PDA

View Full Version : Kerry rents out Boston Symphony Hall to celebrate himself

Rockntractor
11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Battle-weary Bay State Democrats are getting squeezed by U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry this Christmas, as the nation’s richest senator puts the arm on cash-strapped party donors to fill his campaign war chest — even though he’s not up for re-election for another four years.

“I think people feel very tapped-out,” said Phil Johnston, former Massachusetts Democratic Party chairman, who is helping to organize Kerry’s Dec. 13 gala. Johnston, who said he is seeing steady ticket sales, still expects a full house.

“It’s a mea- sure of John Kerry’s strength among Democrats that this event should be hugely successful,” he said.

The state’s senior senator — recently ranked the nation’s richest with $2.7 million in his campaign coffers and an estimated net worth of $239 million — is asking fellow Democrats to open their wallets yet again after they dug deep during a hard-fought election year. His extravaganza at the Boston Symphony — where tickets range from $75 to $4,800 — could be a tough sell as the party’s rank-and-file struggles through another Christmas in a tough economy.
Mo>http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1298945

PoliCon
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
How does he keep from tipping over with a head as swollen as his? Did you know he served in Vietnam? :rolleyes:

m00
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
He has $239 million. Why doesnt he fund it himself?

Apocalypse
11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
What I found more interesting is he's not up for re-election in another 4 years, but feels pressed to start getting that cash now. Typically he does well on donations, so the question is why the push hard now for cash? Does he see a changing landscape on the horizon one that will make it harder much sooner to raise that cash? Or does he have other ambitions (Second run) that will require that cash?

Bailey
11-29-2010, 06:59 AM
He has $239 million. Why doesnt he fund it himself?

Isn't most of that money his wives? I heard she keeps him on a short leash money wise so he won't do to her what he did to his last wife. :D

PoliCon
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Isn't most of that money his wives? I heard she keeps him on a short leash money wise so he won't do to her what he did to his last wife. :D

No no - she has MUCH more than that - and her money is her dead husbands (Sen. John Heinz (R-PA)).

noonwitch
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
How does he keep from tipping over with a head as swollen as his? Did you know he served in Vietnam? :rolleyes:

I look forward every year to seeing him as the Snow Mizer on ABC Family channel.

Bailey
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
No no - she has MUCH more than that - and her money is her dead husbands (Sen. John Heinz (R-PA)).

How the fuck does a man in the senate earn that kind of money?

PoliCon
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
How the fuck does a man in the senate earn that kind of money?

He's a gold digger for starts.

AmPat
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
If his giggolo business tapers off, he always has daddy Soros to fund him.

Speedy
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't think it is about the money with alot of these fuckers. It is about being reassured about how relevant and loved they are.

AmPat
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think it is about the money with alot of these fuckers. It is about being reassured about how relevant and loved they are.

Spot on!

“It’s a mea- sure of John Kerry’s strength among Democrats that this event should be hugely successful,” he said.

If the measure of strength is how many show up, I can't wait to see the numbers.