PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks ‘Cablegate’ Site Hit By Powerful Cyber-Attack

megimoo
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
The WikiLeaks website said it came under a forceful Internet-based attack on Tuesday morning, making some of the content, including the controversial “Cablegate” documents, inaccessible for hours to users in the U.S. and Europe.The site appears to have responded by switching its main hosting base from Sweden to the U.S., making it available again.
snip
The site, which distributed a trove of U.S. diplomatic documents on Sunday, said in a Twitter message on Tuesday morning that it was under a “distributed denial of service attack,” a method commonly used by hackers to slow down or bring down sites. WikiLeaks didn’t identify the attackers.

“We are currently under a DDOS attack,” according to one tweet early Tuesday. Shortly after 9 a.m., another tweet was sent, saying, “DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second.”The site, which is devoted to releasing anonymously submitted documents, also came under attack Sunday, but Tuesday’s attack appeared to be more powerful.

\http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/11/30/wikileaks-hit-by-powerful-cyber-attack/

PoliCon
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Some US company was a willing host to this crap???

Rockntractor
11-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Homeland security recently shut down several websites for copyright infringement, something that is hardly their business yet for some reason they refuse to shut down the Wikileaks sight.
There is a reason they don't shut down the site, the government is not objecting enough.

djones520
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Homeland security recently shut down several websites for copyright infringement, something that is hardly their business yet for some reason they refuse to shut down the Wikileaks sight.
There is a reason they don't shut down the site, the government is not objecting enough.

Or they don't have the legal authority? If it's being hosted in Europe I'm pretty sure whatever country it's hosted in would object pretty strongly if we just busted in and started shutting their internetz down.

Rockntractor
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Or they don't have the legal authority? If it's being hosted in Europe I'm pretty sure whatever country it's hosted in would object pretty strongly if we just busted in and started shutting their internetz down.

Not all of the copyright infringement sites were located here either and we didn't hesitate to shut them down, somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% of all Internet traffic goes through hubs here, something just doesn't smell right.

PoliCon
11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
reality is that the left wants to make the US look bad. They want us "cut down to size." What they fail to realize is that if we get 'cut down to size' we're going to be an even bigger target. :(

patriot45
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
We need our geeks to put a trojan worm in thier butts and shut them down!

Rockntractor
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
We need our geeks to put a trojan worm in thier butts and shut them down!

Why would the worm need a condom?:confused:

patriot45
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Why would the worm need a condom?:confused:

Playin it safe!
:cool:

megimoo
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM

They didn't actually shut them down,they just disabled the links.The servers are in Europe and when they go to the top domain the links will be restored.

patriot45
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
They didn't actually shut them down,they just disabled the links.The servers are in Europe and when they go to the top domain the links will be restored.

I don't understand?
Can you explain that in a thousand words or more?
:D

Rockntractor
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't understand?
:D

He would have to have Wilbur translate!:eek:

megimoo
11-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't understand?
:DThe links point to the server.It's an address to the actual server .If they are deleted or redirected
there is no way to the actual host computer.OK ?

Here read it yourself !
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2284164

patriot45
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
The links point to the server.It's an address to the actual server .If they are deleted or redirected

I r dumb!
;)

Rockntractor
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
The links point to the server.It's an address to the actual server .If they are deleted or redirected

They took the address off the envelope!

megimoo
11-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I r dumb!
;)Far from it .This whole thing is just horse shit and gun smoke.