PDA

View Full Version : Eferrari ramping up for Top DUmmie of 2010

djones520
11-25-2010, 05:23 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9624889

EFerrari (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:26 PM
Original message
I think the new San Francisco law banning Happy Meals is brilliant
because it disrupts the corporate PR mainline to our kids' brains. And that's much more important than whatever can be done to make a Happy Meal resemble food.

How many of us learned our first brand by watching a commercial that showed a "prize" in a box of sugar? Kids learn so fast. It's so easy to train them to buy what you have to sell. By the time they are 18, it's a little late to teach them to think independently when the multinationals have been at them ever since they were old enough to sit up and watch teevee.

Anything that disrupts the training of children to become reflexive consumers of cr@p is a good thing, imo. One less body for Fox, one more potential liberal with working frontal lobes to make choices at the ballot box.

bluestateguy (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:29 PM
Response to Original message
1. I think what we need is more responsible parenting
and not Nanny State laws like this one.

EFerrari (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:31 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. No matter how good a parent you are, you can't block out the ads.
Do you have children? I had two and it was amazing how early they learned brand names.

Nanny state laws, my nanny. That's called community, something most parents rely on to help them raise their children safely to maturity.

Lisa D (124 posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:38 PM
Response to Reply #2
10. A parent can't block out the ads but can say the word no
and stick to it. Too many parents give into the whining, which only creates more whining.

EFerrari (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:41 PM
Response to Reply #10
13. Yes, a parent can stick to her/his guns.
But in practice, it's like standing in your yard with a hose during a wildfire. Parents need back up from the community.

jancantor (372 posts) Wed Nov-24-10 07:31 PM
Response to Reply #13
51. The San Fran City Council is not the community
They are the "deciders" and making the decision FOR the parents.

EFerrari (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-25-10 01:27 AM
Response to Reply #51
61. Um, we don't have a city council. We hae a board of supervisors
that are elected right out of their own district except for 2, I believe, who are floaters.

jancantor (372 posts) Thu Nov-25-10 01:31 AM
Response to Reply #61
64. My mistake on the terminology
I called them Commissars in another post. That would be more appropriate

17. I've got two kids and I think it's fucking ridiculous.
They don't eat McDonald's crap because my wife and I decided that it's just that ... crap. Nobody else should have a say in the matter.

EFerrari (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #17
20. How nice for you. Btw, you could still buy the exact same crap "food" for your kids
in San Francisco. And find them the same crap plastic toy. It's only the corporate marketing linking the two that will be disrupted.

On the other hand, if you have no problem having your kids co-opted by scammers, you could always drive ten minutes across the border.

It goes on an on and on. EFerarri against the entire DU community. She responds to nearly every post who tells her she's flat out wrong.

I went through it, and there is only like 3 other people who agree with her. Roughly 80 posts right now.

SarasotaRepub
11-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Yepper, she's a dingbat. Everything has to be political with these assclowns. :rolleyes:

BadCat
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Yepper, she's a dingbat. Everything has to be political with these assclowns. :rolleyes:

Doug Ferrari is the luckiest guy in the world.

NJCardFan
11-25-2010, 09:16 AM
This woman is amazing. I suppose she believes that the community should mow her lawn, raker her leaves, babysit her kids, ect.

marv
11-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Happy Meals = bad.

Illegals = good........marijuana = good.........crack = good........welfare = good........what am I missing?

movie buff
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, definite candidate for Top DUmmie of 2010.