PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann: FOX Playing With Own Crap,’ ‘Better' If They ‘Didn’t Live in America

megimoo
11-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Olbermann: FNC & Conservative Side ‘Close to Playing With Its Own Poop,’ ‘Better Off’ If They ‘Didn’t Live in This Country’

On Thursday’s Countdown show on MSNBC, after guest Howard Fineman of the Huffington Post predicted that Republican Congressmen would be reluctant to extend unemployment benefits, host Keith Olbermann asserted that, referring to congressional Republicans, "They don't live in this world. They don't live in this country. And I think we'd be better off if they didn't live in this country."

Later, during the show’s "Worst Person" segment, Olbermann attacked FNC’s Roger Ailes for the second consecutive night - this time for his recent attack on NPR and Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart. Olbermann addressed Stewart directly, suggesting that the Daily Show host was wrong to lump MSNBC in with his criticism of FNC, and also suggesting that the side representing FNC and conservatives is "close to playing with its poop." Olbermann: "Thanks to Mr. Ailes for proving my point about false equivalence. And an aside to Mr. Stewart: Jon, I told you so. I mean, I might disagree with you, but I'd never think you were crazy or hateful. But Maher is right. One side sticks to the facts, and the other side is close to playing with its own poop."

Below are transcripts of relevant portions of the Thursday, November 18, Countdown show on MSNBC:

KEITH OLBERMANN: In the year and a half that Jeanne Reinman watched her savings and retirement drain away, the members of Congress now blocking her unemployment benefits saw their net worth increase dramatically. In 2008 through the end of 2009, their wealth growing by an average of more than 16 percent. This is according to a new study by the Center for Responsive Politics. While Americans lost their jobs, their homes and their savings, watching retirement and their kids' college educations fade from possibility, Congress watched its number of millionaires increase - 49 percent, nearly half of them, 261 out of 535, are now millionaires compared to one percent of America; 55 of them - more than 10 percent - are now worth more than $10 million. Eight of those are worth at least 100 million. The median wealth of every member of Congress last year was $911,150.

Individual congressional wealth leaped more than $100,000 in just one year. It was just $785,000 in 2008. The richest of them all, Republican Congressman Darrell Issa of California with a net worth of 303 million. And, as I sit here wondering what kind of nation we want to live in, let's bring in MSNBC political analyst Howard Fineman, also senior political editor of the Huffington Post. Good evening, Howard.

HOWARD FINEMAN, HUFFINGTON POST: Hi, Keith.

OLBERMANN: We have a political party demanding that we borrow money to pay for tax cuts on household income above a quarter million while it is at the same time refusing to borrow a lot less money so that middle class Americans who can’t find work can keep their homes and just barely keep their heads above wate

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2010/11/19/olbermann-fnc-conservative-side-close-playing-its-own-poop-better-the

Madisonian
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
And here we have another rant by the bathtub boy sure to be heard by dozens.

AmPat
11-19-2010, 06:14 PM
And I think we'd be better off if they didn't live in this country."
First of all, Blabberman doesn't think-------EVER!
Secondly, Idiots with Blabberman's ideology are the ones who are SOOOO dissatisfied with this country that they want to "fundamentally change it." Who then should leave Qweef?:rolleyes:

Odysseus
11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
And MSNBC was afraid that his financial contributions were proof of his bias, but this constitutes objective journalism? What color is the sky in their world? :rolleyes:

fettpett
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
yeah...cuz the President and Congress that he gets on his knees for really helped all those people keep/find jobs....dumbfuck

Madisonian
11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Olbermann is like AIDS for the liberal / progressive mind and they belong together until death do they part.

CueSi
11-20-2010, 08:54 PM
<remembers the bromide on liberal accusations>

Someone in a bunny suit check Olbermann, and get a hazmat team to his office, he's a coprophiliac!

~QC

Madisonian
11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
And here we have another rant by the bathtub boy sure to be heard by dozens.

Just so there is no confusion, "bathtub boy" is a reference to KO used by John Gibson and taken from the Olbermann Watch website and "heard by dozens" is an obvious reference to his less than stellar ratings.

For the uninitiated, this may have appeared like I was referring to the OP.
My sincere apologies for any confusion.

RobJohnson
11-21-2010, 01:32 PM
The fire/re-hire of Mr Olbermann should help ratings for at least two days.... :p

Madisonian
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
The fire/re-hire of Mr Olbermann should help ratings for at least two days.... :p

WhattamessNBC needs to keep Olberweenie, Larry O, Dead head Ed, Christina Matthews and Rick rolled Maddow. The public needs to be reminded on a daily basis what "lunatic fringe media" truly means and lest they forget, all they have to do is review their objective, balanced coverage of the November 2010 elections.
It was most telling that the (M)ostly (S)ophomoric (N)othing (B)ut (C)owards coverage team never had the balls (well Rachael probably does) to make their 3rd grade snarks to Cantor or Bachman, et al, while their target were on camera.

Trvth To Power!!! Yeah, they showed em all right, just not to their faces.

noonwitch
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Olberman can't handle the fact that smart liberals would much rather watch Jon Stewart than watch his show. His audience is basically the DUmmies and their associates.

