PDA

View Full Version : DUmmies and some more PDS

djones520
11-26-2010, 05:14 AM
jmowreader (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 09:21 PM
Original message
Hypocrisy, thy name is Bristol
Teabagger math:

(Underage female - husband) + child = skank, slut, Jezebel, or whatever else you want to call her

((Underage female - husband) + child) + mother who thinks being the half-term governor of a state three people live in qualifies her to be president = role model for all of today's impressionable youth

Really, we think that? You have proof of this? Yeah... thought not, ass hole.

CBHagman (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 09:34 PM
Response to Original message
1. Don't forget hard work and Christian values.
The 'cans are supposedly fervent in their admiration of hard work and strong faith. But Jesus preached you can't serve God and Mammon, and that you should forgive seventy times seven. Which translates into Bristol leaving her little boy behind to appear on DWTS (though it's not clear what she starred in...), where she survives the rounds despite comparatively low scores and expresses the wish to deliver a big middle finger to the "haters."

Yes, people like you do deserve the finger.

Recursion (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 10:04 PM
Response to Original message
5. No. You know what? This is crap and it's not remotely fair
Bristol Palin made a mistake and lived up to the consequences and has spent her time trying to convince other kids not to make that same mistake. I really have very little to say to people who attack her.

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!

benddem (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 10:14 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. what I attack
are the "Christians" who support her. After spending years bashing other unwed mothers they love her. And she can't dance. The little I watched was embarrassing. I've never watched the program but if the other dancers are as bad as she was...glad I don't watch.

Recursion (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-24-10 10:25 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. OK, help me out. Where is the hypocrisy?
Conservatives say that people (and, incidentally, as much as I understand the feminist critique of conservative Christianity, this isn't just "women", but "people") who have sex out of wedlock should live up to the consequences of that. Bristol did. Not only that, she went on to spend her time trying to convince other kids not to make the mistake she did.

Obama was 100% right: Bristol is in the exact same situation his mother was. Using her or her kid as a football pisses me off.

Oh crap! He compaired Bristol to Obama!!! He's so gonna get the tombstone now.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9626873

It's a stupid read, but then again very little from the DUmp isn't stupid to read.

movie buff
11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Recursion will definitely be tombstoned for those statements, I think.
"the "Christians" who support her. After spending years bashing other unwed mothers they love her."
Bristol was planning on getting married to Levi, before that punk abandoned her and her child and tried to make a career for himself out of bashing her and her family to the liberal media outlets. As such, it's not her fault.
"((Underage female - husband) + child) + mother who thinks being the half-term governor of a state three people live in qualifies her to be president = role model for all of today's impressionable youth"
1. Alaska is a huge state, idiot.
2. Some of Palin's accomplishments as governor prior to being selected as McCain's running mate: Negotiating an oil contract deal that brought loads of money and jobs to Alaska, thus giving a nice big boost to Alaska's economy, rooting out political corruption in both parties in a state which to that point was well known for having one of the most corrupt political systems in the country, and getting an 87% approval rating.
In contrast, Obama's accomplishments prior to starting his presidential campaign: Being a "Community organizer," associating with scumbags like Bill Ayers and Tony Rezko, and serving less than a year in the Senate in which all he did was vote "Present" a few times.