PDA

View Full Version : My Wife and I Walked Out Of A Movie Theater Today

Madisonian
11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Another DUmmie shows them who is the boss! ("http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9599209)

rsmith6621 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
My Wife and I Walked Out Of A Movie Theater Today

....Why?????.....Because the showed a preview of Glen Becks Restarting the Engine of America

WE went to see Harry Potter new movie and when the Beck preview came on I stood up in front of about 150 movie goers and at the middle of my lungs said I don't know about any of you but I don't want my money going in to the bank of this theater for promoting a clown who is a racist self blathering idiot......my wife had already left and I said anyone want to join me in asking management back for your money??

I said the theater across the street has a showing in 20 minutes...... About 11 people followed me out to the desk and asked and got a refund... There was no BECK bullshit ad during the previews across the street...

I am too new to figure out the bouncy scale completely, but I figure this should be a 1.5 to 2.

onehandle
Response to Reply #18
22. Ah Ha! That chain donated to Pass Proposition 8. The 'plot' thickens.

Edited on Sat Nov-20-10 07:13 PM by onehandle
'In 2008, CEO Alan Stock donated $9,999 toward the successful passage of California's Proposition 8, an initiative restricting the definition of marriage to opposite-sex couples and overturning the California Supreme Court's ruling that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. An ensuing campaign, launched by opponents to the Prop 8 passage, encouraged patrons to see the Gus Van Sant film Milk, starring Sean Penn in the title role of assassinated gay-rights activist Harvey Milk, at a competing theater in protest. Others called for a more general boycott.'

Cinemark CEO donates to “Proposition Hate”: boycott follows

Oh noes... its a vast right wing conspiracy I tells ya!

Not to be outdone by merely walking out of a theater, this DUmmie takes action!

Catshrink
Response to Reply #11
16. Agreed.

My meager effort yesterday: When I was at Costco I typed "Glenn Beck is an idiot. Jon Stewart totally owned him." on one of their demo computer screens. This is in red state hell.

Such conviction!

NJCardFan
11-20-2010, 07:57 PM
These people are such a joke. I don't know about you but I would have openly called the guy an idiot and told him to sit down or I'd sit him down. I mean my God these people are beyond childish. For starters, they did this at a Harry Potter movie? Really? Were all the tweens impressed?

Cseeman
11-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Number 1 the wife left firs t
......my wife had already left and I said anyone want to join me in asking management back for your money?? which means the wife was completely humilated by his action.

Second the wife leaving indicates it was planned and not spontaneous

so the picture in my mind is like this.

He whispers to wife "they are playing a preview for beck i am going to make a scene. please baby will you let me make a scene.

Wife : DON'T YOU DARE. I DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN THAT DRESS YOU ARE WEARING AGAIN WHEN SOMEONE THROWS SOMETHING AT YOU YOU KNOW I WEAR THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY. Besides i do not want to clean your panties if someone tells you to stop

GUY: oh please... oh please ... this would be great i can tell everyone on DU about this and they will think i am a HERO

WIFE: you know everyone on that DU site is like 10 years old don't you

GUY: don't say that about my friends.

WIFE: your friends you don't even know anybody on the site and it has been 20 years since you have left the house.

GUY: on please... oh plesase....

WIFE: ok but i am leaving first.

GUY OK honey

this goes on for 10 minutes. She walks out and then he does his litttle act...

Adam Wood
11-20-2010, 08:47 PM
These people are such a joke. I don't know about you but I would have openly called the guy an idiot and told him to sit down or I'd sit him down. I mean my God these people are beyond childish. For starters, they did this at a Harry Potter movie? Really? Were all the tweens impressed?No shit. I haven't been to a movie in ages, but if someone were to pull that kind of stunt would warrant a beatdown around here (and it wouldn't have to be political, right or left; just jumping up and making an ass of oneself in front of a packed house would do it).

I haven't been to Jersey in a while, but the last time I was there, the tolerance for bullshit was pretty low, so I figure this would probably be the case in your neighborhood, too.

Cseeman
11-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about

NJCardFan
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
No shit. I haven't been to a movie in ages, but if someone were to pull that kind of stunt would warrant a beatdown around here (and it wouldn't have to be political, right or left; just jumping up and making an ass of oneself in front of a packed house would do it).

I haven't been to Jersey in a while, but the last time I was there, the tolerance for bullshit was pretty low, so I figure this would probably be the case in your neighborhood, too.

