PDA

View Full Version : Du'ers fight about Pvt Manning

djones520
12-01-2010, 01:43 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9658616

gateley (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 05:33 PM
Original message
HOW was the serviceman who gave the info to Wikileaks identified? I don't know
if I've ever heard how that came about. Thanks.

Pavulon (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 05:35 PM
Response to Original message
1. He bragged about it on the internet. When someone called him on it, he provided proof he was a
traitor in IRC chat forcing the person to either turn him in or become a conspirator. They choose wisely.

librechik (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 05:36 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Quick to convict, I see
He's innocent, until PROVEN guilty in our alleged justice system. Not that that matters to you, apparently.

Give that same curtesy to Bush maybe? Yeah... thought not.

Pavulon (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 05:48 PM
Response to Reply #3
11. When you confess in public, conviction gets much easier.
he is criminally innocent, I say he is a treasonous piece of shit. If it turns out he is innocent, he can come sue me.

Like I said fuck him, he will be doing the hardest time in the US.

BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:30 PM
Response to Reply #11
34. wow
And the guy is a hero to me. He is a true patriot. A real warrior.
A peaceful warrior, and you sit there and dis him? wow.

Pavulon (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:34 PM
Response to Reply #34
36. Yep, some people love charlie manson. he has groupies too
the guy dumped raw data to do the most damage possible. so fuck him, i hope he lives a very long life in a very shitty prison.

BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:38 PM
Response to Reply #36
38. wow
Your hatred is something to see. The guy is a Patriot of the highest order. And you dis him? wow

Pavulon (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:43 PM
Response to Reply #38
40. Yes I dis him, dont worry he will have plenty of friends in prison.
you know where patriots like pollard and manning live. Despise is the word, i despise dog shit on my shoe, manning is about the same thing.

BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:52 PM
Response to Reply #40
43. Why?
He is a Patriot. He did what he did and made the world a safer place.
We should all be thanking him for his sacrifice.

Pavulon (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:55 PM
Response to Reply #43
44. because he broke the law and bragged about it, in public on IRC..
which makes him a criminal and a giant fucking moron.

BeFree (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-30-10 06:57 PM
Response to Reply #44
50. Ahhh
See, to me, bush deserves the type of anguish you dish out.

Who did Manning kill? All he did was a mild case of civil disobedience and you are blowing him
up to be as bad as bush? wow.

This just goes on and on. Two threads in a row like this is getting me to nominate BeFree for Top 10 Dummies.

Dan D. Doty
12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
DU has really gone Orwellian.

Traitors are patroits ... wow ...

Bailey
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I like pavulon hes in the gun forum a lot and he better watch out or he will get banned :(

One of the more saner persons at DU. (i know thats not saying much)

noonwitch
12-01-2010, 01:04 PM
BeFree is not very smart.

If Manning was blowing the lid on some type of covered up atrocity committed by the government or by the military, I would say then that he was brave to come forward. But that's not the case, he's just doing this to embarrass the US, and may have compromised military personnel overseas by doing so. Lock him up until his medical bills exceed the cost of his incarceration.

Beefeater
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
A little faggot leaks classified info to an accused rapist and the DUmmies have an orgasm.

Manning did what he did to impress a queer "hacker" after his previous boyfriend dumped him. How was this unstable and vulnerable to blackmail little pansy allowed to have access to sensitive information in the 1st place?

Adam Wood
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
A little faggot leaks classified info to an accused rapist and the DUmmies have an orgasm.

Manning did what he did to impress a queer "hacker" after his previous boyfriend dumped him. How was this unstable and vulnerable to blackmail little pansy allowed to have access to sensitive information in the 1st place?Curious....

I've heard in about four different places now that this cat is gay, with the sub-theme that he did it as some form of "protest" about the military's gay policy.

Does anyone have any sort of hard evidence on this? So far as I know, there is no proof one way or the other on the motive. I'm very curious about this because AFAIC, this could have very serious DADT consequences.

djones520
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Manning bragged about it to a hacker after the fact, he didn't do it to impress him. Never heard a word about that hacker being gay. As for his motive, there isn't anything official that I am aware of. My speculation is that he is a person who is DUmmie style indoctrinated and thought what he was doing was heroic.

Either someone failed hard on his TS Clearance background check, or he was smart enough back then to keep a small internet foot print.

m00
12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Manning bragged about it to a hacker after the fact, he didn't do it to impress him. Never heard a word about that hacker being gay. As for his motive, there isn't anything official that I am aware of. My speculation is that he is a person who is DUmmie style indoctrinated and thought what he was doing was heroic.

Either someone failed hard on his TS Clearance background check, or he was smart enough back then to keep a small internet foot print.

I have no sympathy for people who break security clearances... unless you want to be a whistleblower and uncover some massive wrongdoing because you are trying to do the right thing. But you still roll the dice.

I'm actually more annoyed that the wikileaks documents were basically run-of-the-mill stuff because it means this guy had zero reason. If the military was deliberately dumping radioactive waste into New York's water supply, yeah okay leak that and public opinion will probably be on your side.

I suppose some good could come of this - maybe we will re-evaluate our policy on who we give access to which information.

PoliCon
12-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I like how espionage and treason are now a case of minor civil disobedience . . . . :rolleyes:

hoplophobe
12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I like how espionage and treason are now a case of minor civil disobedience . . . . :rolleyes:It depends on the political leanings of who is doing it for some people.

PoliCon
12-03-2010, 01:23 PM
It depends on the political leanings of who is doing it for some people.

True. If Manning had leaked Barry's college transcripts there would be hell to pay.

enslaved1
12-04-2010, 02:37 AM
The guy who turned Manning in spoke at the Next HOPE on a panel about informants. (He was not a real popular person at a hacker conference, but he got more respect and talking time than say a conservative on DU, go here (http://thenexthope.org/talks-list/) and scroll down to Informants:Villains or Heroes? to hear) His claim was that he turned Manning in because the Collateral Murder video was pulled out of a lawyers computer, indicating that an investigation was going on, and he thought that releasing the video would mess up the prosecution.