PDA

View Full Version : "John Bolton Interview:Obama's in Way Over His Head"

megimoo
12-01-2010, 06:13 AM
It's December 2010, so it must be 2012 campaign season. A number of possible Republican presidential candidates have suggested (perhaps to endear themselves to weary political reporters) that they won't announce -- at least formally -- for several months. But that's a dodge.

The pre-announcement jockeying -- which looks an awful lot like campaigning -- is well underway. Rep. Mike Pence delivered a candidate-like speech in Detroit on Monday. And a day doesn't pass without an e-mail missive from Team Pawlenty. Here at Right Turn, we'll be looking at and talking to would-be contenders and assessing how they might stack up against the competition. Today: former United Nations ambassador John Bolton.

There's been no harsher critic of the Obama administration's foreign policy than Bolton. Whether on START, the Iranian threat or "Russian reset," he makes no bones about his concern that President Obama is simply "in over his head" on national security, as he told me in a wide-ranging interview that touched on his own presidential aspirations and his criticisms of Obama.

Bolton has begun to talk openly to conservative gatherings and media about his interest in a 2012 presidential run. "I'm seriously considering it," he told me in an interview, in large part because of the "lack of foreign policy debate."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-turn/

Jfor
12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Bolton is somebody I would vote for.

lacarnut
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Bolton is somebody I would vote for.

Me too. He pisses off liberals almost as bad as Palin does. Plus, he has not forgotten those liberal Senators that put thumbs down on his UN appointment.

Jfor
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Me too. He pisses off liberals almost as bad as Palin does. Plus, he has not forgotten those liberal Senators that put thumbs down on his UN appointment.

And the fact that he loathes the UN is another big +1 in my book!

Teddy Kennedy
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I like Bolton, and for him to vocalize what everyone already knows but is afraid to say about Obama makes me like him even more.

Clearly, Obama is in way over his head.

Kay
12-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I never would have thought about him seriously running for president.
I'm glad to hear he is considering it. I like Bolton too.

fettpett
12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
same...I'd vote for him, but I think he'd make a better Sec of State