PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

CaughtintheMiddle1990
11-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I just wanted to say...Thanksgiving is really soon, but I don't think enough people really stop to be actually THANKFUL for what they have; For too many people it's just about turkey and whatnot--It's just become a superficial, commercialized day and the meaning has, for some, been lost.

But I think all of us who are alive and healthy; all of us who are decently happy; all of us who don't live with the threat of poverty, hunger; all of us who live in safe neighborhoods; all of us who have families and know love--All of us should be thankful, and we should try to show it more in our lives, and in the way we treat each other, our friends, our neighbors, and our family, and all of mankind in general.

Too many others aren't as fortunate as we are, and have dealt with, or presently are dealing with, immense tragedy, sorrow, pain and loss; Many each year are murdered, kidnapped, disappear, their horrible fates never to be known; their families to forever after live in painful unknowing--The unfortunate among us who are killed, or die prematurely, they don't get the chance to enjoy a long life, which some of us are blessed with; Their families bear forever the burden of their loss; Many families across America, and the world will be spending this Thanksgiving in mourning, hungry, poor, out of work, sick, dying, or watching someone they love die.

We are the lucky ones--those of us who don't live under any of the above circumstances. We have a gift, whether you believe it's purely by chance, or whether it's divine destiny that sets us where we are in life. Let us who have been gifted with good fortune be thankful for what we have, and rejoice in each breath, and each extra morning we're given, and in the love we have.

Let's make this a real Thanksgiving.

Kay
11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Nice words CITM.

http://liblogs.albany.edu/deweyblog/HappyThanks.jpg

hampshirebrit
11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Nice words CITM.

They are good words.

We're gonna have to start a w00t thread for this guy next. (999 posts). :)

lacarnut
11-20-2010, 07:22 PM
What a great post. I have been blessed beyond belief. So, I am sharing my good fortune by providing Thanksgiving meals and help thru the Baton Rouge Food Bank and Salvation Army.

Madisonian
11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
This Thanksgiving DW and I are driving (screw the TSA) down to Charlotte, NC to see her son, the grandkids and his girlfriend in their new house that we helped them buy. (This is not a brag, this is an example of how (r)epublican conservatives should help out, by giving of themselves to their family, not asking the gubberminet to do it)

It is our first overnight vacation in almost 6 years and we are looking forward to the drive and seeing the countryside. Unfortunately, because of work commitments we will not be able to leave until Thursday morning and with a Thursday night stay over in Ripley, WV, won't get to their house until Friday afternoon.

So our Thanksgiving will be a day later, but no less something to be thankful for.

Rockntractor
11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Very nice CITM, I hope you don't mind that I emailed a copy of it to my best friend.

Odysseus
11-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Well said.