Stewart did a really funny send up of Glenn Beck on Thursday's episode. He used the chalkboards, that he couldn't figure out exactly, and basically compared George Soros to Rupert Murdoch. Olberman will never be that much fun to watch. He's boring.

Odysseus
11-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Olberman can't handle the fact that smart liberals would much rather watch Jon Stewart than watch his show. His audience is basically the DUmmies and their associates.

Stewart did a really funny send up of Glenn Beck on Thursday's episode. He used the chalkboards, that he couldn't figure out exactly, and basically compared George Soros to Rupert Murdoch. Olberman will never be that much fun to watch. He's boring.

Olbermann can't handle the fact that smart liberals don't stay liberals.

Jon Stewart's defense of Viacom during the South Park Mohammed flap was cowardly and despicable. He may be less boring than Olbermann, but he also lacks any convictions beyond his paycheck.

lacarnut
11-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Sounds like Olberkook has been eating his own poop.

Teddy Kennedy
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM

He's already tanking. I don't know how he stays on the air.

noonwitch
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Olbermann can't handle the fact that smart liberals don't stay liberals.

Jon Stewart's defense of Viacom during the South Park Mohammed flap was cowardly and despicable. He may be less boring than Olbermann, but he also lacks any convictions beyond his paycheck.

Bill Maher was angry with Jon Stewart for implying that the crazies on the left are as scary as the crazies on the right. He's a comedian, not a newsman, a distinction that Maher, of all people, should understand.

You have to defend your employer, or they fire you. And in this case, Viacom thought that what they were doing by censoring the image of Muhammed would ensure the safety of their employees. If muslim terrorists decided to avenge the dishonor given their prophet by South Park, it's probably not Parker and Stone who would pay the price. It's the average employees who work at whatever Viacom building they decide to destroy who would suffer. I don't necessarily agree with their self-censorship, but I understand why they did it.

I'm sure that if Beck or O'Reilly decided to show that Rupert Murdoch is essentially the right's version of George Soros, they'd get fired, even though it's true. That's why they don't do it.

AmPat
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=noonwitch;337167]Bill Maher was angry with Jon Stewart for implying that the crazies on the left are as scary as the crazies on the right. He's a comedian, not a newsman, a distinction that Maher, of all people, should understand.

You have to defend your employer, or they fire you. And in this case, Viacom thought that what they were doing by censoring the image of Muhammed would ensure the safety of their employees. If muslim terrorists decided to avenge the dishonor given their prophet by South Park, it's probably not Parker and Stone who would pay the price. It's the average employees who work at whatever Viacom building they decide to destroy who would suffer. I don't necessarily agree with their self-censorship, but I understand why they did it.
I don't understand any of this given the left's constant defense of the religion of peace. What were they so worried about? Afterall, the ROP would merely issue a strongly worded letter of rebuttal.

I'm sure that if Beck or O'Reilly decided to show that Rupert Murdoch is essentially the right's version of George Soros, they'd get fired, even though it's true. That's why they don't do it

This is pretty strong stuff. Is Rupert on record as trying to destroy the USA? Got proof?

Odysseus
11-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Bill Maher was angry with Jon Stewart for implying that the crazies on the left are as scary as the crazies on the right. He's a comedian, not a newsman, a distinction that Maher, of all people, should understand.
No, he's a comedian who pretends to be a newsman until he gets called on it, at which point he retreats behind the comedy mask. And what kind of comedian spends millions of dollars to set up a counter-demonstration to Glenn Beck's rally?

You have to defend your employer, or they fire you. And in this case, Viacom thought that what they were doing by censoring the image of Muhammed would ensure the safety of their employees.
And they thought wrong. Did you happen to notice just which building the Times Square bomber parked his exploding SUV in front of? Appeasement doesn't work, it simply provides the bullies with the knowledge that they can get away with anything.

If muslim terrorists decided to avenge the dishonor given their prophet by South Park, it's probably not Parker and Stone who would pay the price. It's the average employees who work at whatever Viacom building they decide to destroy who would suffer. I don't necessarily agree with their self-censorship, but I understand why they did it.
I do, too. They're cowards. Instead of kowtowing to the sensibilities of terrorists, Viacom should have taken a stand and sprung for security. Instead, they demonstrated that they are submissive cowards whose commitment to free speech is a sham. Remember their rapid backpedaling and descent into dhimmitude the next time some Comedy Central show mocks Jesus or Moses and Viacom basks in the glow of the reviews that attest to their "courage." For that matter, the next time that Stewart mocks the troops who protect him, or the politicians who make tough decisions that put us in harm's way, remember how Stewart had the chance to stand up for his country and punted. Nobody is funny enough to justify that kind of cowardice and hypocrisy.

I'm sure that if Beck or O'Reilly decided to show that Rupert Murdoch is essentially the right's version of George Soros, they'd get fired, even though it's true. That's why they don't do it.

And they'd deserve it. Libel is a vicious tort.

3rd-try
11-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by noonwitch

I don't see the parallel. Soros has openly created as well as funded other orgs that go to the far left end of the political spectrum. He has stated and his actions bear out his intent to change the political structure of this country.
Murdoch's RW zeal doesn't hold a candle.