PDA

View Full Version : DU'er says Wikileaks wrong, DUmmies disagree

djones520
12-01-2010, 01:14 AM
MrScorpio (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 07:19 PM
Original message
When I was in the Service, it was was my job to protect classified data
Advertisements [?]Edited on Tue Nov-30-10 07:21 PM by MrScorpio
I had a Top Secret-SCI security clearance and access to classified systems and restricted locations.

It was a duty that I took quite seriously.

At the same time, Bush was pushing the nation towards an illegal war against Iraq.

However...

Not once, ever, did I feel that it was the right thing to do to steal classified information and reveal it, because I had a moral objection to Bush's warmongering.

Not once, ever, did I feel that it was the right thing to do to break my oath to uphold the Constitution and to disobey my superiors, because I felt that invading Iraq was illegal.

Not once, ever, did I feel that it was the right thing to do to expose the nation's secrets to unauthorized persons to make a point, just as Dick Cheney did.

Yes, I hated the war and I was even a member of DU at the time. But betraying the nation's secrets was something that I never considered and I still think is beyond the pale.

The service member who stole the information that he was not entitled to steal and sent it to people who were not entitled to receive it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Now, I'll say this: While he was in the service and was a witness to wrong doings by our government, there are proper channels that he could have reported those wrong doings. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do them.

What he did was completely wrong.

First few replies are nice. Then get this shit.

KansasVoter (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 07:22 PM
Response to Original message
5. They love the "obey orders" types.

Incitatus (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 07:42 PM
Response to Reply #5
34. Yeah, just imagine what Hitler would have been able to do without them. nt

One tries to hit them with their own medicine.

stray cat (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 08:29 PM
Response to Reply #5
61. I agree with you that dick Cheney is a hero for his similar act of patriotism outing secrets

And the response?

NuclearDem (450 posts) Tue Nov-30-10 09:29 PM
Response to Reply #61
73. False equivalency...horribly false
Disclosing classifying information about the wars which got nobody killed is nowhere near the same as outing a CIA operative to punish her husband for dissent against the war and getting her informants killed.

Except outing Plame had no reprecussions, but all of these records DO! Fuckin idiot.

Back to some serious scumbaggery though.

BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 07:24 PM
6. wow
You could have saved the lives of untold numbers of people.

I understand why you didn't, but still, what could have been.

Yeah, fuck you douche water.

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 07:27 PM
11. I just checked and I see nothing in the Constitution about disobeying superiors.
Of course, a person could be charged and tried for treason in a court of law, but that would be the chance that an ethical person might take.

And... you can eat shit and die.

It gets a lot dumber from there, so I'm walking away before I blow an artery.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9659531

Dan D. Doty
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
If Cheney did it, its wrong.

If a Moonbat did, its right.

Notice that they never mention the torture chambers, the rape rooms, or the gasing of thr Kurds.

Or seem to forget that Sadam based his government on MEIN KAMPF.

Amazing how much slips the minds of DUers these days; they hate America so much they side with Fascism without a thought.