PDA

View Full Version : Post-Turkey Relaxation Thread!

Gingersnap
11-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Did you survive? Did you feast? Are you in the traditional post-turkey stupor mode yet?

Tell us what you're up to and what you have planned. :D

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I am chair material.

Kay
11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I did good this year, didn't over eat too much. But then again I'd already snuck
into everything early this morning long before it was time to put it on the table.

It is 48 degrees outside right now, and we're supposed to get to 28 as the low, so
will have our first freeze tonight.

I just noticed that The Expendables is on PPV. I shall be watching that tonight.
After I watch Texas beat A&M first.

Gingersnap
11-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Alice's Restaurant (inexpertly illustrated):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyXTOHC3w8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA83Xsj4WHM

SarasotaRepub
11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
We just got back from my mom's. Had plenty of everything!! And we brought back stuff. :D We took Blue with us since he has a bandage on his tail and we didn't want him pulling it off when we were gone.

And no cleanup. Bonus!!! :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Did anyone watch the Macy's parade today? We recorded it and will have to examine it carefully. My favorite little girls, my niece's daughters, went with their mommy and daddy to New York. Another relative got tickets to sit in the area under the Macy's canopy where they stopped and performed. The little girls were so excited, as they saw the Hello Kitty balloon and all the performers close-up. The little red haired girl had a sign made up to wave if the camera came close. She's such a little planner.

Wednesday they stood by the window at the Today show. Apparently they were on TV. The little red head was waving to the camera. I heard she was "practicing the wave".

For a little girl she has big plans. She's going to the Plaza Hotel for tea this weekend, because that's what the little girl in one of her books did. I think it was Pippi Longstocking, if I have my kid stories straight.

She has decided on her future career. She plans to be an interior designer and have a shop in New York City. A couple of years ago she wanted to be a policewoman.

I love kids. They're so cute (when you don't have to take care of them full time and can just smile over their cute little things). :D

lurkalot
11-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Took the bug to the care center for Thanksgiving dinner. For those residents who did not have family to visit or take them out for the meal, the bug and I hosted a "family style" dinner with the works. Christmas Carols in the background, lace tableclothes, and a TON of food in bowls passed around. I just can't see calling it a holiday meal when the food is placed on a plate and put down in front of the elder just like any other day of the year! We had great conversation, everyone ate themselves to a stupor and once again my dietary staff outdid themselves!
Tomorrow is the bug's birthday and she wants ANOTHER turkey dinner, so am baking pies now. Made a beef wellington for supper (I was making pie crusts anyway) and will be up at the butt crack of dawn to start it all over again!
:cool:

Apache
11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
By myself, had a sammich...

That's about it :eek:

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 08:02 PM
By myself, had a sammich...

That's about it :eek:

What kind of sandwich?

Apache
11-25-2010, 08:06 PM
What kind of sandwich?

Peanut butter...

Looking and hopefully found a second job. This season has been rough and I don't have the savings to make it through the winter...:mad:

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Peanut butter...

Looking and hopefully found a second job. This season has been rough and I don't have the savings to make it through the winter...:mad:

I wish you luck, you guys have a temperate winter so you can still do outside work can't you?

Apache
11-25-2010, 08:31 PM
I wish you luck, you guys have a temperate winter so you can still do outside work can't you?

No, we have cold winters up here, but I may have a third shift job lined up so as not to affect my work now :)

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 08:44 PM
No, we have cold winters up here, but I may have a third shift job lined up so as not to affect my work now :)

In slow years I cut firewood in the winter to make up the difference.

Kay
11-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Peanut butter...

I'm sorry to hear this, I wish I could send you some turkey.
At least if it gets really bad this winter, you can try some camel steaks.
LOL, just kidding. I'll be praying for you my friend, that things get better.

Gingersnap
11-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, I'm dicing with the Devil now. I just took some cold medicine and poured myself a nice glass of white wine. :p

Apache
11-25-2010, 09:11 PM
In slow years I cut firewood in the winter to make up the difference.

Already done that and got displays in 4 spots in town :D

Apache
11-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, I wish I could send you some turkey.
At least if it gets really bad this winter, you can try some camel steaks.
LOL, just kidding. I'll be praying for you my friend, that things get better.

Head up, right? The good Lord is putting the steps in place to get me up outta this mess :p

Apache
11-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, I'm dicing with the Devil now. I just took some cold medicine and poured myself a nice glass of white wine. :p

Hangovers aisle 4! :p

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Where did yah go Snaps?:confused:

Kay
11-25-2010, 10:21 PM
http://th210.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/Ronnies_Pets/smileys%20emoticons/th_frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-.gif
It is 35 degrees here.
And dropping.

Rockntractor
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
http://th210.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/Ronnies_Pets/smileys%20emoticons/th_frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-.gif
It is 35 degrees here.
And dropping.

We are headed down to 22.

CueSi
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
In total post-turkey mode..watching the game, thinking about having some ice cream, and maybe a Jack on the rocks. I'm enjoying my NEW laptop with the windows 7 and all that other stuff. I know I have to get my stuff off my old laptop, but I'll wait till Monday to do that. :D

f*ck black Friday. It's in the 80's here, but I'm not waiting in line, or waking up early. :D

~QC

lacarnut
11-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Had a great time over at my brother and SIL. I am stuffed. Ate turkey and ham twice. Watched the Saints pull another game out of their ass over the Cowpokes.

Rockntractor
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Had a great time over at my brother and SIL. I am stuffed. Ate turkey and ham twice. Watched the Saints pull another game out of their ass over the Cowpokes.

I had turkey for dinner and Boudin for supper. Tasty!

Gingersnap
11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Hangovers aisle 4! :p

Not so much. I had 2 glasses of a nice Symphony and called it a night. I will admit that clearing the overnight snot took some time this morning. :(