Actually where I live we're pretty laid back, however, the one thing I hate about going to the movies are asshats who for some reason feel the need to act like asshats. It must be something in the air conditioning but it's people like this that keep me out of the movie theater.

Oh, and just a sidenote, something tells me that if someone here said that they would not patronize a movie theater showing the latest Michael Moore shitfest or even the pro-AGW movie Cool It, the DUmmies would be all high and mighty telling that person that they aren't open minded or some bullshit.

SarasotaRepub
11-20-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/item_images/2035_xl.jpg

PoliCon
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I can't stand people who grandstand in movie theatres. There was an idiot like this who stood up at the end of AVATAR and started screaming about how we're destroying the planet and indigenous peoples . . . . :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
11-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I can't stand people who grandstand in movie theatres. There was an idiot like this who stood up at the end of AVATAR and started screaming about how we're destroying the planet and indigenous peoples . . . . :rolleyes:

You should have doused him with your soda and ran away under the seats!

Speedy
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I usually yell at those people to sit down and shut the fuck up.

obx
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I bet it smelled better when he left.

Dan D. Doty
11-20-2010, 11:10 PM
If you are going to go over the top with a bouncy, at least try to be a little more creative.

I charged out of the movie, then I kicked an Usher in the balls as he stood in our way to the manger's office ( the rest of the correct thinking movie goers who followed me each gave the Usher a swift kick as he rolled around on the floor moaning ). My group had grabbed the popcorn machine and used it bash to down the Manager's office door. We found him whimpering under his desk, begging for mercy. We dragged the freeper out to the parking lot and hung him from a lamp post. Afterwards we burned down the theater and laughed as the rest of the staff painfully died inside from smoke and flames. " Hey," one of the group yelled so he could be heard above the screams " I heard they have Beck's books at the library," We spent the rest of the evening burning libraries , book stores and putting to death to anyone who objected. Remember , we can only be free when everyone is forced to think just like we do.

Adam Wood
11-20-2010, 11:13 PM
If you are going to go over the top with a bouncy, at least try to be a little more creative.

I charged out of the movie, then I kicked an Usher in the balls as he stood in our way to manger's office ( the rest of the correct thinking movie goers who followed me each gave the Usher a swift kick as he rolled around on the floor moaning ). My group had had grabbed the popcorn machine and used it bash to down the Manager's office door. We found him whimpering under his desk, begging for mercy. We dragged the freeper out to the parking lot and hung him from a lamp post. Afterwards we burned down the theater and laughed as the rest of the staff painfully died inside smoke and flames. " Hey," one of the group yelled so he could be heard above the screams " I heard they have Beck's books at the library," We spent the rest of the evening burning libraries , book stores and putting to death to anyone who objected. Remember , we can only be free when everyone is forced to think just like we do.Well, you left the theater manager tearing the Wastika off of the SUV and declaring that he would never vote for a repuke ever again, but otherwise this one gets at least four bouncies.

Speedy
11-20-2010, 11:18 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Fun/bouncy.gif

Adam Wood
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Fun/bouncy.gifWell, that's at least two good bouncies right there....

Dan D. Doty
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Saw the movie MACHETTE, thought it was a Moonbat propganda piece.

Watched the whole thing, didn't walk out, didn't throw a fit.

Mister Smith couldn't make it through the previews without his Moonbat madness breaking out.

More likely Smith slinked out of the movie, or none of his story happened.

Impress the equally stupid/crazy people on DU with an over he top fairy tale because reality suck for them.

FDK
11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
And Glen Beck will still sell just as many tickets and make just as much money while the vast majority of people in that theater chuckled at how you embarrassed yourself in public.

Provided you actually pulled this insignificant dumbass move.

movie buff
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
When I saw that ad at the midnight premiere I went to (As such, the audience had pretty much no children I saw in it, all college age or older), the theater didn't really react at all (Even a friend of mine who I saw it with, who is a rather outspoken liberal, appeared annoyed but didn't say anything about it). If some douche started yelling the way this guy claimed he did, you can bet at least 2 dozen people (Probably myself included) would throw stuff at him until he slunk away to whine about it on DU.

Madisonian
11-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Oops... I smell something cooking....

deaniac21
163. I'm sure this made a big impact.If it indeed happened.

Must be a lousy freeper troll with a sock puppet account. The only thing missing was the [/sarcasm] tag.

I can't believe this thread has gotten over 150 replies, 440 recs and 11,000 views over there.