PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Warm Fuzzies

Bubba Dawg
11-21-2010, 08:34 AM
43 degrees on The Mountain and overcast. I hope it rains.

Falcons are playing St. Louis at 4:00.

During the Summer when I'm dressed for comfort I wear shorts and a t-shirt with running shoes or sandals.

In Winter, I don't like to keep the house too warm. I'd rather have it cool inside and put on clothing to stay warm. I like to wear sweat pants, a t-shirt and a zip up hoodie, all grey. Usually I wear an old blue bathrobe over the grey zip up hoodie. I can take the hoodie/bathrobe on and off all as one unit. I also like thick socks and fuzzie indoor slippers to keep my feet warm.

TOTD: What do you like to wear for indoor cool weather, or warm weather, comfort. Not what you'd wear to go to the store, etc, but when work and errands are done, what are you comfort clothing items?

Also, what temperature do you like to keep your home thermostat set at? I like about 60 degrees.

The office and most stores are too warm for me.

djones520
11-21-2010, 08:37 AM
TOTD: The only real comfort clothing that I have is a fleece/sweater type of thing. I've had it for 12 years now, and I could wear it any where, in any weather without it bothering me.

Temperature wise, high 60's.

Rockntractor
11-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Italian Army surplus exercise suits. I keep the house at room temperature.

Bubba Dawg
11-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Italian Army surplus exercise suits. I keep the house at room temperature.

Room temperature is what? :confused:

PoliCon
11-21-2010, 02:03 PM
TOTD: we keep the thermostat at 64 in the winter and 72 in the summer.

As for what to wear around the house - what ever I wore that day minus shoes - add a fleece if I'm chilly. Or when it's close to bedtime - lounge pants and a long sleeved henley shirt.

Rockntractor
11-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Room temperature is what? :confused:

What ever temperature the wood stove heats the room to, usually there are four balls floating in the Galileo thermometer.

linda22003
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Leggings, and an old cashmere sweater that's too big for me. I wash it in the washing machine now, and it keeps getting softer and softer.

Bubba Dawg
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Leggings, and an old cashmere sweater that's too big for me. I wash it in the washing machine now, and it keeps getting softer and softer.

Just leggings and a sweater? :)

outstanding...

SaintLouieWoman
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
We keep the house around 76 in the summer (and now) when the AC is on. It's been beautiful the last few days, so turned off the AC and opened the sliders. The fresh air was wonderful.

As much as I didn't like Florida when we moved down in the heat of summer, I have to confess that I'm enjoying those 70 + degree days now.

My favorite comfort clothes are a pair of black comfy knit slacks with my red greyhound shirt that's too large, but comfy. When it's colder, have a variety of sweatshirts with sweatpants. (but I have only had to wear them a couple days since we've been here in mid-May).

Rockntractor
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
red greyhound shirt that's too large, but comfy. When it's colder, have a variety of sweatshirts with sweatpants. (but I have only had to wear them a couple days since we've been here in mid-May).

A shirt that a greyhound used to wear or a shirt made from a used greyhound or a shirt with a picture of a greyhound on it?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
11-21-2010, 10:18 PM
TOTD: A chainmail halberk and bunny slippers.

Rockntractor
11-21-2010, 11:43 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/il_fullxfull52260993.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
A shirt that a greyhound used to wear or a shirt made from a used greyhound or a shirt with a picture of a greyhound on it?:confused:

A shirt with the outlines of greys printed on it, outlined with little fake "jewels" for collars. For me, it's a lot of bling. :D

Articulate_Ape
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/il_fullxfull52260993.jpg

:D

Bubba Dawg
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM

What color bunny slippers?

(I may have the same outfit.)

Articulate_Ape
11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
What color bunny slippers?

(I may have the same outfit.)

Tartan plaid.

Bubba Dawg
11-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Tartan plaid.

Yep. Same outfit.

Plaid is my favorite color.