham sandwich is a big urban legend. She died of a heart attack, likely caused by morbid obesity.

True. She'd also done a number of crash diets, which are bad for the heart.

Odysseus
11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
My youngest daughter is a Scooby Doo fanatic and we've been watching the hour-long shows, when they would have celebrity guest stars, one of whom was Mama Cass. The running gag on the show was that she could eat as much as Shaggy and Scooby.

No one denies that she was and is a great singer. It's just that in order to listen to the singing, we had to put up with the lunacy. Laura Ingraham got it right when she wrote Shut Up and Sing.

Kay
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM

True. She'd also done a number of crash diets, which are bad for the heart.

Or it could have been related to the years of massive drugs she'd taken.