PDA

View Full Version : J. Edgar Hoover

CaughtintheMiddle1990
11-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Why does he always seem to get some a bum rap from people? I see the left HATES him vehemently, and at times I also see libertarians saying he was a horrible person. Why?
The guy was a dedicated anti-communist, a passionate lawman, and never bent to Political Correctness to achieve his goals. I admire that, because I feel our system of law and order is declining due to Political Correctness--When I look at the radicals in our country, for one, and the pathetic and disgraceful illegal immigration issue, I can't help but want someone like Hoover, who didn't give a damn if it wasn't politically correct if it had to do with the nation's national security.
If people were to hear my feelings on Illegal Immigration, my ideas--I'd be called a heartless prick. Same with terrorism and violent criminals, as well as radicals at home.I am a hawk when it comes to our national defense--Our homeland and borders should be defended at all costs and without mercy or hesitation due to Political Correctness or any other factor. I consider Illegal Immigration to be a quiet invasion of our country. I think for example someone like Ron Gochez (He is a teacher in California who has called the Southwest 'stolen, occupied Mexico', has called for revolution against 'frail, racist white people' and openly supports Castro and Chavez, yet is allowed to teach students in Cali) should be charged with treason. I think we should have some kind of tougher sedition laws, maybe something similar (but not as tyrannical) as what John Adams did with the Alien & Sedition Acts.

Madisonian
11-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Why does he always seem to get some a bum rap from people? I see the left HATES him vehemently, and at times I also see libertarians saying he was a horrible person. Why?
The guy was a dedicated anti-communist, a passionate lawman, and never bent to Political Correctness to achieve his goals. I admire that, because I feel our system of law and order is declining due to Political Correctness--When I look at the radicals in our country, for one, and the pathetic and disgraceful illegal immigration issue, I can't help but want someone like Hoover, who didn't give a damn if it wasn't politically correct if it had to do with the nation's national security.
If people were to hear my feelings on Illegal Immigration, my ideas--I'd be called a heartless prick. Same with terrorism and violent criminals, as well as radicals at home.I am a hawk when it comes to our national defense--Our homeland and borders should be defended at all costs and without mercy or hesitation due to Political Correctness or any other factor. I consider Illegal Immigration to be a quiet invasion of our country. I think for example someone like Ron Gochez (He is a teacher in California who has called the Southwest 'stolen, occupied Mexico', has called for revolution against 'frail, racist white people' and openly supports Castro and Chavez, yet is allowed to teach students in Cali) should be charged with treason. I think we should have some kind of tougher sedition laws, maybe something similar (but not as tyrannical) as what John Adams did with the Alien & Sedition Acts.

He also never read an amendment that he would not break to serve his ends.
He was a political blackmailer that used any means necessary to gather information and destroy his opponents.

He was for the most part a grandstander that took credit for the work of others when convenient and blamed his staff for his mistakes when necessary.

He also looked like shit in women's clothes.

Adam Wood
11-20-2010, 11:23 PM
If people were to hear my feelings on Illegal Immigration, my ideas--I'd be called a heartless prick. Same with terrorism and violent criminals, as well as radicals at home.I am a hawk when it comes to our national defense--Our homeland and borders should be defended at all costs and without mercy or hesitation due to Political Correctness or any other factor. I consider Illegal Immigration to be a quiet invasion of our country. I think for example someone like Ron Gochez (He is a teacher in California who has called the Southwest 'stolen, occupied Mexico', has called for revolution against 'frail, racist white people' and openly supports Castro and Chavez, yet is allowed to teach students in Cali) should be charged with treason. I think we should have some kind of tougher sedition laws, maybe something similar (but not as tyrannical) as what John Adams did with the Alien & Sedition Acts.Personally, my problem with him was that he went way the hell out of his way to concentrate power, particularly police power, into the hands of the federal government, where it does not belong. The DUmmies and the Left in general hate him because he was such an anti-Communist, and they live their world surrounded by their own burning hatred of anything that doesn't agree with them politically. The Left doesn't like him because he didn't cotton to their bullshit. The Right (which is a minority in this case; I speak only for myself here) don't much care for centralizing power into the feds in clear contradiction to the Constitution.

To answer more directly your original question, he gets the bum rap because he was single-handedly responsible for engaging in so much personal animus against people using the government as his tool of choice. That's wrong no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

noonwitch
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
He also looked like shit in women's clothes.

And we all know fashion crimes are the worst crimes of all!!!

He blackmailed public gay figures while all the time being secretly gay himself. That's the main reason the left hates him.

Molon Labe
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
It ain't just the left that thinks he's a douche.

Sonnabend
11-23-2010, 07:11 AM
A man manically addicted to power, who then abused it to extremes no DUmmie could ever imagine. Start with COINTELPRO. It gets ugly.