PDA

View Full Version : Canada Pulls Out of Racist UN Conference

megimoo
11-25-2010, 05:04 PM
OTTAWA - Citing rampant anti-Semitism, the Conservative government announced on Thursday that Canada has “lost faith” in the United Nations' human rights process and will not take part in the next anti-racism conference, known as Durban III."The original Durban conference, and its declaration, as well as the non-governmental activities associated with it, proved to be a dangerous platform for racism, including anti-Semitism,” said Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

The first Durban conference was held in South Africa in Sept., 2001, just days before the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon. While the UN-sponsored conference was supposed to be about dealing with racism, only one country was singled out: Israel.A follow-up conference last year repeated the pattern.Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered the keynote speech at last year's conference. Ahmadinejad used the speech to accuse Israel of being a genocidal regime built on racism, and propped up by their American masters.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/11/25/16313121.html

AmPat
11-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I say the USA needs to pull out of the UN entirely.

Apache
11-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Get them to pay their parking fines FIRST! :rolleyes:

Kay
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM

I second that.